What to do when games go behind closed doors?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: What to do when games go behind closed doors?

Post by Scoopage » 13 Mar 2020, 12:53

Nobody wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:49
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:00
Swagger wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 09:33 Like someone else said. Would be a great idea if we can get them on Cas tigers TV and charge for it. Season ticket holders should get it for free but charge everyone else £5 for the game or something.

Need to keep the money coming in somehow. Clubs like us won't last without the game day money coming in.
Why should season ticket holders get Cas TV for free yet others, of which there are more, have to pay? People paying at the gate pay more than a season ticket person so why the difference?

If it’s doable then everyone pays the same. As you say the club need to keep the money coming in.

People that have season tickets have paid in advance to enter the home games, I thought the difference was pretty obvious. Why should they pay again to watch the games?
Yep stupid thing to say lofthouse :-&

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Mar 2020, 14:04

Swagger wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 09:33 Like someone else said. Would be a great idea if we can get them on Cas tigers TV and charge for it. Season ticket holders should get it for free but charge everyone else £5 for the game or something.

Need to keep the money coming in somehow. Clubs like us won't last without the game day money coming in.
Why should season ticket holders get Cas TV for free yet others, of which there are more, have to pay? People paying at the gate pay more than a season ticket person so why the difference?

If it’s doable then everyone pays the same. As you say the club need to keep the money coming in.

People that have season tickets have paid in advance to enter the home games, I thought the difference was pretty obvious. Why should they pay again to watch the games?
And it is for this reason that tigerstv or any other monetised streaming idea will not work; out of the thousands of season ticket holders we have at least a hundred will stream it live on the internet etc meaning nobody will need or want to pay the fee.

Human nature sadly.

Unless Sky come up with an idea. They’ll most certainly have business continuity protocols and may well right now use RL as a great way to fill the gaps.

Could give our sport a bit more prime time exposure 😃

£10 a game whatever your club, if possible. Just depends on the QoS it can offer. Me, I’d be happy with no commentary and just 3 cameras.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2020, 14:17

Mysterio wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:30 But then again....players’ wages cannot be suspended...can they?

Isn’t this where insurance DEFINITELY comes in...
isn't the issue that the insurance for EFL football clubs and rugby league clubs doesn't cover Coronavirus?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 13 Mar 2020, 14:52

HuddsTigers wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 14:17
Mysterio wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:30 But then again....players’ wages cannot be suspended...can they?

isn't the issue that the insurance for EFL football clubs and rugby league clubs doesn't cover Coronavirus?
It depends on the level of insurance cover.
The Scottish Premier league have informed cubs there will be no pay out due to cancellations and to contact their insurers.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Mar 2020, 14:56

It would be ‘force majeure’ (previously act of god)I would have thought so depended on if it’s in insurance or not.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 13 Mar 2020, 15:00

TT Tiger wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 14:56

It would be ‘force majeure’ (previously act of god)I would have thought so depended on if it’s in insurance or not.
This ^^^

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Mar 2020, 20:09

Exactly this. I would be miffed if I was a season ticket holder and had to pay.