Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Gale

Post by on side » 05 Mar 2020, 22:45

Does any body regret that Gale as gone to Leeds now and not stopped at the tigers. There starting to look like cas 2017 attacking wise

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gale

Post by Mucky1978 » 05 Mar 2020, 22:51

Got a good deal for him Not bothered he’s left.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Mar 2020, 22:52

on side wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 22:45 Does any body regret that Gale as gone to Leeds now and not stopped at the tigers. There starting to look like cas 2017 attacking wise
They are playing Toronto, enough said.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Mar 2020, 22:55

on side wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 22:45 Does any body regret that Gale as gone to Leeds now and not stopped at the tigers. There starting to look like cas 2017 attacking wise
It was always going to be a gamble for both clubs.
He could go on to lead Leeds back to finals and be a star player. He could suffer one more injury and end his career.
Short-term we might have been better with him. But I think Danny Richardson is a better long-term option - he’s got ten years left in the game and will be at his peak when Galey is sat at home in his slippers watching games on TV.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 Mar 2020, 23:28

Gsle was never going to turn into a poor player despite his injury.
Tonight the options available to all players was embarrassing.
Disappointed that he was out for so long as l am sure young Jake would have flourished even more.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Mar 2020, 01:10

as most of you will know from my previous posts i am in brid and watch sky games in a pub that has a great mixture of super league fans. i was amazed tonight that all 5 rhino's fans hated gale because he didn't have the patience to click his heels and wait in the wings behind burrow and mcguire. didn't realise the feelings ran that deep.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Mar 2020, 01:32

Noticed he isn’t kicking the goals now after starting the season doing so. If they are protecting his leg that may suggest he isn’t as fit as he could be. They were terrible against Hull and haven’t plaid a decent side yet so we shall see what happens.

Be interesting to see what happens against us. We know his game very well so we close it down they have nothing. Have we really changed much since Gale played for us? Not sure just yet but we aren’t quite as flowing yet.

As for any regret, none at all from me. Feel we got a great deal and one bad hit ends his season and possibly career. DR has lots of time on his side and with DP coaching we look good at 6 and 7 for many years.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Mar 2020, 06:01

Gale asked to leave so for all I care I'm glad we let him go. He wanted to chase the money in the final years of his career so can't blame him but the fact Cas stood by him through his injuries then he wanted to leave as soon as he gets fit is a joke. I'm glad he went.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Mar 2020, 09:52

Leeds got what they wanted and we got what we wanted. Both will work out well for both clubs respectively.

Gale was non existent against Hull in R1, but as gradually got more involved against the likes of KR & Salford. I actually thought he was anonymous against Warrington last week and was definitely outshone by Lui and Myler. He took his tries well last night against Toronto and made a few decent contributions, but again, most do against Toronto. The acid tests will come against your Saints, Wigans, even us where he'll be targeted.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Mar 2020, 10:05

Toronto have the worst props in super league and Wires weren't much better week before makes for what will happen when they come down lane in a couple of weeks all the more tasty tho

I'm all for players getting best deals for themselves but I lost my respect for Gale when he asked to leave
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Mar 2020, 10:37

Gale as gone and good luck to him i felt the same when Leeds took Hardisty from us, the club could have done no better than replacing him with an England Knights player

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2020, 11:03

Don’t think many are that bothered Luke Gale left, more how he went about engineering his move away from the club. Since he won MOS in 2017, he played about 1/3 of 2 seasons, yet we still managed to get a good fee for a player with a bad injury record who was also in his 30s

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 06 Mar 2020, 11:35

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 22:55
It was always going to be a gamble for both clubs.
He could go on to lead Leeds back to finals and be a star player. He could suffer one more injury and end his career.
Short-term we might have been better with him. But I think Danny Richardson is a better long-term option - he’s got ten years left in the game and will be at his peak when Galey is sat at home in his slippers watching games on TV.
THIS COMMENT IS ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON :clap: :clap:

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 06 Mar 2020, 11:40

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 01:32 Noticed he isn’t kicking the goals now after starting the season doing so. If they are protecting his leg that may suggest he isn’t as fit as he could be. They were terrible against Hull and haven’t plaid a decent side yet so we shall see what happens.

Be interesting to see what happens against us. We know his game very well so we close it down they have nothing. Have we really changed much since Gale played for us? Not sure just yet but we aren’t quite as flowing yet.

As for any regret, none at all from me. Feel we got a great deal and one bad hit ends his season and possibly career. DR has lots of time on his side and with DP coaching we look good at 6 and 7 for many years.
All true I agree but with cas we are not guaranteed to keep any player for seven year if somebody comes in with a, good offer for Richardson if as a good two years he will be sold specially with no profit from a staduim move looking less likely to happen. So would not pressume somebody going to stay that long.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Mar 2020, 11:46

i dont think myself Danny will look to leave,the coach made comment last week how pleased he was with the way he had improved his defending early days but he looks a lot better player in a short space of time at Cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Mar 2020, 12:50

tigerfeat wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 11:46 i dont think myself Danny will look to leave,the coach made comment last week how pleased he was with the way he had improved his defending early days but he looks a lot better player in a short space of time at Cas

I agree in the short time he’s been with us he’s becoming a more confident player, at leigh he was a shadow of the player we knew at saints.
As the season goes on I believe he’ll be a MOS contender, not saying he’ll win it, but he’ll be up there.

As have been said, sadly the negative will be he’ll see out his contract with us, then be on his way to pastures new, back to saints maybe or even the NRL.
Always happens with our better players.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 06 Mar 2020, 12:53

Don't miss him one bit. Much rather see Richardson'sdreamy mug on the big screen kicking goals than that ugly bald t*at trying to sort his tuft.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 06 Mar 2020, 13:52

It’s a job. Most of us have/had jobs. Most of us would have changed jobs for more cash, more challenge, a promotion, a change of direction, boredom, any number of reasons.
When Gale was with us he gave it all and contributed greatly to where we are. Good luck to him, loyalty at work is a concept Thatcher got shut of!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Mar 2020, 14:04

cogito ergo sum wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 13:52 It’s a job. Most of us have/had jobs. Most of us would have changed jobs for more cash, more challenge, a promotion, a change of direction, boredom, any number of reasons.
When Gale was with us he gave it all and contributed greatly to where we are. Good luck to him, loyalty at work is a concept Thatcher got shut of!
Well said mate

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Mar 2020, 14:22

Never look back!

Whatever your views =on Gale may be, I only see the opportunity we now have wth Truey and Richardson. POtentially our half-back pairing for years to come, possibly the international pairing as well. What a prospect that is...
Spreading the Cas gene pool