I can only see the season void

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
Michael Eagar

I can only see the season void

Post by Mysterio » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm

...and not ‘counting’

This is quite clearly a long haul. I can’t see social distancing being cleared by the end of this year in my opinion, and If so, at least October.

It’s times like this I wish someone had produced a RL simulation management game that matched the integrity of footbAll manager. Right now it would be sold out world wide.

Apart From alternative software, who I don’t think have the tAlent or skill to pull off such an impressive feat matching the QA of FM, who else could.

I suggest a petition raised for miles Jacobson’s team to amens their match engine even if using random plYsr names,

* I’m aware of RLTM in 2018 but it gets nowhere near the QA of FM.
Audacter Et Sincere

Swagger
Junior Moors

Re: I can only see the season void

Post by Swagger » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm

If we get rid of the loop fixtures and magic that's 7 weeks.... Bring the season to 22 games. If we get started in June there's still a chance we can complete it. Any later than June then yes it will probably be cancelled.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 pm

Swagger wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm
If we get rid of the loop fixtures and magic that's 7 weeks.... Bring the season to 22 games. If we get started in June there's still a chance we can complete it. Any later than June then yes it will probably be cancelled.
Challenge Cup can always go too. Not ideal, but no club depends on that competition for financial security.

derbystiger
Danny Orr

Post by derbystiger » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 pm
Swagger wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm
Challenge Cup can always go too. Not ideal, but no club depends on that competition for financial security.
Agreed. 22 games, no magic, no challenge cup and we could still have a fairly meaningful season. I’m not holding out much hope though.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 pm

Cancel magic weekend, lose the loop fixtures and scrap the Challenge cup and we are left with a 22 game season.
The first job would be to get the teams level on games played. That will take 2 weeks, but Catalans will have to back up and play a mid-week game.
Once all teams are on 7 games, that’s 15 games left to play. We’d then need two weeks for a shortened play-off series (two semi-finals then a grand final).
So we need 19 weeks to compete this season if each team is to play each other twice. If we start In June/July it is possible, especially if we cancel the Ashes series and use one of those venues for the Grand Final if Old Trafford isn’t available.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:46 am

When -if things get back to some kind of normality there will be wall to wall sport for at least a year rugby league may have to have to fight hard to hold its ground
Id agree loose magic weekend but try and keep as many games as possible extend the season if clubs know there going to have a certain number of games to make money most may survive
If you have to abandon the season and we may have no option if things don't get better not many super league clubs would be left come next March
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Alan Hardisty

Post by Flat Capper » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:40 am

There is also a question about the autumn tests.

As I see it, we could start as late as August and go on into winter to complete a 22 game season. Then maybe start next season a month later.

I certainly wouldn't rule out this seaosn for another couple of months at least.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

duke street 10
Danny Orr

Post by duke street 10 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:06 pm

I see the Toronto chairmen thinks the season should be made null & void, he would say that wouldn't he!

If in the worst case scenario this happens i think points won in the 2020 season should be carried over to next season.

Gomersal Tiger
Sean Rudder

Post by Gomersal Tiger » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm

Just supposing that the season does get going again, say beginning of May (hopeful I know), would we be in a position of having a fully fit squad, and if not, who would not be fit and how long before they are ready. (Assuming of course no-one gets injured whilst doing self isolation training!)

derbystiger
Danny Orr

Post by derbystiger » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Gomersal Tiger wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
(Assuming of course no-one gets injured whilst doing self isolation training!)
Let’s just hope none of them have had prams pushed across their lawns :dance:

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:04 pm

just because restrictions are lifted over here doesn't mean canada and france will do the same. catalan are saying they will need to play all their remaining home games to survive financially.
don't know if it makes any difference but its toronto's loop fixtures that they are playing now
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm

lurcher wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:04 pm
don't know if it makes any difference but its toronto's loop fixtures that they are playing now
I've seen this a few times and I really don't understand how they can be playing 'loop fixtures'.
Surely, a fixture can only be a 'loop' fixture if the two teams have already played each other twice? Surely they have just played 'regular' fixtures?
So far, they have played 'away' games against Salford, Wigan, Warrington, Leeds and Huddersfield. They are schedueled to play all these teams in Canada later in the year, so what's the problem with this?
They have also played 'home' games at neutral venues in the UK, as they were always going to do, against us and St Helens. As far as I can see, the only two problems are the future games against us and St Helens in terms of where these should be played. Either they are played in Canada (so us and Saints miss the home game against Toronto, having already played them in the UK, but not at home) or in the UK (so Toronto would lose two home games). It's not a massive issue and I'm sure the three clubs could sort it out, even if it meant splitting gate receipts.
However, what Toronto haven't done is played any 'loop' fixtures. In reality, what they have done is played two regular season games at a neutral venue, so the issues is where the remaining two fixtures take place, not that they have played 'loop' fixtures already.

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm
lurcher wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:04 pm
I've seen this a few times and I really don't understand how they can be playing 'loop fixtures'.
Surely, a fixture can only be a 'loop' fixture if the two teams have already played each other twice? Surely they have just played 'regular' fixtures?
So far, they have played 'away' games against Salford, Wigan, Warrington, Leeds and Huddersfield. They are schedueled to play all these teams in Canada later in the year, so what's the problem with this?
They have also played 'home' games at neutral venues in the UK, as they were always going to do, against us and St Helens. As far as I can see, the only two problems are the future games against us and St Helens in terms of where these should be played. Either they are played in Canada (so us and Saints miss the home game against Toronto, having already played them in the UK, but not at home) or in the UK (so Toronto would lose two home games). It's not a massive issue and I'm sure the three clubs could sort it out, even if it meant splitting gate receipts.
However, what Toronto haven't done is played any 'loop' fixtures. In reality, what they have done is played two regular season games at a neutral venue, so the issues is where the remaining two fixtures take place, not that they have played 'loop' fixtures already.
Makes sense to me

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm

jon wells interview in pont and cas saying he thinks we'll be back playing in july.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly

Post by old cas lass » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 pm

lurcher wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm
jon wells interview in pont and cas saying he thinks we'll be back playing in july.

Not sure why he’s said that, no one knows when we’ll be back or safe to do so.
Hope he’s right though, but can’t see it.