Injuries

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Injuries

Post by gateman » 17 Mar 2020, 09:48

the lads who have been playing wing with our two STAR wingers injured have certainly not let us down

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 17 Mar 2020, 10:55

Good point on the squad members who have stepped up, particularly James Clare and feel sorry Hepi has not had chance but the opportunity has not arisen.
Ironically, a few players may benefit from a few weeks with less vigour/contact - Liam Watts fingers etc. This is probably true for all clubs and a benefit for SBW at Toronto with his knee op.
Junior Moors may be fit again by the time we start again!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2020, 01:32

it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
i wish i could repeat it word for word as the man is absolutely superb and he makes you realise how complicated it is and how you will have to take some risks and have to accept soft tissue injuries will occur if you want a (remaining percentage) of your squad at peak physical fitness for the first game.
the critical point comes when you switch from pre season training on an artificial pitch to training on grass.
the beauty of the artificial pitch is that you know you can train on it every day and apart from dampness it will always be the same underfoot and the muscles and joints get attuned to this.
most of the soft tissue injuries occur in this transition period and despite trying every possible permutation they now accept if they want to achieve maximum fitness for the majority there will be casualties along the way just the same as in games.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2020, 11:22

lurcher wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 01:32 it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
i wish i could repeat it word for word as the man is absolutely superb and he makes you realise how complicated it is and how you will have to take some risks and have to accept soft tissue injuries will occur if you want a (remaining percentage) of your squad at peak physical fitness for the first game.
the critical point comes when you switch from pre season training on an artificial pitch to training on grass.
the beauty of the artificial pitch is that you know you can train on it every day and apart from dampness it will always be the same underfoot and the muscles and joints get attuned to this.
most of the soft tissue injuries occur in this transition period and despite trying every possible permutation they now accept if they want to achieve maximum fitness for the majority there will be casualties along the way just the same as in games.
So your saying it was nothing to do with the proms and push chairs?
Sorry folks, stir crazy...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2020, 18:15

cogito ergo sum wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 11:22
lurcher wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 01:32 it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
So your saying it was nothing to do with the proms and push chairs?
Sorry folks, stir crazy...
:D :D funnily enough as we left the "meet the directors" i noticed a sign on the training pitch saying "keep of the grass", couldn't help a little chuckle.
jo brand is eddie warings love child