Season ticket Refund?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Season ticket Refund?

Post by Scoopage » 16 May 2020, 09:56

Sorry if this as already been touched on in another thread but just wanted to get your opinions on how you would like your season ticket Money used.having only seen around 15/20% of home games we obviously haven’t had our money’s worth(no fault of the club of course).i personally had to pay monthly as can’t afford a lump sum and would find it hard to just write off 500 plus quid(family season ticket)and then just buy another one for next season.i personally would write it off but the mrs believes we should still get something for our money.i understand everyone’s circumstances are different financially.maybe if the season continues behind closed doors and season ticket holders got to watch on sky for free this May appease some fans?whats your thoughts guys?cheers

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Season ticket Refund?

Post by gateman » 16 May 2020, 10:30

we will have see what the club comes up with, they will be hoping the game can resume but i cant see it happening this season ,

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 May 2020, 10:31

Iv got one with wife.
I’d be happy with 50% discount next season.
And maybe magic weekend ticket free.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2020, 10:36

gateman wrote: 16 May 2020, 10:30 we will have see what the club comes up with, they will be hoping the game can resume but i cant see it happening this season ,
Think it will resume behind closed doors at some point mate

Season ticket question a difficult one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Maverick1

Post by Maverick1 » 16 May 2020, 11:23

I would be prepared to write off the money I've spent on season tickets (3).
I don't live close enough to Castleford to take much advantage of the discounts that season ticket holders get but I have used my card in the club shop, for Magic tickets(!) and for a family meal in one of the restaurants.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 May 2020, 11:27

I think wherever possible we should look to allow the club to dictate this.

We’ve just signed evalds; I think that in itself is worth a season ticket. Especially when you consider 3 others on their way.

Please try to imagine life without our team. A refund or a club...
Audacter Et Sincere

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 16 May 2020, 12:06

I’m happy to write my ticket off for this season with the option of a discounted ticket for 2021.

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 16 May 2020, 13:15

Mysterio wrote: 16 May 2020, 11:27 I think wherever possible we should look to allow the club to dictate this.

We’ve just signed evalds; I think that in itself is worth a season ticket. Especially when you consider 3 others on their way.

Please try to imagine life without our team. A refund or a club...
no contest! club comes first for me

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 16 May 2020, 13:50

tigerfeat wrote: 16 May 2020, 10:36
gateman wrote: 16 May 2020, 10:30 we will have see what the club comes up with, they will be hoping the game can resume but i cant see it happening this season ,
Think it will resume behind closed doors at some point mate

Season ticket question a difficult one
The problem as I see it tigerfeat is as soon as the players officially start training the furlough payments will cease. You then have the club having to pay staff whilst generating absolutely no income from the gate. Plus there is the infection problem, I just can’t envisage how clubs are gonna get round it.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 May 2020, 14:14

Im fortunate enough to be in a financial position where a few hundred quid doesn’t matter too much so I’m happy to write mine off and not bothered about any discounts for next season. Everybody’s position is different though so it will be interesting to see how the club handles it. A lot of people can’t afford to write money off so getting a ‘one size fits all’ solution isn’t possible.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 16 May 2020, 14:16

I am a pensioner and I have a parking permit as well as my season ticket. As far as I am concerned they can keep any money from both to help in any small way.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2020, 14:45

As others have alluded to.
Peoples circumstances are different.
People buy season tickets for a variety of reasons and maybe able to write off the money.
It could be argued that you would have spent even more had the fixtures gone ahead.
My personal opinion is the club should offer a refund equivalent to the games either not played or played behind closed doors.
However once the offer has been made people have an opportunity to either receive the refund or give it as a donation to help the club.
The same applies to sponsors.
It would be wrong l believe to keep it.
Some will have foregone other things to buy their tickets also their financial situation may have changed dramatically.
The club has like many businesses taken a massive hit, however it is a business.
No easy answer but good will is a valuable commodity.
I know it doesn't pay the bills.
Stay safe everyone.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 May 2020, 15:01

casjunction wrote: 16 May 2020, 14:45 It could be argued that you would have spent even more had the fixtures gone ahead.
That’s a good point. With what I’ve saved so far in food, drink, away game tickets and travel I’ve already saved the price of the season ticket anyway - I suspect a lot of people have.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2020, 16:52

They can keep my money. Not too fussed about a refund. I'd much rather have a team to come back to, than a couple of quid in my pocket.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 May 2020, 19:34

heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2020, 16:52 They can keep my money. Not too fussed about a refund. I'd much rather have a team to come back to, than a couple of quid in my pocket.
Exactly, £50 or so in the back pocket but no CTRLFC puts it into perspective...

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 16 May 2020, 20:50

heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2020, 16:52 They can keep my money. Not too fussed about a refund. I'd much rather have a team to come back to, than a couple of quid in my pocket.
Totally agree with this,in my head the money is already spent and gone thru no fault of the club.I will consider it money well spent if the club are still fine when we can all go back and watch.everything comes at a price and having cas to support is worth it to me.in saying this I do appreciate everyone is not in the same position

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 May 2020, 21:25

Juscas wrote: 16 May 2020, 20:50
Totally agree with this,in my head the money is already spent and gone thru no fault of the club.I will consider it money well spent if the club are still fine when we can all go back and watch.everything comes at a price and having cas to support is worth it to me.in saying this I do appreciate everyone is not in the same position
well said mate as you point out people are not in the same position with things being as they are some fans have took a big financial hit and will be feeling the plnch

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 17 May 2020, 16:09

sirocco7 wrote: 16 May 2020, 12:06 I’m happy to write my ticket off for this season with the option of a discounted ticket for 2021.
That’s the way i’d go well.

But as has been said everybody will have different circumstances, ones that may have changed recently or will do shortly. There has to be flexibility in how this issue is handled. Three options for me:

1 Full refund given, less the pro-rata deduction for the home games already played.
2 Option to donate all the equivalent remaining season ticket money back to the club.
3 No repayment this year but a discount on next years ticket.

This should cover all individual needs. Most would probably love to let the club just have it but sadly it might just not be possible right now. And to not offer a refund risks alienating some people which will cost the club more not too far down the line. Give the options and let the supporters decide for themselves.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 17 May 2020, 16:48

Thanks for all your replies,don’t think there is any wrong answer tbh.i think I fall in writing the money off but some sort of discount on next season.i know that wouldn’t be ideal for cas but financially I’m not in the position to fully write off £500.sorry to anyone that disagrees.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2020, 16:53

the old saying circumstances alter cases