Liam watts.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Liam watts.

Post by Tigers1926 » 09 Jun 2020, 19:16

I'll ask him myself when I see him in person. He's a good bloke who always has time for anyone, and is always knocking about the area, and I'm sure would give a honest answer.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jun 2020, 21:42

Fumper27 wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:45
nottinghamtiger wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 16:06
tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 16:03 There shop wouldn't have been open at that time would it ?
when there were food shortages.
Nail and head.

Food shortage included the wholesalers, which left Phil unable to stock all six shops and fulfill his other commitments. Therefore, he made the decision to close a few ships to fully stock the ones left open. However, he was still short of chicken so he bought from supermarkets and stood the loss himself.

Some people can’t do right for doing wrong nowadays. If he’d of done nothing and left the care home short, he’d of been vilified also.
This is absolutely appalling.

Not sure who this Phil bloke is but it is shocking what transpired.

Indeed he should have not sold to the general public until the contract was fulfilled. I’m never shopping at Bennett’s again and am telling all my friends to share the hell out of this profiteering at the expense of other needy folks.

Absolutely horrid, horrible horrible horrible
Audacter Et Sincere

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 09 Jun 2020, 22:56

Mysterio wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:42
tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 16:03 There shop wouldn't have been open at that time would it ?
Nail and head.

Food shortage included the wholesalers, which left Phil unable to stock all six shops and fulfill his other commitments. Therefore, he made the decision to close a few ships to fully stock the ones left open. However, he was still short of chicken so he bought from supermarkets and stood the loss himself.

Some people can’t do right for doing wrong nowadays. If he’d of done nothing and left the care home short, he’d of been vilified also.

Indeed he should have not sold to the general public until the contract was fulfilled. I’m never shopping at Bennett’s again and am telling all my friends to share the hell out of this profiteering at the expense of other needy folks.

Suprised you never heard about this. I live near Barnsley and was told from someone who shops at his shops he had been getting meat from the supermarkets to sell in his shops leaving nothing for the public. I know he has a business but it was a joke. Not just him but anyone who was over buying. I had to go to 6 shops one day just to buy baaby formula.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 10 Jun 2020, 08:42

Stuff is or was hard to get hold of. But now thank god it seems to be easing slightly. Anyway back to Liam I can't see any truth in what has been stated. But at the end of the day it's up to Liam. He will do what is best for him and his family what ever he does he gets my best wishes.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jun 2020, 11:28

I would imagine the settled family and business with a pretty much guaranteed place in the si would put Lam in a very good place. Add to this a possible England place then things are as good as they maybe could be.

It was stated that he was t happy at Hull for whatever reason but he seems to have over on and is now in a fantastic place. To move to Aussie could change all that and is a risk. I hope and believe he will stay with us and not move to the NRL. You only have to see how he has performed and this has to be partly down to a very settled life.

Long may it continue.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Jun 2020, 13:24

I appreciate there are many factors that seem to make staying here his only option but if it was me, I could never live with the nagging thought, what if?

Young families move to Aus. all the time and his business interests could be managed for him, with his input done digitally.

I have no desire to lose who I feel is currently the best British prop but I wouldn't begrudge him taking at a shot at it.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Jun 2020, 13:59

Flat Capper wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 13:24 I appreciate there are many factors that seem to make staying here his only option but if it was me, I could never live with the nagging thought, what if?

Young families move to Aus. all the time and his business interests could be managed for him, with his input done digitally.

I have no desire to lose who I feel is currently the best British prop but I wouldn't begrudge him taking at a shot at it.
Fact is his kids wouldn’t be moving with him, as Liam and the children’s mum are separated. So he would be moving to the other side of the world without them.
Similarly, his current partner is pregnant. Therefore, moving to the other side of the world and having no family support with a newborn baby probably isn’t ideal for her and Liam at this point in time.
For some players, the draw of Australia isn’t that tempting. Rugby is a job after all, and not many people would move to the other side of the world to do the same job if it meant leaving behind some of the most important things in our personal life.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Jun 2020, 16:44

I fully appreciate some people carry a great deal of sentiment with them but how many overseas players have had their children born over here whilst playing for Cas?

And the prospects of a long holiday in Aus for the kids from his previous relationship(s) may be worth exploring.

Of course, it is a case of each to their own but I don't see too many obtacles there that cannot be overcome. I'm sure his support group will advise accordingley to help him reach the right conclusion for him and his family, not for Cas fans.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Jun 2020, 17:02

Flat Capper wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 16:44 I fully appreciate some people carry a great deal of sentiment with them but how many overseas players have had their children born over here whilst playing for Cas?
Plenty. But the difference is that they didn’t have a contract with an NRL team!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jun 2020, 18:57

He's said himself he's going nowhere why's this still a thing?
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Jun 2020, 06:57

bane73 wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 18:57 He's said himself he's going nowhere why's this still a thing?
👍😂😂😂😂
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jun 2020, 07:49

bane73 wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 18:57 He's said himself he's going nowhere why's this still a thing?
Sorry Mr. Forum Policeman, on behalf of all people using the forum as intended. It won’t happen again 😒😒😒

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jun 2020, 07:57

nottinghamtiger wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 13:59
Flat Capper wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 13:24 I appreciate there are many factors that seem to make staying here his only option but if it was me, I could never live with the nagging thought, what if?

Fact is his kids wouldn’t be moving with him, as Liam and the children’s mum are separated. So he would be moving to the other side of the world without them.
Similarly, his current partner is pregnant. Therefore, moving to the other side of the world and having no family support with a newborn baby probably isn’t ideal for her and Liam at this point in time.
For some players, the draw of Australia isn’t that tempting. Rugby is a job after all, and not many people would move to the other side of the world to do the same job if it meant leaving behind some of the most important things in our personal life.
Agree on some part Notts but not in others. Moving to Australia in 99% of other professions wouldn’t be a move to the highest level of said chosen profession. In RL, it is. I think UK players see it as a test of their abilities to come up against the best players in the world, week after week and be able to perform in such an environment. Some, like we’re seeing can, some can’t. On a selfish level, I hope Liam stays at Cas but, if he chose that path, I’d wish him well and think back to when I used to watch him as a youngster playing at Lock Lane.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 11 Jun 2020, 08:04

Fumper27 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 07:49
Sorry Mr. Forum Policeman, on behalf of all people using the forum as intended. It won’t happen again 😒😒😒
Good, now behave yourself, or you'll be banished to the land of the great unwashed over the common... Wakey.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jun 2020, 09:12

bane73 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:04
Good, now behave yourself, or you'll be banished to the land of the great unwashed over the common... Wakey.
Jesus Bane73, Saddam Hussein got a lesser punishment than that 🤣🤣🤣

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 11 Jun 2020, 10:46

Fumper27 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 09:12
bane73 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:04
Jesus Bane73, Saddam Hussein got a lesser punishment than that 🤣🤣🤣
:D :D

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 11 Jun 2020, 11:12

Leave Wakey out of this. Lol

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Jun 2020, 12:16

Those statements are generally as valuable as the Football Chairperson saying they have full confidence in their manager! :dance:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Jun 2020, 13:54

Mysterio wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:42
Nail and head.

good bloke is phil. he likes a chat about rugby and always does me a good deal. just don't mention half acres.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Jun 2020, 16:22

lurcher wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 13:54 good bloke is phil. he likes a chat about rugby and always does me a good deal. just don't mention half acres.
Lol...overstatement of the year perhaps
Audacter Et Sincere