Trinity next Friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Trinity next Friday

Post by The Firm » 22 Feb 2020, 00:50

To say we only played well for half a game that was a damn good result. Some good performers out there but there is still plenty to come. Best get Richardson on the leg weights though, even though it was windy tonight his sideline converting always concerns me.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 22 Feb 2020, 01:21

SuffolkTiger wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 23:07 Dreadful first half.

Grateful for the 2 points against a useful WT side.

Main concerns for me tonight:

- Truey's kicking close to the line was woeful
- Shenny looked shot all game & seems to have aged 5 years in the close season
- too much fancy stuff in poor conditions at times instead of buying position & building pressure

On we go.
Wow, it’s amazing how people see games differently!! ... thought Shenny was solid in defence all night and his pass for clares try was world class!! ... Trueman put 2 kicks in near the line and we got 2 tries from them, not sure what else he has to do !!!!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Feb 2020, 01:25

The Firm wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:50 To say we only played well for half a game that was a damn good result. Some good performers out there but there is still plenty to come. Best get Richardson on the leg weights though, even though it was windy tonight his sideline converting always concerns me.
He has the power. You not seen the kick from a few year ago from about 60 yard? Just a bad night.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2020, 01:48

Quiet night on the forum.
We won.
Local Derby
Attendance 7202
I know percentage of population we are well supported but very disappointing turnout.
Good job we weren't playing Catalan.
Are we apathetic fans,
Is it not marketed well.
What ever it is crowds like that are not going fund a lock on a loo door never mind a couple of marquee players.
Onwards and upwards

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 22 Feb 2020, 02:03

Swagger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 01:25
The Firm wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:50 To say we only played well for half a game that was a damn good result. Some good performers out there but there is still plenty to come. Best get Richardson on the leg weights though, even though it was windy tonight his sideline converting always concerns me.
He has the power. You not seen the kick from a few year ago from about 60 yard? Just a bad night.
Yes, the same season his kick percentage was at 70% due to missing a lot from out wide. Having power is one thing but if you are losing too much accuracy having to impart that power its a problem. He’s decent but he’ll want to up is rate by at least another 10% if he wants to be in that top bracket of kickers. Tonight was tough conditions so i can blame him there but its a work in progress for him. Its not a pop at him, more an observation and i’m sure he will improve as time goes on.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2020, 07:54

Tigerwood posse wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 01:21
SuffolkTiger wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 23:07 Dreadful first half.

Grateful for the 2 points against a useful WT side.

Main concerns for me tonight:

- Truey's kicking close to the line was woeful
- Shenny looked shot all game & seems to have aged 5 years in the close season
- too much fancy stuff in poor conditions at times instead of buying position & building pressure

On we go.
Wow, it’s amazing how people see games differently!! ... thought Shenny was solid in defence all night and his pass for clares try was world class!! ... Trueman put 2 kicks in near the line and we got 2 tries from them, not sure what else he has to do !!!!
Two tries from kicks:
McShane set up Blair
Trueman set up Holmes

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2020, 07:57

old cas lass wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 23:39 Right lads and lasses.
Bit of a game of two halfs so they say.
Wakeys two tries came from our errors.
First rankin had the ball nicked one on one, they score from that set.
Second try came from a silly pass to olpherts who knocked it on, from that scrum they scored.
Looking at a massive positive we only let 2 tries in and nilled them second half. Thought our defence continued from the Wigan game.
Richardson was the better half and that pass for olpherts try was top notice.
To much stop start to get much flow, ref was pedantic and made quite a few wrong decision. Especially the one were Johnstone clashes with his own player and he penalised us. Was right in front of me, blatant wrong decision.

In all the years I’ve gone down lane, first time I’ve seen the coach make the players come out early and do a passing drill. He must have been livid in that changing room at half time, but it worked.

Great result, to say wakey are gonna be up there, nice to put them back in their place.
COYF.
The Olpherts knock on... watch the trophy Babs, I’m still not convinced that he touched the ball. Referee error.
The one where Johnstone clashes with his own player, I’m guessing you’re referring to the one on his own line where he hurt his knee. If so Mata’utia did catch him above the shoulder so a penalty was the right call.
Happy with the win. Still errors to iron out but 3 wins from 4 is where I expected us to be at this point so no complaints from me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Feb 2020, 08:28

It's all about getting points on the board these early games in often bad weather if we can win next week 4 from first 5 will be a excellent start also think there's a lot of improvement to come from this team the faster pitches when they come will also be better for us
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Feb 2020, 08:49

Hopefully sts win tonight then party all week and we beat them next week 😬 Warrington are up n down so we could beat them aswell and be 6 from 7 🙏
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2020, 09:13

jackknife wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 08:49 Hopefully sts win tonight then party all week and we beat them next week 😬 Warrington are up n down so we could beat them aswell and be 6 from 7 🙏
We play Hull KR away next week...

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Feb 2020, 09:22

7,202 crowd very poor turnout from both Cas and Wakefield awful night weather wise , with money being tight the TV hurts our attendances i am looking forward to a bumper crowd when we entertain the saints as of now its a Sunday afternoon KO, get of your bums you TV supporters if you want your club to sign the best players dont forget money makes the world go round

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Feb 2020, 09:31

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:13
jackknife wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 08:49 Hopefully sts win tonight then party all week and we beat them next week 😬 Warrington are up n down so we could beat them aswell and be 6 from 7 🙏
😂 Forgive me im still pist from last night 🤦🏻‍♂️
Last edited by jackknife on 22 Feb 2020, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Feb 2020, 09:31

Double post
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2020, 09:39

jackknife wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:31
Fumper27 wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:13
😂 Forgive me im still pist from last night 🤦🏻‍♂️
LOL. Nowt like celebrating a win against them scrubbers from o’er common

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Feb 2020, 11:05

The Firm wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 02:03
Yes, the same season his kick percentage was at 70% due to missing a lot from out wide. Having power is one thing but if you are losing too much accuracy having to impart that power its a problem. He’s decent but he’ll want to up is rate by at least another 10% if he wants to be in that top bracket of kickers. Tonight was tough conditions so i can blame him there but its a work in progress for him. Its not a pop at him, more an observation and i’m sure he will improve as time goes on.
But you said he needs to do some leg weights? Leg weights won't make you hit from outwide. He already has the power. He just needs to be more accurate.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Feb 2020, 11:10

Swagger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 11:05
But you said he needs to do some leg weights? Leg weights won't make you hit from outwide. He already has the power. He just needs to be more accurate.
Goal kicks last night from the sidelines a lottery because of wind. And am I alone in thinking Pete is a better goal kicker?

Bring it on

Post by Bring it on » 22 Feb 2020, 11:11

We all know danny can kick much better then he as .

Remember watching the england knights game at headingley think he kicked 3 from 3 of touch line .

Plus the weather was not great last night for kicking . The lad will only get better .so will the combination with truey.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Feb 2020, 11:11

Swagger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 11:05
The wind was atrocious last night, still is this morning.
Even the best of kickers would have had problems converting from out wide.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 22 Feb 2020, 11:16

Sum up first four games attacking wise we have only played well for about twenty minutes out off 320 minutes. Ten minutes spell against Toronto before ht and ten minutes after ht against Wakey and good defence game against Wigan. And still come away with three wins out off four. When we start playing for full 80minutes we will put a good score on some one and still some key players to come back things don't look too bad.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Feb 2020, 11:16

We showed after HT that we can quite easily and effectively step up another gear when needed - Wakey can't and couldn't contain that, hence why they completely lost their heads.

McShane was simply unplayable, he's in MOS form at the minute. I also think the Mata'tiua/Olpherts combo could be special given time. Hard to believe this is only their 2nd game together, they look that comfortable together.

Not too fussed at this current time about Richardson's goal kicking - he will win us more with his boot than we lose, that's a guarantee. Last nights swirling wind and lashing rain was ridiculous, he get's my sympathies in them sort of conditions.
Last edited by heritage1926 on 22 Feb 2020, 11:18, edited 2 times in total.