Rugby league to suspend season.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
frainthepain
Sean Rudder

Rugby league to suspend season.

Post by frainthepain » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

Know somebody who works for RFL in marketing capacity and media and the memo is all games to be suspended from next week and RFL staff not to travel to Manchester at HQ. Please don't buy tickets for Salford :(

classycas57
Dean Widders

Re: Rugby league to suspend season.

Post by classycas57 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Probably right. The world is in a mess

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:42 pm

I can see our match against sts getting cancelled or at very least played in an empty stadium.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm

Big panic about nothing,
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
Danny Orr

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am

Mysterio wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm
Big panic about nothing,
:shock:

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:34 am

Mysterio wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm
Big panic about nothing,
Not sure I agree with you on this one. What’s happened in other countries suggests this has the potential to be pretty serious.
However, I’m not sure how much it can spread at places like sports stadiums. Thinking about the game yesterday, there aren’t actually many “common touch” points for the virus to spread (eg doors, handrails etc). There’s much more of a risk at work, especially for those who work indoors, and we aren’t closing down offices and schools etc.
I think we’ll go ahead unless players are affected, or the government ban gatherings over a certain number.

Fumper27
Brad Davis

Post by Fumper27 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 am

frainthepain wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am
Know somebody who works for RFL in marketing capacity and media and the memo is all games to be suspended from next week and RFL staff not to travel to Manchester at HQ. Please don't buy tickets for Salford :(
You didn’t have to know anyone in the RFL to see that this was going to happen.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:06 am

It actually was a plus for rugby league what happened yesterday afternoon not sure they will be able to do the same again this week but if they were able to get some games on behind close doors shown on sky that would help the spirit
No doubt there are uncertain times ahead but some of the scaremongering as been disgraceful
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Junior Moors

Post by Swagger » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:32 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:06 am
It actually was a plus for rugby league what happened yesterday afternoon not sure they will be able to do the same again this week but if they were able to get some games on behind close doors shown on sky that would help the spirit
No doubt there are uncertain times ahead but some of the scaremongering as been disgraceful
Playing behind closed doors just isn't an option for clubs like us. They would have to come to some sport of financial agreement on season Ticket holders as well as losing out on all game day money. Clubs would go bust in our sport.

If they do go behind closed doors I sure hope games are on sky so we at least get extra cash.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:39 am

Yes I agree I said the same last week but if we can come to some agreement with sky where they show some games for as long as possible and come out with plans to extend the season it would show were not going to cave in

You keep people's spirit up at times like these it's worth a lot I think
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:17 am

Thank goodness people like ones at the BBC or in a lot of the press or making comment online weren't around during 1939 -1945 as well
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Junior Moors

Post by CasRus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:58 am

Guys,

There's not a lot of people on here not clearly thinking this through and not considering Player Welfare and the absolute need to shut down completely rather than have the players exposed themselves in continuation of games in this "up front and personal" contact sport.

These players have families and elderly parents, so to think that, we as fans in our selfish entertainment attitudes and for our craving for RL entertainment, can have the luxury of the season continuing be it behind closed doors for example is an absolute nonsense and I for one consider this to be a shameful and selfish consideration when lives are at risk.

Yes it is a crying shame that the season with our lads hitting new heights cannot and should not continue and is a total sickener for all Cas fans when the team is going so well, however life of loved ones is paramount over sport entertainment don't you think ?

Get ready for a boring number of weeks without sport and instead of twiddling your thumbs, keep busy, get in the garden and maybe help your local community with clean ups etc as you will at least get some satisfaction from yourselves rather than sat there mourning and crying your eyes out on the temporary loss of our great sport !

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:08 pm

CasRus wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:58 am
Guys,

There's not a lot of people on here not clearly thinking this through and not considering Player Welfare and the absolute need to shut down completely rather than have the players exposed themselves in continuation of games in this "up front and personal" contact sport.

These players have families and elderly parents, so to think that, we as fans in our selfish entertainment attitudes and for our craving for RL entertainment, can have the luxury of the season continuing be it behind closed doors for example is an absolute nonsense and I for one consider this to be a shameful and selfish consideration when lives are at risk.

Yes it is a crying shame that the season with our lads hitting new heights cannot and should not continue and is a total sickener for all Cas fans when the team is going so well, however life of loved ones is paramount over sport entertainment don't you think ?

Get ready for a boring number of weeks without sport and instead of twiddling your thumbs, keep busy, get in the garden and maybe help your local community with clean ups etc as you will at least get some satisfaction from yourselves rather than sat there mourning and crying your eyes out on the temporary loss of our great sport !
As I said before it’s a big panic about relatively nothing. Compare it to other illnesses and death ratios and you’ll soon realise.
I bet it only takes 3 weeks to make a vaccine or booster at least anyway.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:08 pm
CasRus wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:58 am
Guys,

As I said before it’s a big panic about relatively nothing. Compare it to other illnesses and death ratios and you’ll soon realise.
I bet it only takes 3 weeks to make a vaccine or booster at least anyway.
Are you Donald Trump?

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:17 pm

How did you know I followed the Tigers? Have you tracked my IP? 🧐😳
Audacter Et Sincere