Les Catalans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Les Catalans

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Feb 2020, 17:45

dude wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 17:34
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 13:32 This must be your funniest post ever Brayton.

The saying “Got a face like a smacked arse” was invented for you. In all my years watching Cas I have never seen anyone look as miserable as you always do. Quite amusing really. Bulldog chewing a wasp also springs to mind.

Enjoyed the win massively as I always do Brayton. Although nice to see your expert view that a good team would have beaten us. Totally irrelevant comment that means nothing.
when Johnston scored in corner they shouldn't have had the ball. Olpherts didnt touch the ball, when he got called for a knock on.
Maybe, but the best way to avoid getting decisions like that is not to throw a poor pass that hits the floor.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 22 Feb 2020, 18:03

nottinghamtiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 17:45
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 13:32 This must be your funniest post ever Brayton.

The saying “Got a face like a smacked arse” was invented for you. In all my years watching Cas I have never seen anyone look as miserable as you always do. Quite amusing really. Bulldog chewing a wasp also springs to mind.

Enjoyed the win massively as I always do Brayton. Although nice to see your expert view that a good team would have beaten us. Totally irrelevant comment that means nothing.
when Johnston scored in corner they shouldn't have had the ball. Olpherts didnt touch the ball, when he got called for a knock on.
Maybe, but the best way to avoid getting decisions like that is not to throw a poor pass that hits the floor.
Or just expect the ref and the touch judges to do what they get paid for

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Feb 2020, 18:11

dude wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 18:03
nottinghamtiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 17:45

Or just expect the ref and the touch judges to do what they get paid for
They can’t get everything right. It was a hard call - remember they see it once, from one angle, at full speed. We could have avoided losing possession by not throwing a speculative pass and therefore not forcing the referee to make a decision that was always going to be 50-50.
People are far too quick to blame referees to cover players’ mistakes.
No referee = no game.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 22 Feb 2020, 19:39

Love that reasoning, like they were forced to do the job so we cant criticise them. They chose to be a ref, it's what they get paid to do. Wasnt really a hard call though. His hand was nowhere near the ball, the trajectory of the ball didnt change. Who else is there to blame? PM passed the ball backwards, DO didnt touch th ball. The only people who got it wrong were the officials

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Feb 2020, 19:52

The referees and touch judges will get some calls wrong on inspection on the screen because they do only get one view. Don’t have an issue with this as we often go to a game then watch it back only to see we have the ref when maybe we shouldn’t.

My issue is we often see them get things drastically wrong when it is clearly wrong. This happens to most teams no doubt but it doesn’t make it fair.

I have had one of my Wakey friends giving me big ones about Child being the MOTM for us last night. Not how I saw it but will watch again and see but this doesn’t help when live at the game.

How can this improve? Who knows, maybe the experts that have watched, played and coached should take over

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Feb 2020, 19:54

dude wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:39 Love that reasoning, like they were forced to do the job so we cant criticise them. They chose to be a ref, it's what they get paid to do. Wasnt really a hard call though. His hand was nowhere near the ball, the trajectory of the ball didnt change. Who else is there to blame? PM passed the ball backwards, DO didnt touch th ball. The only people who got it wrong were the officials
Of course we can criticise. But that criticism has to be in the context of reality. Referees in every sport make mistakes because they have one look at full speed and have to make a decision immediately. Working under that sort of pressure is always going to lead to errors and the best referees are those who make the fewest. Expecting them to be perfect is completely unrealistic.
If professional refereeing is that easy, I’m not sure why we don’t have a deep pool of high-quality officials.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Feb 2020, 19:57

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:52
My issue is we often see them get things drastically wrong when it is clearly wrong. This happens to most teams no doubt but it doesn’t make it fair.
Decisions like the one to allow the Widdop try last night are very hard to defend. How that wasn’t pulled as a forward pass is mind-boggling. That one came down to fitness I think, as none of the officials were anywhere near in-line with the play.