How are we going to help the club survive?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: How are we going to help the club survive?

Post by Scoopage » 17 Mar 2020, 12:54

It will be difficult to raise funds from fans if they can’t go to work.(myself included)people will be using any money they have to protect themselves and there families through this difficult time

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 17 Mar 2020, 13:27

I thought about a go fund page might be an idea. I know times are hard and are going to be even harder for people but a quid or 2 one off donation by alot of fans may just help the club short term.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Mar 2020, 07:31

Just to show how tough it’s going to be in order to keep its playing staff Barnet fc have released All non playing staff including their coach.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Mar 2020, 10:13

Cas need to act quick in my opinion. Minimum response should be:

Go fund me page
Maybe owners could offer to add 25-50% to amount raised as an incentive.
Some of the players and staff may be assisting in the community- if so publicise this in line with the go fund me page to prompt donations.

Push lottery, merchandise and tigers TV

Tigers tv, additional material. Classic games maybe with a former player or two discussing the game/co-commentating. Recent ganes with analysis from the coaching staff. In depth features on players, etc!

Unique item raffles/auction (signed gear, events with players, etc! Things that cost the club little but others would pay for).

Wage deferment
Negotiate with players and coaches to defer a portion of their wages until we start playing again.

Local authority
Request rates reduction

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 18 Mar 2020, 11:09

Will the club benefit from the package of financial assistance announced by the Government yesterday?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2020, 11:15

KB80 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 10:13 Cas need to act quick in my opinion. Minimum response should be:

Go fund me page
Some of the players and staff may be assisting in the community- if so publicise this in line with the go fund me page to prompt donations.

Tigers tv, additional material. Classic games maybe with a former player or two discussing the game/co-commentating. Recent ganes with analysis from the coaching staff. In depth features on players, etc!

Unique item raffles/auction (signed gear, events with players, etc! Things that cost the club little but others would pay for).

Wage deferment
Negotiate with players and coaches to defer a portion of their wages until we start playing again.

Local authority
Request rates reduction
I doubt the players and staff are assisting in the community, and nor should they be. We're in a period of avoiding contact with others!
Some good thought here, though I don't think it's fair to ask payers to defer wages - they have a family and mortgage/rent to pay too.
Revenue from selling unique items could be a good one. Signed shirts, match-worn shirts etc always seem to be popular (though there is a danger of 'overkill' if they do it too much).
We need to think about what can be done online too. I think people would pay a good amount for a 'Skype Meeting' with their favourite player - it could be sold as a 30 minute 'experience' and a signed shirt could be included etc. It would really appeal to kids - a chance to meet a player of their choice (okay it's online, but isn't most things kids do these days?). The club could provide players with a set of questions - or ask the buyer to send them in advance etc - so that it's not just 30 minutes of silence! And it would keep the players busy!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Mar 2020, 11:46

nottinghamtiger wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 11:15
KB80 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 10:13 Cas need to act quick in my opinion. Minimum response should be:

Go fund me page

Wage deferment

Local authority
Request rates reduction
I doubt the players and staff are assisting in the community, and nor should they be. We're in a period of avoiding contact with others!
Some good thought here, though I don't think it's fair to ask payers to defer wages - they have a family and mortgage/rent to pay too.
Revenue from selling unique items could be a good one. Signed shirts, match-worn shirts etc always seem to be popular (though there is a danger of 'overkill' if they do it too much).
We need to think about what can be done online too. I think people would pay a good amount for a 'Skype Meeting' with their favourite player - it could be sold as a 30 minute 'experience' and a signed shirt could be included etc. It would really appeal to kids - a chance to meet a player of their choice (okay it's online, but isn't most things kids do these days?). The club could provide players with a set of questions - or ask the buyer to send them in advance etc - so that it's not just 30 minutes of silence! And it would keep the players busy!
Wasnt suggesting the players put themselves at risk but assisting in the community doesn't always involve risk. Foodbanks supplies, delivering items phone conversations with those self isolating. Etc!

Alot of employees will be asked to defer wages in the coming months. As long as its agreed and delivered in a way that doesn't cause financial hardship and a form of guarantee can be made for later payment. Ie those on 30k or less full pay, 40k or less 15% deferred, 50k or less 20% deferred, 60k or less 25%, 70k or less 25%, so on, maximum 40%. Then it might be something that needs to be looked at, better to do it early in a managed way than later in a panic as finances crash.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2020, 12:17

Hopefully anyone getting large loan interest payments for example would see the sense in deferring those both to aid cash flow to pay wages and get added security for the club surviving and enabling those interest payments to continue in the future

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2020, 13:02

Another idea would be to sell a limited number of ‘open’ tickets for each home game missed.
Making 500 open tickets available between now and the next scheduled home game (26th March), costing £20 each, would raise £10,000.
If need be, we would do the same in the week prior to the Huddersfield game on 12th April.
The open tickets can then be used at any home game when the season re-starts. In this way we spread our revenue a bit to help towards the short-term issue of not having a home game. We don’t actually lose money, we just bring it in sooner.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Mar 2020, 13:04

Get EVERYONE signed up to tigers lottery,
And I mean EVERYONE.

make it EASY.
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Mar 2020, 13:36

It is estimated most RL clubs will lose around a million pound if this goes on any length of time and for clubs like Cas the only way forward is to defer part of the players wages and trim staff where possible.
Thousands are going to be put out of work so asking the players to maybe take a drop of around 50% with the rest deferred will see them through this period and protect their jobs for the future.
Making a few bob on this and that isn't going to cut it.

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 18 Mar 2020, 16:35

KB80 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 11:46

Go fund me page

Wage deferment

Local authority
Request rates reduction
Wasnt suggesting the players put themselves at risk but assisting in the community doesn't always involve risk. Foodbanks supplies, delivering items phone conversations with those self isolating. Etc!

Alot of employees will be asked to defer wages in the coming months. As long as its agreed and delivered in a way that doesn't cause financial hardship and a form of guarantee can be made for later payment. Ie those on 30k or less full pay, 40k or less 15% deferred, 50k or less 20% deferred, 60k or less 25%, 70k or less 25%, so on, maximum 40%. Then it might be something that needs to be looked at, better to do it early in a managed way than later in a panic as finances crash.
You might say that you doubt players assisting in the community Notts,,,, but my wife helps out in the homeless kitchen at Pontefract on thursday nights, a couple of weeks ago who should show up, but "Peanut", he wasn't asked to come he just showed up, and helped out with the homeless, When my wife told me this, I thought it was brilliant, and that says a lot about the man, so obviously they maybe be prepared to help
Last edited by hazzy on 18 Mar 2020, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2020, 16:54

a lot of you will have bought bricks for our new stadium i bought two but i would be quite willing to donate the money from these to a fighting fund in the clubs hour of need, i have given up hope of ever seeing them in a wall

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 18 Mar 2020, 17:14

gateman wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 16:54 a lot of you will have bought bricks for our new stadium i bought two but i would be quite willing to donate the money from these to a fighting fund in the clubs hour of need, i have given up hope of ever seeing them in a wall
The money for the bricks was placed in an Escrow account which means those funds can only be used for its original purpose ie to purchase a brick to be included in the new stadium.

However, you could obtain a refund then donate that.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2020, 17:20

Someone told me Carter at Wakefield as announced something to save his club not seen what it is yet
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2020, 17:46

hazzy wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 16:35
KB80 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 11:46

Go fund me page

Wage deferment

Local authority
Request rates reduction

You might say that you doubt players assisting in the community Notts,,,, but my wife helps out in the homeless kitchen at Pontefract on thursday nights, a couple of weeks ago who should show up, but "Peanut", he wasn't asked to come he just showed up, and helped out with the homeless, When my wife told me this, I thought it was brilliant, and that says a lot about the man, so obviously they maybe be prepared to help
Yes, I wasn’t suggesting that the players didn’t contribute to the community. My point was that at the moment, they have probably been told not to. My understanding is that the RFL have provided guidance to clubs that advises them to stop players interacting with the community.
I know many if the players give their time freely to community projects, junior rugby, hospitals, hospices and schools.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Mar 2020, 20:09

tigerfeat wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 17:20 Someone told me Carter at Wakefield as announced something to save his club not seen what it is yet
Will he be selling the ground to the council?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Mar 2020, 10:13

Some fantastic and positive suggestions on here from many fans, fantastic to see.

My question would be on the a k of these suggestions who is going to co-ordinate all these suggestion and who will then run the operation? We are looking at people being laid off, the club would be the same as any other business, so who would be available to do all this work?

Another point is if we had some of this in place already then it may be easier to implement. As we know we don’t have a big workforce or too much in the way of dynamic people with ideas and solutions so it is all good and well putting ideas forward but spare a minute of who and how this can be done.

Also remember, as has been said already, fans will be feeling the pinch at a time like this and unfortunately priority will not be Cas or any other sporting clubs as family and keeping things going will be.

Just be careful with your expecitations at a time like this.l and let’s hope as fans and as a club and e are all ok and we see the other side of things and get back to some normality sooner rather than later.

Stay safe people.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Mar 2020, 10:27

tigerfeat wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 17:20 Someone told me Carter at Wakefield as announced something to save his club not seen what it is yet
If it’s what I think you’re referring to I think it’s that you can buy squadbuilder and club 1873 membership online rather than going into the club shop.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Mar 2020, 10:42

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 10:13 Some fantastic and positive suggestions on here from many fans, fantastic to see.

My question would be on the a k of these suggestions who is going to co-ordinate all these suggestion and who will then run the operation? We are looking at people being laid off, the club would be the same as any other business, so who would be available to do all this work?

Another point is if we had some of this in place already then it may be easier to implement. As we know we don’t have a big workforce or too much in the way of dynamic people with ideas and solutions so it is all good and well putting ideas forward but spare a minute of who and how this can be done.

Also remember, as has been said already, fans will be feeling the pinch at a time like this and unfortunately priority will not be Cas or any other sporting clubs as family and keeping things going will be.

Just be careful with your expecitations at a time like this.l and let’s hope as fans and as a club and e are all ok and we see the other side of things and get back to some normality sooner rather than later.

Stay safe people.
I think this is the biggest issue. The salary the club offers to employees is never going to attract creative and innovative individuals. And that is what is needed at this time, more than ever before.