Millington

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Millington

Post by CasAttack » 18 May 2020, 19:16

Been told today in League Express apparently there's an article on Millo and he's frustrated that no new deal has been signed with the club yet. Can anyone confirm this? Would be gutted if he doesn't get a new deal with us. I remember listening to his podcast with the club and he stated he doesnt have an agent and money doesn't bother him much so I would find it annoying if the club are messing him around.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Millington

Post by flood light tiger » 18 May 2020, 19:28

I can't see that the club is messing him around I think that each super league club is waiting to see what happens in the future with talks on reducing the salery cap for next year as Leeds Castleford Huddersfield and Wakefield want to reduce salery cap so clubs can service so we have to wait and see

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 18 May 2020, 19:36

Yeah i get its difficult at the moment for all clubs and i wasnt bashing the club so I hope my post doesn't come across like that. I just think Millo wouldn't command a huge wage in what would probably be his last year at the club and the fact we have got Evalds in surely means we have some money about. Im a huge Millo fan and just want him signed up.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2020, 19:54

the lad as still a couple of years in him he as been one of our best signings over recent years i do hope we keep him

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 18 May 2020, 19:54

Time to go great servant but we need better and younger now.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 May 2020, 20:10

Deserves another year for me. Maybe a year with another years option in favour of the club? Experience counts for a lot in the dressing room and on the field - I think Millo brings more than just on field performances. He’s been here that long he could qualify for a testimonial year!

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 18 May 2020, 22:11

I’ve been watching games from 2017 recently and Millington was calling attacking plays with Gale and Zac. He really did look like a half back in a prop’s body.
There aren’t many forwards like him about and, for our style of rugby, he’s been ideal.
The Only question is whether his body is still up to it.
For what it’s worth, IMO the way he started 2020 season showed that he is OK for another year or two, but only from the bench.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 May 2020, 07:54

I think it's pretty unanimous he is a great servant to the club and other than from Cas gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves.
The lad has an amazing array of skills.
Over recent years he could at times been auditioning for a Mummy Returns film, pretty sure he played through more than his fair share of injuries which is testament to his ethic.
Darryl has spoken of wanting good people at the club and the Cas Culture.
Not sure of Millos off field contributions, perhaps someone could enlighten me.
On feild his contribution is unquestionable.
He sets an example for others to follow.
He has shown this year he is still an asset and has at least one more season left in him.
I agree with the uncertainty in the future the club has to air on the side of caution but would be disappointed if he did not get an extra year.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 May 2020, 08:40

Tony Smith said last week it was a minefield trying to sign new players or deal with contract extensions or players leaving
He was playing as well as ever when season started last year he looked as tho he had had enough probs had a knock he couldn't shake off
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 May 2020, 08:51

If it was a choice of getting a new prop (Kane Evans?) at the expense of Millington and Moors wage id have to say let them go unfortunately nows not the time to be sentimental.

Id be happy to keep Millington if losing Moors wage was enough to sign who we needed, like already said Millington would probably agree to a lower wage given his age and would give 100% to justify his contract.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 May 2020, 09:48

If he was English I would say he deserves another year. However if the club can bring in another quota spot prop much younger and fitter it may be time to let him go.

If we can't then give him another year.

frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by frainthepain » 19 May 2020, 09:55

Millington has spoke out as wants to know why the club is negotiating deals with new players when it said its contract negotiations are on hold due to current crisis. Fair point I guess although I'm guessing the club are not happy with Salford for announcing the deal.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 May 2020, 10:56

frainthepain wrote: 19 May 2020, 09:55 Millington has spoke out as wants to know why the club is negotiating deals with new players when it said its contract negotiations are on hold due to current crisis. Fair point I guess although I'm guessing the club are not happy with Salford for announcing the deal.
He has a fair point if that's true
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 May 2020, 10:59

frainthepain wrote: 19 May 2020, 09:55 Millington has spoke out as wants to know why the club is negotiating deals with new players
Can you post a link to this please?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 May 2020, 11:38

He absolutely deserves at the least a 1 year deal, even just to get him his testimonial. If anyone deserves one it's absolutely Millington. He's been incredibly loyal to us, considering we were an absolute shambles when Millward signed him and was probably only meant to do a season or 2 before heading back home. To still be here nearly a decade later is unbelievable.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 May 2020, 12:40

frainthepain wrote: 19 May 2020, 09:55 Millington has spoke out as wants to know why the club is negotiating deals with new players when it said its contract negotiations are on hold due to current crisis. Fair point I guess although I'm guessing the club are not happy with Salford for announcing the deal.
Spoke out where?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2020, 13:17

jackknife wrote: 19 May 2020, 12:40
Spoke out where?

He did a pod cast for cas tv.
It’s on there.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 May 2020, 14:39

Heard him say he’s like a one year deal. Didn’t hear anything about him questioning why the club is signing new players but not retaining current ones. Must’ve missed it

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 19 May 2020, 19:16

Millo another year without a doubt. Get another prop if possible and Millo would be a great bloke to help the newbie settle in, not just on the pitch and how we play, but off the pitch. Millo has been amazing for Cas, so let Cas be amazing for Millo. 🐯 COYF 💪

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 May 2020, 11:17

Fumper27 wrote: 19 May 2020, 14:39 Heard him say he’s like a one year deal. Didn’t hear anything about him questioning why the club is signing new players but not retaining current ones. Must’ve missed it
One year deal? That for me would be the only stumbling block in that Millo may want two years and cas were only prepared to offer one.

I'd like him to stay for at least another season with an option for another after that.
Spreading the Cas gene pool