Tony Smith

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CoachHusky

Tony Smith

Post by CoachHusky » 28 Feb 2020, 00:41

" I thought the sin-bin was harsh. After watching the replay I don't think it was a penalty.

"Two players are allowed to contest the ball and push with their shoulders. Obviously Chris [referee Chris Kendall] saw it differently - maybe that rule's been changed."

:dance: :dance:
Hahahhaha cant stand getting schooled by Powelly!! Between him, Cullen and McDermott they hate cas showing them how to play rugby.....me personally I absolutely love it hahahahaha!!!
All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself.

CoachHusky

Re: Tony Smith

Post by CoachHusky » 28 Feb 2020, 00:52

Sorry but to tag on....phil Clarke "if cas were a top team they would score again here"......and mcmeeken walks in, he follows with "I think mcmeeken has platowed(?haha) Past 2 years".....well phil do we get your approval as a top team! Bloke is a complete and utter W#%€3R hahahahahahahz
All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2020, 01:03

Apart from Wells Jenna Brooks and Carney the whole sky team are a disgrace to broadcasting Phil Clarke in particular your right
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2020, 03:10

CoachHusky wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 00:52 Sorry but to tag on....phil Clarke "if cas were a top team they would score again here"......and mcmeeken walks in, he follows with "I think mcmeeken has platowed(?haha) Past 2 years".....well phil do we get your approval as a top team! Bloke is a complete and utter W#%€3R hahahahahahahz
Clarke wasn’t very good at predicting Richardson’s ability to kick touchline conversions either!

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 28 Feb 2020, 08:53

I have always disliked Clark in commentary but last night he was a complete tool. It so obvious he hates Cas and very rarely pays us any compliments. He is a disgrace and utter kno8

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 28 Feb 2020, 09:07

I think wells had a dig at him in analysis when he said he was flawless from the touch line.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Feb 2020, 09:37

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:53 I have always disliked Clark in commentary but last night he was a complete tool. It so obvious he hates Cas and very rarely pays us any compliments. He is a disgrace and utter kno8
I disagree. He wasn’t wrong about Meeks, nobody has talked Truey up as much as Clark has so where the “hate Cas “ tag comes from I don’t know.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Feb 2020, 09:37

they kept stating under strength HKR when we were doing it tough no mention of our players missing

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2020, 09:40

cogito ergo sum wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 09:37
Derbyshiretiger wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:53 I have always disliked Clark in commentary but last night he was a complete tool. It so obvious he hates Cas and very rarely pays us any compliments. He is a disgrace and utter kno8
I disagree. He wasn’t wrong about Meeks, nobody has talked Truey up as much as Clark has so where the “hate Cas “ tag comes from I don’t know.
I’m not sure that he hates Cas either, he just makes a lot of stupid ill thought out comments e.g. predicting Koukash’s Salford winning the league a few seasons back.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Feb 2020, 09:51

I notice Smith failed to point out that their only try of the game came after a blatant obstruction on our chaser not picked up by officials.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Feb 2020, 10:01

gateman wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 09:37 they kept stating under strength HKR when we were doing it tough no mention of our players missing
Even better than that is Bill Arthur claimed that Eden and Feki couldn't even "get in" the Cas team and that Powell likes to keep players "on their toes".....failing to acknowledge both players are you know, injured :lol:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2020, 10:08

It's amateurish other sports on sky have good people working on them
Wells and Carney must dispare having to work with the ex Wigan numpties and commentators who are awful ... don't think they hate teams there just nowhere near good enough at there job
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Feb 2020, 10:15

Reguarding tony smith.
Glad you can make out what he actually says.
He talks likes he’s got a mouth full of bumble bees.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 28 Feb 2020, 11:51

Personally I’ve never liked Smith.
True to character he never gave any credit to Cas at all.
In all his interviews, after defeats he cannot bring himself to say anything positive about the opposition.
All in all, he’s a big headed self absorbed person.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Feb 2020, 12:46

orrsome wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 11:51 Personally I’ve never liked Smith.
In all his interviews, after defeats he cannot bring himself to say anything positive about the opposition.
but shaun kenny-dowall did. apparently he was very impressed with cas and spent some time chatting with the players.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 28 Feb 2020, 13:51

lurcher wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 12:46
but shaun kenny-dowall did. apparently he was very impressed with cas and spent some time chatting with the players.
Yes, maybe Kenny - Dowall is more magnanimous in defeat but the topic is Tony Smith and IMO he’s a prat, who’s not willing to appreciate the tactics, coaches or opposition players.
At least DP can say that the opposition played well, as he did about HKR did in the first half and not just talk about our own issues.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Feb 2020, 14:00

I like tony smith and I think Phil Clarke is often fair about us.
I cannot comment yet about last night,

In all fairness though, there’s only wells and carney worth their salt.

Barrie and Terry are STEALING a living, especially Barrie.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2020, 14:25

orrsome wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 13:51
lurcher wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 12:46
Yes, maybe Kenny - Dowall is more magnanimous in defeat but the topic is Tony Smith and IMO he’s a prat, who’s not willing to appreciate the tactics, coaches or opposition players.
At least DP can say that the opposition played well, as he did about HKR did in the first half and not just talk about our own issues.
They have history don't they from when Smith took over at Whinos ?
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Feb 2020, 14:29

It's always interesting to watch the Coach's interview after the game but I was particularly impressed by Powelly last night.

He opened by saying he wanted to mention two blokes, Roger Millward and the pride in winning a trohpy in memory of the great man and then Mose Mosoe with his battle(s) through injury. Totally sincere and something McDermott should look at before he comes on and moans again.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 28 Feb 2020, 14:43

I can't believe people can moan about Smith after some of the interviews DP as done over the years in defeat. I also feel Wells should not be involved in the SKY team when Cas are playing, it puts him in an awful position.