Injuries

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Injuries

Post by lurcher » 02 Mar 2020, 23:51

gateman wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 20:41 Foster, the few times the lad as put a shirt on he as looked a good player, the lad as been beset with one injury after another , with the luck he as should he think of hanging his boots up and call it a day, if he was one of my lads that would be my advice
we had the same with jake webster but we stuck by him and look how well that turned out
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Mar 2020, 09:59

Fumper27 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 20:59
gateman wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 20:41 Foster, the few times the lad as put a shirt on he as looked a good player, the lad as been beset with one injury after another , with the luck he as should he think of hanging his boots up and call it a day, if he was one of my lads that would be my advice
Depends on what the injuries are. If it’s the same area reoccurring then I’d be of the same mindset as you Gateman.
However, if they’re not interlinked then I think he is worth persevering with for a bit longer
point taken mate

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 04 Mar 2020, 19:53

Foster In squad this week so cant be far away from fit
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Mar 2020, 10:40

here we go again looks like we will have lost another two Holmes looking the worse , pea nut taken off for precaution only, hopefully , it was a tough match a few of the other lads will be carrying knocks lets hope thats all

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Mar 2020, 10:46

gateman wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 10:40 here we go again looks like we will have lost another two Holmes looking the worse , pea nut taken off for precaution only, hopefully , it was a tough match a few of the other lads will be carrying knocks lets hope thats all
Peanut should be OK next week. If not then;

Blair to centre
Foster in for Holmes
Watts back in probably for anyone
Clare will be OK and maybe Eden

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Mar 2020, 10:47

gateman wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 10:40 here we go again looks like we will have lost another two Holmes looking the worse , pea nut taken off for precaution only, hopefully , it was a tough match a few of the other lads will be carrying knocks lets hope thats all
Millington pick a knock up, had to leave the field just before half time, he did come back on but that was more a necessity.
Also milner had To go off, not sure why, hope it’s only precautionary.

Should have Clair, watts and foster back next week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 11:20

old cas lass wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 10:47
Millington pick a knock up, had to leave the field just before half time, he did come back on but that was more a necessity.
Also milner had To go off, not sure why, hope it’s only precautionary.

Should have Clair, watts and foster back next week.
Eden should be in squad might wait till week after for him but id play him if hes good to go
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 07 Mar 2020, 12:21

Eden is months away

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 07 Mar 2020, 13:26

Reckon Holmes will be a few months. Shame for the lad as he has played well this season. Never seems to have much luck with injury. Peanut should be ok for next week but if not youd think Blair to centre and Hepi/Foster coming in for second row. Watts to come in for Millo if he is out and maybe O'Neill in for Milner too.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 07 Mar 2020, 15:28

CasAttack wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 13:26 Reckon Holmes will be a few months. Shame for the lad as he has played well this season. Never seems to have much luck with injury. Peanut should be ok for next week but if not youd think Blair to centre and Hepi/Foster coming in for second row. Watts to come in for Millo if he is out and maybe O'Neill in for Milner too.
Millo came off due to a irregular heartbeat, but came back on when it calmed down so he should be fine, Oggy looks like he’s gonna be out for a while so I’d be bringing Foster back in which if he plays anything like he did 2 years ago is a big plus for our side. With the return of Liam Watts our pack will become more aggressive which we lacked a little bit last night. I don’t know what’s happening with Junior or Matt Cook because we are definitely missing the size of them two, Junior has been a great player for us but I feel he won’t play at all this season as the injury he suffered last year seems to have finished him. If the rumours of Kane Evans are true then our pack would be strong but this would require a quota to freed up.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Mar 2020, 16:03

MrRugby123 wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 15:28
CasAttack wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 13:26 Reckon Holmes will be a few months. Shame for the lad as he has played well this season. Never seems to have much luck with injury. Peanut should be ok for next week but if not youd think Blair to centre and Hepi/Foster coming in for second row. Watts to come in for Millo if he is out and maybe O'Neill in for Milner too.
Millo came off due to a irregular heartbeat, but came back on when it calmed down so he should be fine, Oggy looks like he’s gonna be out for a while so I’d be bringing Foster back in which if he plays anything like he did 2 years ago is a big plus for our side. With the return of Liam Watts our pack will become more aggressive which we lacked a little bit last night. I don’t know what’s happening with Junior or Matt Cook because we are definitely missing the size of them two, Junior has been a great player for us but I feel he won’t play at all this season as the injury he suffered last year seems to have finished him. If the rumours of Kane Evans are true then our pack would be strong but this would require a quota to freed up.
Totally lacking grunt and impact without Watts, Moors, Cook. They are our most powerful forwards. With Millo going off among others it made it really tough yesterday.
In those circumstances we did well.
Like you say if we can get in a quality aggressive front rower then that would be ideal but can only see that happening this year if Moors was to go. Or perhaps if Eden ends up on the wrong side of the court decision.
Did anyone see Oggy throwing his guts up bear Cas posts in first half?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 16:08

Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 12:21 Eden is months away
I got told he was training last week is that not true ?
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 07 Mar 2020, 16:38

think greg took part in the captains run on thursday.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 17:21

He did indeed ...
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 07 Mar 2020, 17:29

Think I will need proof of this . I got told he was going to be injured for months

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Mar 2020, 21:22

Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 17:29 Think I will need proof of this . I got told he was going to be injured for months

Why do you need proof? Surely you can just ask your insider journo/player/friend? :)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 07 Mar 2020, 21:55

What is this you speak of ? I do not understand ? I don’t know any journalist in RL. I used to have sweet stall but Steve Gill get rid of me , I don’t know anyone connected to the club other than jimmy cracken and terry cheesbrough

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 22:10

Seen you talking to TC on your stall in town wouldn't have guessed that's who you are tbh
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Mar 2020, 22:15

And you don't have to PM me mate I just put up on here what I believe to be correct
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Mar 2020, 05:11

HuddsTigers wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 21:22
Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 17:29 Think I will need proof of this . I got told he was going to be injured for months

Why do you need proof? Surely you can just ask your insider journo/player/friend? :)
Or you could ask someone who has played the game and coached the game or even better you tell him Hudds as you will almost certainly know the answer. With your connections who needs anyone else?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: