Cas Tigers NHS tee shirt

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Cas Tigers NHS tee shirt

Post by Piquad1 » 24 Apr 2020, 16:39

Just seen it and it don't look bad. But I'm a bit confused with the sizes I need X Large but can't seem to find this measurement on the site. Ah well never mind. 8-[

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cas Tigers NHS tee shirt

Post by sparky49 » 24 Apr 2020, 18:55

Piquad1 wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 16:39 Just seen it and it don't look bad. But I'm a bit confused with the sizes I need X Large but can't seem to find this measurement on the site. Ah well never mind. 8-[
You have to put it in your basket and then choose the size from the drop down when checking out.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Apr 2020, 23:58

Gunna be honest. Gobsmacked what they are charging and only £10 going to NHS. Surely they cost next to nothing to make.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Apr 2020, 09:05

Thanks Sparky.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 25 Apr 2020, 09:15

Swagger wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 23:58 Gunna be honest. Gobsmacked what they are charging and only £10 going to NHS. Surely they cost next to nothing to make.
I was looking to get one for my daughter but there not going to be delivered while late July I think it says. That's 3 months she could have grown by then and it not fit her

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Apr 2020, 10:34

Swagger wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 23:58 Gunna be honest. Gobsmacked what they are charging and only £10 going to NHS. Surely they cost next to nothing to make.
That was the first thing I thought Swagger.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 25 Apr 2020, 12:40

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 10:34
That was the first thing I thought Swagger.
They need to try and keep money coming in somehow . Its charity and supporting the club in these difficult times . Obviously not everyone has the money but some will .
TM Out

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 25 Apr 2020, 13:59

Can't believe some people. People ask how can they help the club through this difficult time, then find an excuse to moan when the club is doing something positive and raising funds for both the NHS and themselves

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 25 Apr 2020, 17:56

Just pointing out I think it’s expensive. Not moaning that the club are trying different ways to raise money at all.

Take it you have bought one already then?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Apr 2020, 18:09

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 17:56 Just pointing out I think it’s expensive. Not moaning that the club are trying different ways to raise money at all.

I’ll also add - I think it looks naff.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 25 Apr 2020, 19:07

nottinghamtiger wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 18:09
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 17:56 Just pointing out I think it’s expensive. Not moaning that the club are trying different ways to raise money at all.

I’ll also add - I think it looks naff.
Regardless, every penny helps everybody, let's hope we still have a club at the end of this challenging time for all.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Apr 2020, 08:34

A shirt is a shirt get one if you want or don't it's entirely up to you. The club is doing it's best and good luck to them. At the end of the day it's our club and every little helps. So I will be getting one whether you think it's bad or not. So there u go Piquad out.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Apr 2020, 09:43

Piquad1 wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 08:34 The club is doing it's best
I disagree. As above, having masses of merchandise locked away in closed shops and not making it available online is apathetic.
On the T-shirt, how come delivery is in mid-July (at best)? Every other sports club had these available immediately (even Wakefield) - why does it take us three months to manufacture a basic t-shirt when everyone else can get them made and available in a week? Again, this isn’t a case of the club doing its best. It’s the same when we get to a major final - we don’t make the effort to produce the merchandise that other clubs do to take financial advantage.
The club is doing what the club usually does - hoping for the best rather than taking action to achieve the best outcome.

Edit - just for balance, I think Club 1926 is a great idea. Immediate access to Tigers TV etc, and it’s completely understandable that the shirt is pre-order because it will have names sublimated into the design.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Apr 2020, 10:32

This is the difference between people with reasonable discussion against blind faith. Asking realistic questions about an idea is common sense, just throwing money at things to resolve it isn’t.

You only need to know which method JF used to resolve your ashes to see eventually it will catch up with you and you end up in a worse situation than ever.

Unfortunately a few t shirts may raise a few bob but won’t resolve the issues. Let’s see how many people buy one and then ask people why they didn’t buy one and see what the reasons are. I would go with what Notts has said.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Apr 2020, 10:32

This is the difference between people with reasonable discussion against blind faith. Asking realistic questions about an idea is common sense, just throwing money at things to resolve it isn’t.

You only need to know which method JF used to resolve your ashes to see eventually it will catch up with you and you end up in a worse situation than ever.

Unfortunately a few t shirts may raise a few bob but won’t resolve the issues. Let’s see how many people buy one and then ask people why they didn’t buy one and see what the reasons are. I would go with what Notts has said.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 27 Apr 2020, 01:34

nottinghamtiger wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 09:43
I disagree. As above, having masses of merchandise locked away in closed shops and not making it available online is apathetic.
On the T-shirt, how come delivery is in mid-July (at best)? Every other sports club had these available immediately (even Wakefield) - why does it take us three months to manufacture a basic t-shirt when everyone else can get them made and available in a week? Again, this isn’t a case of the club doing its best. It’s the same when we get to a major final - we don’t make the effort to produce the merchandise that other clubs do to take financial advantage.
The club is doing what the club usually does - hoping for the best rather than taking action to achieve the best outcome.

Edit - just for balance, I think Club 1926 is a great idea. Immediate access to Tigers TV etc, and it’s completely understandable that the shirt is pre-order because it will have names sublimated into the design.
The stocks available online https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/c ... ord-tigers
TM Out

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2020, 10:47

scottiger wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 01:34
nottinghamtiger wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 09:43

The stocks available online https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/c ... ord-tigers
My point is that the closed shops are full of stock in every size. The stock online is very limited in terms of the products available (eg no heritage shirts) and the sizes that are available (you can't get the most common sizes in most products).
I smiled at the 3 for 2 offer on training wear - there aren't even three items the same size available, unless you are XS or XXXL. I'd happily buy a heritage shirt for £35 and three polos for £33, but the ones my size are all locked away in closed shops and not available online.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Apr 2020, 12:12

Perhaps you should just buy any shirt you can Notts to prove to everyone "How much you love the club." That seems to be the way some people work and want others to work.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 27 Apr 2020, 12:51

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 12:12 Perhaps you should just buy any shirt you can Notts to prove to everyone "How much you love the club." That seems to be the way some people work and want others to work.

I personally think we need to be realistic . Online and shops are run completely separately. Would it be worth staffing the shops to sort online orders out . I don't think it would.
TM Out

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2020, 12:57

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 12:12 Perhaps you should just buy any shirt you can Notts to prove to everyone "How much you love the club." That seems to be the way some people work and want others to work.

Or perhaps a virtual brick....
I would actually just donate to the club if it was possible.
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 27 Apr 2020, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.