A Trophy before 2024

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

A Trophy before 2024

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2020, 11:55

...the feeling I get, and I’m sure plenty of others too given the rugby knowledge in our town, is that the absolute burning desire of Daryl Powell is to win a competition with Castleford before he takes the final (?) steps upwards to his pinnacle; to coach the national side.

As far as Daryl is concerned I genuinely only see the motivation to move being the England job : something he feels is in his blood.

After success with Cas and England / Great Britain, I think his personal goals have been achieved.

Only then may we see him coach a ‘big’ club, or consider the Southern Hemisphere for 3 years.

During my time supporting Castleford I have never felt like I do right now : the definite anticipation that a challenge cup or Super League Title will be ours within the next 4 years.

My reasons behind this lay squarely with Daryl. We know he has what it takes, and we also know the club are pulling out the stops to support him.

Can anyone get me a price on a trophy before 2024 please? Genuinely, I don’t know how to ask for a bet online.

Some might say 2024 is a long time away. Indeed. But, by 2024 at the latest I think we will be champions in one form or another. You heard it here first.

The nice thing is that our squad is 85% there now with Niall.

That in itself turns us into serious serious contenders now. Given we can further improve the squad with exciting new talent to replace Junior Moors, JSL and maybe Matt Cook, we look like having a very settled squad to start the 2021 season.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: A Trophy before 2024

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 May 2020, 12:01

No reason why we can’t win 2 or 3 by 2024

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 May 2020, 12:14

I'm predicting we'll win it in 2021. The format we use (ie the one-off game at the end!) always means that becoming champions can be lost on one game, but I just think we'll do it.
If we can keep that spine together for a few years, I think we'll win both the Grand Final and the Challenge Cup before 2024.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 May 2020, 15:38

We're well over due a favourable Challenge Cup draw one day, maybe this year could have been it with York in the next round (what a day out that would have been). Powell has to break that record of losing in finals at some point, surely?!

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 13 May 2020, 22:48

Yes the team is coming on nicely now. I'm alot more optimistic now since 2017 we will win something.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 14 May 2020, 11:11

I agree with all comments begining to get a tingle down my spine in anticipation of what's to come. Let's get the game on again but only when it's safe to do so of course. There's only so many times I can keep washing my supporter's shirts and scarfs before they fall to bits. Please hurry up for my sanity is at risk.lol

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 May 2020, 11:55

This is absolute TORTURE !!

Beat the Saints in the last game and the team just coming together nicely - Evalds signing now with that impetus going forward next season and here we are all sat twiddling our thumbs (or jerking ourselves off to death !!! :D :D ) and not a date in sight as to when this is going to kick off again !!

Just hope there is a safe solution on the horizon to permit a start up as it is a crying shame for the lads especially when they were just clicking into gear and looking a serious threat to all others !

I was really looking forward to the Rhinos game as they were the form team also and that would have been a belter if it was still on the go but with a break of this magnitude and fitness levels that could be "all over the place", it's going to be an unknown if the form previously showed will translate to the later game if RL does have approval for "chocks away" !!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 May 2020, 20:07

CasRus wrote: 14 May 2020, 11:55 or jerking ourselves off to death !!! :D :D ) and not a date in sight as to when this is going to kick off again !! !!
What??
Audacter Et Sincere

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 14 May 2020, 20:42

CasRus doesn't care if he does go blind [-X

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 15 May 2020, 05:38

Lol

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 May 2020, 11:03

Right. 🤮
Audacter Et Sincere

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 15 May 2020, 16:48

Mysterio wrote: 13 May 2020, 11:55 ...the feeling I get, and I’m sure plenty of others too given the rugby knowledge in our town, is that the absolute burning desire of Daryl Powell is to win a competition with Castleford before he takes the final (?) steps upwards to his pinnacle; to coach the national side.

As far as Daryl is concerned I genuinely only see the motivation to move being the England job : something he feels is in his blood.

After success with Cas and England / Great Britain, I think his personal goals have been achieved.

Only then may we see him coach a ‘big’ club, or consider the Southern Hemisphere for 3 years.

During my time supporting Castleford I have never felt like I do right now : the definite anticipation that a challenge cup or Super League Title will be ours within the next 4 years.

My reasons behind this lay squarely with Daryl. We know he has what it takes, and we also know the club are pulling out the stops to support him.

Can anyone get me a price on a trophy before 2024 please? Genuinely, I don’t know how to ask for a bet online.

Some might say 2024 is a long time away. Indeed. But, by 2024 at the latest I think we will be champions in one form or another. You heard it here first.

That in itself turns us into serious serious contenders now. Given we can further improve the squad with exciting new talent to replace Junior Moors, JSL and maybe Matt Cook, we look like having a very settled squad to start the 2021 season.
You may find someone to offer you odds on this but I doubt it at the moment, and you would have to be specific,as in would you be counting the League leaders shield as a major trophy? If it was a yes the price would obviously be shorter than if not, As a bet over three seasons with all the intendant unknowns you would certainly have to look at betting at odds on as a rough guide you'd be looking at around 4/6 that Cas would take one of those trophies over that time period. Sticking to betting ante post singles prior to each season,slightly more punter friendly
One trophy.....happy days....Two..and you're quids In...Three and we're all in dreamland.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 May 2020, 11:17

Mysterio, are you suggesting the League Leaders Shield wasn't a trophy or that we need another one?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 May 2020, 14:25

Hepworth7 wrote: 15 May 2020, 16:48
Mysterio wrote: 13 May 2020, 11:55 ...the feeling I get, and I’m sure plenty of others too given the rugby knowledge in our town, is that the absolute burning desire of Daryl Powell is to win a competition with Castleford before he takes the final (?) steps upwards to his pinnacle; to coach the national side.

You may find someone to offer you odds on this but I doubt it at the moment, and you would have to be specific,as in would you be counting the League leaders shield as a major trophy? If it was a yes the price would obviously be shorter than if not, As a bet over three seasons with all the intendant unknowns you would certainly have to look at betting at odds on as a rough guide you'd be looking at around 4/6 that Cas would take one of those trophies over that time period. Sticking to betting ante post singles prior to each season,slightly more punter friendly
One trophy.....happy days....Two..and you're quids In...Three and we're all in dreamland.
would you mind putting a bet together for me please re best options im useless.
Flat capper..you’ve got me. Git.
Audacter Et Sincere

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 20 May 2020, 16:03

Be quite happy to point you in the right direction once the markets are up and running again,bit slow at the moment as my erstwhile employer furloughed me faster than Hull got rid of Lee Radford once the rugby stopped. Clearly my couple of hundred quid a month was making a hole in their £1.9 billion turnover lol