Cardboard fans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cardboard fans

Post by corvusxiii » 06 Jun 2020, 09:59

SuffolkTiger wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 21:57 The OP topic title indicated to me that this was a thread about Whinos fans so, therefore, shouldn't it be in Anything RL/Fans of other clubs...? :-)
The very first thing I thought as well.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 06 Jun 2020, 10:49

Honestly I'd join in it would be a laugh that's for sure. But I reckon most would be blocked out for Sky.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Jun 2020, 11:06

Maybe the club could sell ‘blocks’ to local businesses for a few hundred quid each? A banner with the company name goes in front of their block. I’d be interested for my company - I have 18 staff so would let each member of staff do their own, could be fun.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Jun 2020, 12:44

I like the idea of the cutouts and igloos quite good at the games we have seen. Not thing is how would they do it on the terraces with the same effect? Most of the ones we have seen are in all seater stadium so not sure terracing would work the same..

Would be interested in doing it though. A good fun way to raise a few quid and something for the fans to look for when it’s on tv.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 06 Jun 2020, 15:43

Yea bring it on.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 06 Jun 2020, 21:33

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 12:44 I like the idea of the cutouts and igloos quite good at the games we have seen. Not thing is how would they do it on the terraces with the same effect? Most of the ones we have seen are in all seater stadium so not sure terracing would work the same..

Would be interested in doing it though. A good fun way to raise a few quid and something for the fans to look for when it’s on tv.
We’d just put them on chairs from the restaurant!😂
Audacter Et Sincere

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 07 Jun 2020, 12:23

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 07 Jun 2020, 13:10

On the barriers?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Jun 2020, 13:56

Fixing the ladies toilet blocks??

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jun 2020, 06:56

The RL are considering using a limited number of grounds should the game resume in August Headingley being one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 08 Jun 2020, 21:27

Sheadingley, what a surprise NOT. Why can't each home team play on their own ground? Just asking!! 🤔

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Jun 2020, 09:28

Seems pointless using the larger stadia unless it’s for a bigger space in the changing rooms rooms for social distancing? Which I know seem a bit arse about face when it’s a contact sport but hay ho.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jun 2020, 10:31

TT Tiger wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 09:28 Seems pointless using the larger stadia unless it’s for a bigger space in the changing rooms rooms for social distancing? Which I know seem a bit arse about face when it’s a contact sport but hay ho.
That's what I believe there looking at one ground in Yorkshire one in Lancashire maybe one more at least for restart in August
Also the job retention scheme won't be allowed to be in place once the players return to training to stop any club not having there players back in traing to prepare for the re-start in other words waiting till August to bring there players back to save money
It seems bonkers to think any club would disregard the welfare of the players by not having them back in training once everything was considered safe to do that but I read yesterday that was the fear one or two clubs might be looking at doing
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jun 2020, 10:58

tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 10:31
TT Tiger wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 09:28 Seems pointless using the larger stadia unless it’s for a bigger space in the changing rooms rooms for social distancing? Which I know seem a bit arse about face when it’s a contact sport but hay ho.
That's what I believe there looking at one ground in Yorkshire one in Lancashire maybe one more at least for restart in August
Also the job retention scheme won't be allowed to be in place once the players return to training to stop any club not having there players back in traing to prepare for the re-start in other words waiting till August to bring there players back to save money
It seems bonkers to think any club would disregard the welfare of the players by not having them back in training once everything was considered safe to do that but I read yesterday that was the fear one or two clubs might be looking at doing
If cash flow is a problem the players will simply have to take deferred payments.

The whole situation has inconvenienced some but KILLED others. It a small price to pay.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jun 2020, 11:23

May get some answers this week when the think tank announce how they think we should be going forward
I know some clubs will be strapped for cash but I would think you would need something like four weeks full training before any restart could take place
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Jun 2020, 11:42

Mysterio wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 10:58
tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 10:31
....the players will simply have to take deferred payments.
Whilst that is happening, who pays the players bills, mortgage, etc?

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 09 Jun 2020, 12:39

Regards playing at suitable stadia I believe number of changing rooms are taken into account to accommodate multi games on the same day and TV logistics regards players and staff While on furlough the club has had very little to pay out but have had full Sky money and indeed this year they have also had 1/11 share of Toronto’s forfeited Sky money so as a well run club the big surplus of money the club should have now should significantly cover a short fall in the remainder of the season also what would help the club if the owners cancels there interest on there inherited loan If this was done the players / staff may be more receptive to deferred wages or indeed pay cuts
COYF

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jun 2020, 13:13

Mark Gratton as set out how he sees the situation at the club for anybody who's not seen it on the cas tigers website under tiger talk news letter
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Jun 2020, 14:33

If pubs are allowed to open but only allowed to let people drink outside, we may have a significant opportunity.
Most pubs have a pretty small beer garden, so the number of people allowed will be very small (even if they only need to have 1.5m2 per person rather than the current 2m2).
However, the club has the facilities (and licences) to serve alcohol AND two very large spaces for people enjoy a drink whilst maintaining social distancing. The club could make a fortune by covering the playing pitch and training pitch and using them as a massive beer garden.
I know it’s not ideal to have people all over the main pitch, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Jun 2020, 17:24

If the club could do this then big screens could maybe be used to broadcast the games. A small charge to get in, say £5 then a few bob could be made.

Season ticket holders free entrance. Just hope the weather holds up.