HKR up Next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: HKR up Next

Post by old cas lass » 27 Feb 2020, 23:28

Matthew shaw twitter account.

Liam Watts has ruptured tendons in his finger. Similar injury to last year. Facing five to six weeks out.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Feb 2020, 23:36

Also thought Smaith was an unsung hero doing some hard yards when we lost Watts.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 28 Feb 2020, 00:04

old cas lass wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 23:00
Jonny1975 wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 22:50
TheSheriff wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 21:41
Jonny1975 wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 21:40 Agree Old Cas Lass, McMeekan strolling around like hes on a Captain's Run, rumours of him going to RU, absolutely no chance, he wouldn't have the lungs or speed for it
:lol: :lol: :lol: what? Union is like walking Rugby compared to league, he'd be the fittest player in the country in that crap.

What a ridiculous comment, clearly dont watch top flight RU. Ask Curry, Underhill, Lawes or Itoje if they think it's like walking Rugby. McMeekan wouldn't last a season, just like Josh Jones, who was farmed out on loan to a team in Somerset yet when returns to RL commands an international shirt. I could name more who have tried and failed, Charnley, Pryce, Eastmond. Like I say , ridiculous comment.
Sam Burgess.
Robinson, Sailor, Turqiri,
Thorn, Folau, SBW, Thorn, Teo

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 28 Feb 2020, 00:13

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 23:36 Also thought Smaith was an unsung hero doing some hard yards when we lost Watts.
Daniel Smith had a huge game. Unsung hero.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 28 Feb 2020, 00:31

Temporarily top of league and 4 out of 5 wins. Happy with that.
First half was hard work to watch.
Slow starts will kill us against decent opposition.

Macca and Millo rejuvenated. Clare really impressed again. Shenny's try was class too.

We are however not clinical enough. Lacking cutting edge. We should have been 40 plus tonight but execution let us down. However there's plenty if time to put it right. On to Wire.

Gutted about Watts. Need Moors, Cook and Jesse back asap

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Feb 2020, 09:51

Losing Watts is a blow 6 weeks out so they say, the rest may do the lad some good as this year he as not looked like the player that carried us through last year nearly on his own sometimes , i am no way knocking him as he as been putting a good shift in and as not been playing bad

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2020, 10:05

Smith Millington have been outstanding for us when Powell made the changes we looked a better side
That's what the coach wants competion for places don't think there be many sides this week that will have a strong a bench as we had last night
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Feb 2020, 10:12

Jesse was in the warm up yesterday, in for Watts I suppose.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 Feb 2020, 10:33

Millington was exceptional last night - he was breaking tackles and gaining the extra yards within each tackle and needs to be applauded especially at his time of life. Milner wasn't that good on his re-appearance and plain average. Smith also went really well.

What's bugging me though is the lack of invention at times and especially in the first half. There are also times when you see opportunities out wide and the ball just doesn't go there which is easy for me to say stood overlooking in the stands, however there needs to be some shout outs especially from Rankin at the back to get the ball moving when those opportunities present themselves. Hopefully this will resolve later with a bit of fair weather adaptation but for me last night was very clunky and not that efficient a display in bombing at least 3 try scoring opportunities.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 28 Feb 2020, 10:49

It is only game 5, I am happy we are 4/5 and clearly better to come.

I'd say we are doing enough at the moment, not playing our best.

plenty still to come.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Feb 2020, 10:51

HKR ball playing area was exploited with ease players breaking through with no one in support with more backing up a number of points could have been racked up , but far from moaning very happy with the two points

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Feb 2020, 11:07

On another day, three more tries without changing anything except composure.

Macca has been superb, although some of his decision making near our opponents line is questionable. Happened last year and is happening again. Wouldn’t swap him though, my MOM yesterday, by a country mile.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Feb 2020, 11:19

gateman wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 09:51 Losing Watts is a blow 6 weeks out so they say, the rest may do the lad some good as this year he as not looked like the player that carried us through last year nearly on his own sometimes , i am no way knocking him as he as been putting a good shift in and as not been playing bad
Maybe Liam hasn’t looked as good because others (Smith, Millington) have upped their games???

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Feb 2020, 12:27

watts didn't get much of a pre season though. i can see a fairly fresh watts looking very good for the 2nd half of the season. the finger shoudn't stop him training and building his fitness. surprised griffin hasn't got a mention as he too made big yards. same as last week once our forwards had drained hulls strength macca started scooting and that changed the game again.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2020, 12:33

Like to see how many meters Sticks made plus he had another great finish in the corner and got a rate whack in a tackle but just got up and shrugged it off
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Feb 2020, 12:38

tigerfeat wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 12:33 Like to see how many meters Sticks made plus he had another great finish in the corner and got a rate whack in a tackle but just got up and shrugged it off
yes he seems to have got a bit more confident of his pace and backs himself to go for the corner rather than cutting back inside.
jo brand is eddie warings love child