How are we going to help the club survive?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: How are we going to help the club survive?

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 Mar 2020, 18:01

Won’t ask for my season ticket money back but won’t be spending anything else on things like tigers TV or new shirts etc.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Mar 2020, 19:32

I'll go with not wanting any recompense as a season ticket holder and hope other measures can help too. After all we are #ONECLUB🐯 COYF 💪

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 16 Mar 2020, 20:57

For my part I'll happily put away what I would have spent on tickets during this suspension and give it to the club, to lose a club that's been a big part of my families life for generations would be heartbreaking,every little helps. #COYF

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Mar 2020, 21:24

What about we ask Fulton to stop taking money out of the club whilst all this is going on? His dad never took anything in interest?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2020, 21:34

Oldcasman wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 17:40 Seems to be quite a few putting the onus on the
fans to spend money on the club,what’s up with the multi millionaire owner spending to keep the club afloat at the end of day he owns the club not the fans
He may be the majority shareholder but the club belongs to everyone who is a fan. Without fans there is no CTRLFC. Remember IF inherited the club from his Dad with huge loans attached to it. It will outlast him if we want it to.

At times like this we all need to do our part and rally together. £1 or £100, wherever we can keep the club solvent for future generations to enjoy too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Mar 2020, 21:38

Use the brick money? Not massive amounts but must help?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2020, 21:43

I think the onus is on the club to come out and tell us what they need with a detailed and honest appraisal of our situation along with details of how they are going to adjust the operations.

Following the announcement today it looks like this is going to be a 12-16 week slog into the summer months.

For me, the club has to close retail outlets and put every item of stock online that they can and sell only via phone or digitally. This will mean they can manage staff resource better. Without having the risk of catching/giving the illness to customers.

I'd carry on producing Roar, perhaps getting involved past players, historians, current players, fans - literally anyone with a connection to do interviews etc to create digitally and to send out via post. I know this was monthly anyway but we could potentially up the editions.

Whatever way we can monetise something and do it digitally/phone/by post we should.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Mar 2020, 22:01

TT Tiger wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:38 Use the brick money? Not massive amounts but must help?
Not allowed to touch it unless it’s for the reason the money was collected

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Mar 2020, 22:06

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:43 I think the onus is on the club to come out and tell us what they need with a detailed and honest appraisal of our situation along with details of how they are going to adjust the operations.

Following the announcement today it looks like this is going to be a 12-16 week slog into the summer months.

For me, the club has to close retail outlets and put every item of stock online that they can and sell only via phone or digitally. This will mean they can manage staff resource better. Without having the risk of catching/giving the illness to customers.

I'd carry on producing Roar, perhaps getting involved past players, historians, current players, fans - literally anyone with a connection to do interviews etc to create digitally and to send out via post. I know this was monthly anyway but we could potentially up the editions.

Whatever way we can monetise something and do it digitally/phone/by post we should.
I think the onus is on all of us, the whole community and even other clubs to generate ideas and assist wherever we all can.
Tiger Tv has a huge role to play for me; I’d be making sure we have the bandwidth and library available right now; it’s quite aan easy way to bring some monies in.
Classic games every Sunday, with Skype broadcasts of players who took part in the game, all kinds of things, text chat section for all people watching the game etc. £5 this weekend to watch the 94 regal trophy final and build up rounds highlights. Heavily advertised on the website.

Meeting organised and all clubs attended, chaired by Eamonn McManus with the chief subject being how to financially stabilise clubs during this period. Vital.

This might kill the bloody game. It makes me angry because all we need to do is ask over 60’s to self isolate should rhey wish, alongside folks with issues already. Everyone else can and will take the hit.

It’s like bloody war of the worlds.

I’d be tempted to actually GIVE people the illness, town by town...
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2020, 22:10

It's a huge risk and those with kids and younger people still have to go and work in the NHS, wider health and social care, emergency services, retail, manufacturing etc, all that can spread to those demographics you mention, even self isolated.

You are right regarding TIGERSTV. It has to be the centre of our operations too. I'd be working with sponsors to get promotional clips for them ahead of videos like we already do for a couple.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Mar 2020, 22:35

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:34
Oldcasman wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 17:40 Seems to be quite a few putting the onus on the
fans to spend money on the club,what’s up with the multi millionaire owner spending to keep the club afloat at the end of day he owns the club not the fans
He may be the majority shareholder but the club belongs to everyone who is a fan. Without fans there is no CTRLFC. Remember IF inherited the club from his Dad with huge loans attached to it. It will outlast him if we want it to.

At times like this we all need to do our part and rally together. £1 or £100, wherever we can keep the club solvent for future generations to enjoy too.
Legally the club is nearly completely owned by Ian and Janet Fulton.
They have increased their share holdings dramatically.
Jack's loan agreement accrued interest at 2.5‰
above the base interest rate. This is now being paid.
The loan is a huge millstone around the clubs neck and is payable should anything unfortunate happens to Ian or Janet

MY CLUB. MY CAS

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 16 Mar 2020, 23:54

Having just watched the bbc news I will be amazed if we see any rugby this side of June. If that is the case, we may have no game to come back to at all. Every single rugby league club is in jeopardy and I can’t unfortunately see any light at the end of the tunnel. What an utterly depressing time we are living in. This situation is going to need all rugby league communities coming together for the good of the wider game. How we can do this? I have absolutely no idea.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 17 Mar 2020, 09:55

It’s hard to come together when we have to stay apart

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 17 Mar 2020, 10:04

The only way forward as I see it is to scrap the loop fixtures and the Magic Weekend, treat the present situation as an off-season and resume fixtures after some rescheduling in early August hopefully with League matches finishing in December. The Challenge Cup might need to be scrapped for this season or played in successive weeks as a precursor to the 2021 season which might have to start as late as April with a similar reduced fixture list of 22 fixtures. It’s not ideal, especially for Championship and League One clubs, but we got through the Second World War with Emergency Leagues. In the meantime we need the help of Sky Sports as other sports are affected and only Premier League clubs would be unaffected as much by the loss of income. Sky Sports would also be in trouble without matches to televise, so it would need to telelevise previous matches to survive, so perhaps in the case of Rugby League they could create a pool of finance to be distributed amongst ALL Rugby League clubs to help the sport survive. There would still however be the problem of players’ contracts to sort out. But for all sport this is an unprecedented situation in peacetime.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Mar 2020, 10:15

daytona wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 23:54 Having just watched the bbc news I will be amazed if we see any rugby this side of June. If that is the case, we may have no game to come back to at all. Every single rugby league club is in jeopardy and I can’t unfortunately see any light at the end of the tunnel. What an utterly depressing time we are living in. This situation is going to need all rugby league communities coming together for the good of the wider game. How we can do this? I have absolutely no idea.
Starting in June gives us time to play a shortened season where teams play each other twice.
No loop fixtures. No Challenge Cup.
Each team loses three home games. ALL gate receipts from the remaining games should be split equally between the 12 teams. This should include any play-off ticket sales and the Grand Final. In this way, no clubs should be disproportionately affected.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 Mar 2020, 10:30

Mysterio wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 12:15 Yes. Survive.

The ramifications of the suspension of the season will push lots of clubs including ours to the very edge of administration if you ask me!

Clubs like Salford, Hull KR, us, we’re going to have to think of things FAST.

TIGERS TV CLASSIC GAMES EVERY SUNDAY £5 each is my shout. For now.
Subscribe to Tiger TV, it's about £50 for the year, if the majority of households ( Cas fans ). subscribe, it would be a welcome income,.

You get all the gamed from 2017 onwards, the academy games and the womans games, plus interviews, You can cancel it at anytime and get a massive fix of RL .

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 Mar 2020, 10:41

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:34

Without the Fultons we wouldn't have a club, we would have folded years ago, we couldn't just slip into admin like the Bulls and Waky, because we have an asset what would cover the debt, that would be sold to pay the creditors, and the death nail for the Tigers

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2020, 10:56

We should be rallying round next few months rarther than having another pop at people I agree with the people that say Tigers Tv should play a crucial role in the shutdown which I see lasting for months
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Mar 2020, 12:14

And I think we should all stop thinking about how to complete the season.

Right now, our one and only concern is how to keep ALL clubs afloat.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Mar 2020, 12:26

and I think we should be readying go fund me pages or similar, and offering lifetime subscriptions for TTV. Can someone confirm to me we have the capacity and bandwidth or are on with it...
Audacter Et Sincere