Injuries

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Injuries

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Mar 2020, 21:22

Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 17:29 Think I will need proof of this . I got told he was going to be injured for months

Why do you need proof? Surely you can just ask your insider journo/player/friend? :)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 07 Mar 2020, 21:55

What is this you speak of ? I do not understand ? I don’t know any journalist in RL. I used to have sweet stall but Steve Gill get rid of me , I don’t know anyone connected to the club other than jimmy cracken and terry cheesbrough

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 22:10

Seen you talking to TC on your stall in town wouldn't have guessed that's who you are tbh
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 22:15

And you don't have to PM me mate I just put up on here what I believe to be correct
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Mar 2020, 05:11

HuddsTigers wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 21:22
Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 17:29 Think I will need proof of this . I got told he was going to be injured for months

Why do you need proof? Surely you can just ask your insider journo/player/friend? :)
Or you could ask someone who has played the game and coached the game or even better you tell him Hudds as you will almost certainly know the answer. With your connections who needs anyone else?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Mar 2020, 11:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 05:11
HuddsTigers wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 21:22

Or you could ask someone who has played the game and coached the game or even better you tell him Hudds as you will almost certainly know the answer. With your connections who needs anyone else?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I would but I have realised that life is far more important than arguing the toss on here.

Similarly, whatever confidences I have, I don't break them. Being ITK and shouting about it isn't important to me.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Mar 2020, 15:04

Those that are in the know but never shout about are the ones that aren’t in the know at all, they just like others to think that way. They quite often tell us after the event that they knew.

Still, we can’t all have that “Special relationship with the club that others are jealous of” can we Hudds?

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Mar 2020, 16:05

Or they just respect people enough to not get them in trouble and/or to maintain those privacies?

Everyone can have a relationship with the club. That's the good thing about Cas - people at the club are generally open and receptive to fans' views/conversations as long as they are constructive and balanced. No such thing as a special relationship, though. We all want the same thing, just different ways about achieving it.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Mar 2020, 17:23

How lonG do you think Eden and Feki are away hudds, cheery
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Mar 2020, 17:29

Watts own words when ask if he’ll be fit on Sunday......all being well.
I take that as yes.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Mar 2020, 17:29

Mysterio wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 17:23 How lonG do you think Eden and Feki are away hudds, cheery

Feki 8 weeks.
Not sure on Eden.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Mar 2020, 18:34

Mysterio wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 17:23 How lonG do you think Eden and Feki are away hudds, cheery
I don't have any ITK knowledge. Feki I can't see being back for a similar timeframe from his original injury, maybe longer to not rush his rehab. Maybe a few months.

In terms of Eden, the last update told us he had damaged his knee capsule due to an hyper extension but no ligament damage. I can't see him being that far off providing no side effects or complications. If all ok, I'd imagine he may require a couple of weeks of knee strengthening and running again. Could be anywhere between now and a month or so I'd imagine.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Mar 2020, 18:39

Love how everybody believes me 😊
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 09 Mar 2020, 11:01

old cas lass wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 17:29

Feki 8 weeks.
Not sure on Eden.
I think Feki suffers from the same affliction Roberts did, they are allergic to the cold, and their body can't handle it, as soon as it gets nippy something tears.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 17 Mar 2020, 05:56

Still nothing been said about cook

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Mar 2020, 09:48

the lads who have been playing wing with our two STAR wingers injured have certainly not let us down

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 17 Mar 2020, 10:55

Good point on the squad members who have stepped up, particularly James Clare and feel sorry Hepi has not had chance but the opportunity has not arisen.
Ironically, a few players may benefit from a few weeks with less vigour/contact - Liam Watts fingers etc. This is probably true for all clubs and a benefit for SBW at Toronto with his knee op.
Junior Moors may be fit again by the time we start again!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2020, 01:32

it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
i wish i could repeat it word for word as the man is absolutely superb and he makes you realise how complicated it is and how you will have to take some risks and have to accept soft tissue injuries will occur if you want a (remaining percentage) of your squad at peak physical fitness for the first game.
the critical point comes when you switch from pre season training on an artificial pitch to training on grass.
the beauty of the artificial pitch is that you know you can train on it every day and apart from dampness it will always be the same underfoot and the muscles and joints get attuned to this.
most of the soft tissue injuries occur in this transition period and despite trying every possible permutation they now accept if they want to achieve maximum fitness for the majority there will be casualties along the way just the same as in games.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2020, 11:22

lurcher wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 01:32 it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
i wish i could repeat it word for word as the man is absolutely superb and he makes you realise how complicated it is and how you will have to take some risks and have to accept soft tissue injuries will occur if you want a (remaining percentage) of your squad at peak physical fitness for the first game.
the critical point comes when you switch from pre season training on an artificial pitch to training on grass.
the beauty of the artificial pitch is that you know you can train on it every day and apart from dampness it will always be the same underfoot and the muscles and joints get attuned to this.
most of the soft tissue injuries occur in this transition period and despite trying every possible permutation they now accept if they want to achieve maximum fitness for the majority there will be casualties along the way just the same as in games.
So your saying it was nothing to do with the proms and push chairs?
Sorry folks, stir crazy...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2020, 18:15

cogito ergo sum wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 11:22
lurcher wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 01:32 it was mentioned at the "meet the directors" and jon wells spoke very eloquently about the subject.
So your saying it was nothing to do with the proms and push chairs?
Sorry folks, stir crazy...
:D :D funnily enough as we left the "meet the directors" i noticed a sign on the training pitch saying "keep of the grass", couldn't help a little chuckle.
jo brand is eddie warings love child