Les Catalans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Les Catalans

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Feb 2020, 11:42

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 10:58
tigerfeat wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 08:56 Apparently full RL investigation to take place over Cas fans not being allowed to wave the rainbow flags they brought with them to the game
I appreciate the investigation but those Cas supporters only took those flags to antagonise the current situation and give more air time to Israel Folau and his “beliefs”.

How many rainbow flags have been waved down the lane in the past?? None would be my guess. They certainly weren’t on show to support Gareth Thomas or Keegan Hirst when they came to town, were they?? Therefore, in my opinion, the hypocrisy of it speaks volumes.
Absolutely spot on Fumper. Some people in this day and age just want to make a big deal out of things for the sake of it.

Let’s see how many “Cas fans” wave their flags next week against Wakey. Anything just for attention some people.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Feb 2020, 12:16

our players go from heroes to zero in a week , it was always going to be a big ask to go over to France and come back with the two points on the day we were beaten with the better side, i will be getting worried if we get nothing out of our next two matches

blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by blinkstudios » 16 Feb 2020, 12:36

This is the frustrating thing about watching Cas INCONSISTENCY. How the defensive effort can change so much within a week is very poor. Wasnt expecting to win to be honest but some of those tries let in were very weak. Anyway I expect better next week against Wakey. We wont win any silverware if we are inconsistent ie we have been poor in all the games at back end of the seasons that actually meant something ie WINNING SOME TROPHIES.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Feb 2020, 12:53

Tbh it’s becoming a fixture like saints away for whatever reason we just don’t show our form. Catalan have some outstanding players and when they click they are a very good side.

I can’t really comment on the performance as I wasn’t there but going from DPs post match interview we were slow out of the blocks and that is quite simply down to poor attitude, anyone that’s ever played the game will tell you that 90% of games are won and lost in the first few minutes.

We can’t change the result so let’s just hope it’s a blip and we can put in a performance on Friday.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Feb 2020, 13:28

I have never heard anyone, wether they played the game or not, ever say what you are suggesting. Having watched and listened for over 50 years not once.

However, I do often see some people that “Have played the game” insinuate that they know more than those that didn’t or haven’t played the game just because they played the game. Most of these types obviously weren’t good enough to make it but like to remind us that they “Played the game”.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 16 Feb 2020, 13:34

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 10:58
tigerfeat wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 08:56 Apparently full RL investigation to take place over Cas fans not being allowed to wave the rainbow flags they brought with them to the game
I appreciate the investigation but those Cas supporters only took those flags to antagonise the current situation and give more air time to Israel Folau and his “beliefs”.

How many rainbow flags have been waved down the lane in the past?? None would be my guess. They certainly weren’t on show to support Gareth Thomas or Keegan Hirst when they came to town, were they?? Therefore, in my opinion, the hypocrisy of it speaks volumes.
Well said mate I agree and ow can somebody's opinion get so much media attenchion just chucking more coal on fire..

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Feb 2020, 13:48

braytontiger wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 12:53 90% of games are won and lost in the first few minutes
That’s BS. No game has ever been won in the first few minutes.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Feb 2020, 13:52

You clearly haven’t “Played the game” have you Fumper

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Feb 2020, 14:07

I would be more interested in an enquiry into why we raised the white flag so easily yesterday - especially after the stoic display against Wigan.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Feb 2020, 14:38

We have had this kind of performance in us quite often over the years Suffolk. We are capable of beating anyone in SL but we are also capable of this yesterday.

Happens to many teams in a lot of sports and sometimes it doesn’t improve or change. As has been said it may be attitude or approach to things but we can’t seem to do the business against Catalans or Saints away. Most teams tend to lose to both of these but we have a terrible record.

It’s back to the training field and work on the weaknesses for next Friday against the Polecats. Now we have a much better record against them and I would expect a better showing next week after that yesterday.

We shall see

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Feb 2020, 15:14

Funny that someone has mentioned the word Antagonise.

The Catalans Dragons could write a book on it, look through their Super League history and all it entails.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 16 Feb 2020, 15:24

SuffolkTiger wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 14:07
I would be more interested in an enquiry into why we raised the white flag so easily yesterday - especially after the stoic display against Wigan.
You must have seen it on here. It’s because the team had a night away, obviously! :roll:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Feb 2020, 15:51

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 13:52 You clearly haven’t “Played the game” have you Fumper

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Not at the same level as a few on here....obviously

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 16 Feb 2020, 16:17

Clearly not a good day at the office, can't say I've seen enough to make a definitive assessment apart from that we were outplayed in every department and defensively from the few clips available we weren't great. Still onwards and upwards can't see DP letting a performance like that go without some serious adjustment he's too good a coach. Positively, any doubts we may have had about Olpherts pace have been put to rest,and while some of Richardsons defensive calls are questionable he has a lot to offer attack wise. If Milner is as has been reported out next week Blair could replace him with Matautia returning to centre.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Feb 2020, 17:52

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Feb 2020, 18:14

We got waley Fri and they just beat Warrington. Whoops

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Feb 2020, 18:15

Sorry Wakey.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Feb 2020, 18:21

nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 22:34
casjunction wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 22:26 Hull and Huddersfield only unbeaten teams..
True, but they have only played twice. Nobody has played three and won three (yet). Hull have got Saints tomorrow so they have a tough game on their hands if they want to get three wins.
Huddersfield have missed a game they’ll need to catch up later in the year, and that’s never easy as it can impact on not only the re-arranged fixture but the one following too.

If we can win against Wakefield and Hull KR, we’ll be 4 from 5 and towards the top of the table.
After today’s results we look to be in a decent position. Nobody has won three from three so we’ve got as many points as anyone else in the league. Given the numbers of players we’ve had injured, 4 points from our first three games is a pretty good return, considering we’ve played Wigan and travelled to France.
Two big games coming up. Win them both and we could well be top after 5 games, with our only trip to Catalans out of the way.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Feb 2020, 18:30

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 18:21
nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 22:34
casjunction wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 22:26 Hull and Huddersfield only unbeaten teams..
True, but they have only played twice. Nobody has played three and won three (yet). Hull have got Saints tomorrow so they have a tough game on their hands if they want to get three wins.
Huddersfield have missed a game they’ll need to catch up later in the year, and that’s never easy as it can impact on not only the re-arranged fixture but the one following too.

If we can win against Wakefield and Hull KR, we’ll be 4 from 5 and towards the top of the table.
After today’s results we look to be in a decent position. Nobody has won three from three so we’ve got as many points as anyone else in the league. Given the numbers of players we’ve had injured, 4 points from our first three games is a pretty good return, considering we’ve played Wigan and travelled to France.
Two big games coming up. Win them both and we could well be top after 5 games, with our only trip to Catalans out of the way.
Notts - your bang out of line. Please don't come on here offering balance, reason and positive angles of view within a well structured post.

You've obviously never played the game, been to a meet the coaches night or can claim to be a true supporter.

:shock:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Feb 2020, 18:40

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 18:21 Given the numbers of players we’ve had injured, 4 points from our first three games is a pretty good return, considering we’ve played Wigan and travelled to France.
or looking it from a different perspective, we’ve won 2 from 3 one of those against the competition’s whipping boys. Far too early to make a judgement either way.