Balance

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Winsomeyoulosesome

Balance

Post by Winsomeyoulosesome » 19 Jan 2020, 20:50

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Jake left handed/footed and Richardson right handed/footed, if so why are they playing on the opposite sides to their natural abilities?

When Richardson pushed to left and side today he set up a great try for Feki. For me you should always play players in natural postions.

Thoughts?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Balance

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jan 2020, 21:20

I've got a feeling we will see this change early on in the season again when DP did the same with Gale and Roberts.

I think the thought is that Trueman played on that left edge all last season and I think Richardson has played right for Saints so slots together. But agree for me that other way around may be better
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 19 Jan 2020, 21:44

Winsomeyoulosesome wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 20:50 Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Jake left handed/footed and Richardson right handed/footed, if so why are they playing on the opposite sides to their natural abilities?

When Richardson pushed to left and side today he set up a great try for Feki. For me you should always play players in natural postions.

Thoughts?
He didnt really push to the left did he, he took an offload and that's where the space was for him to run in. I was really disappointed with performance today. Thought Griffin played well and eden looked more threatening than other 2 wingers while he was on field

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Jan 2020, 09:07

at least our players now know they have a game on their hands at Leeds if we had racked a big number of points up they would have thought turning up would be enough , put Watts back in the team i stop giving silly penaltys away we will come away with the points

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 20 Jan 2020, 13:04

Balance is immaterial if the players don't perform.

I was there yesterday and had to ask our lass if Richardson had gone off.

Rarely took a hold of the game.
We don't need sparks of individual good play at half back.
We need players who take us round the pitch and control the game.
Has he a kicking game.?
Didn't see it yesterday.
I remember Peter Small

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Jan 2020, 13:41

stevieblunder wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 13:04 Balance is immaterial if the players don't perform.

I was there yesterday and had to ask our lass if Richardson had gone off.

Rarely took a hold of the game.
We don't need sparks of individual good play at half back.
We need players who take us round the pitch and control the game.
Has he a kicking game.?
Didn't see it yesterday.
Absolutely 100% a good half should be able to play off either flank.
Jury is still out for me. It quite simply as to be a partnership that works because there is no plan B.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 20 Jan 2020, 14:02

Don’t worry we’re not in crisis, this is literally our first game where our half backs have played together, I know they’re had a couple of months in training but it’s so different to a real game and it will take a few games for them to take real control, this is not a show of what our team will be like the first game, we will be up for it in round 1. Once person I was disappointed with was Paul mcshane thought he looked off his usual attacking game but I’m sure he’ll also come good.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Jan 2020, 16:44

For me Truey played his best games for cas playing on right side with Mcmeeken n Webster while gale ran the left side. I see ricco as a replacement for gale so hopefully he'll play him on left n truey right.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Jan 2020, 17:55

jackknife wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 16:44 For me Truey played his best games for cas playing on right side with Mcmeeken n Webster while gale ran the left side. I see ricco as a replacement for gale so hopefully he'll play him on left n truey right.
Can't really remember Gale and Truey playing together, seemed to be Truey on right and Ellis on the left a couple of seasons back with Truey going to the left last year.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 20 Jan 2020, 18:31

jackknife wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 16:44 For me Truey played his best games for cas playing on right side with Mcmeeken n Webster while gale ran the left side. I see ricco as a replacement for gale so hopefully he'll play him on left n truey right.
Trueman has hardly ever played with Gale, maybe half a dozen times. He has had eight half back partners in just under 60 games; QLT, Tom Holmes, Aston, Ellis, Mcshane, Mata'utia and Rankin and Gale. He appears never to have started a game with Ben Roberts. Hopefully this season will see him playing alongside Richardson for well over 30 games.
cum on you Ford

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jan 2020, 02:11

Aid wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 18:31
Trueman has hardly ever played with Gale, maybe half a dozen times. He has had eight half back partners in just under 60 games; QLT, Tom Holmes, Aston, Ellis, Mcshane, Mata'utia and Rankin and Gale. He appears never to have started a game with Ben Roberts. Hopefully this season will see him playing alongside Richardson for well over 30 games.
Interesting factual post which gives some real perspective

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jan 2020, 12:44

Trueman looks class to me every time he touches the ball, tackles like a trojan as well ,i was against Gale going for DR just on how good Gale will be for Leeds but under our coaches DR should become the real deal
I was just looking online at the players out of contract at end of this year one that stood out to me was Evalds we should be going all out to get him imo you have Evalds Truey DR as your 1-6-7 under Powell your a fair way to having a champion team
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jan 2020, 14:18

tigerfeat wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 12:44 Trueman looks class to me every time he touches the ball, tackles like a trojan as well ,i was against Gale going for DR just on how good Gale will be for Leeds but under our coaches DR should become the real deal
I was just looking online at the players out of contract at end of this year one that stood out to me was Evalds we should be going all out to get him imo you have Evalds Truey DR as your 1-6-7 under Powell your a fair way to having a champion team
Looks good on paper but would be such a waste without same level or upgrades on Millington, Moors, JSL and McMeekan (if he goes)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jan 2020, 14:38

Yes we defo need another top prop to play with wattsy that's what I'd be looking at Evalds and good prop and trying to replace like for like as best you can with the players you mention if they leave or anybody else who leaves we still have a chance but the signings we make have to be good ones we can't afford to get things wrong for 2021 season with the comings and goings I don't think
Vince Lombardi

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 21 Jan 2020, 14:56

Fumper27 wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 14:18
tigerfeat wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 12:44 Trueman looks class to me every time he touches the ball, tackles like a trojan as well ,i was against Gale going for DR just on how good Gale will be for Leeds but under our coaches DR should become the real deal
Looks good on paper but would be such a waste without same level or upgrades on Millington, Moors, JSL and McMeekan (if he goes)
Very true fumper also had a centre to that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jan 2020, 14:58

on side wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 14:56
Don't you think Blair will come good at all then mate ?
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jan 2020, 16:15

on side wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 14:56
Don’t need a centre with Shenton, Blair and Mata’utia all contracted for 2021. Money should be spent where needed (full back and forwards).

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Jan 2020, 17:07

tigerfeat wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 12:44 I was just looking online at the players out of contract at end of this year one that stood out to me was Evalds we should be going all out to get him imo you have Evalds Truey DR as your 1-6-7 under Powell your a fair way to having a champion team
Evalds would be ideal. We should have no issues getting him under the cap next year with the options we have for letting players go.
We’re also unlikely to face too much competition from the other teams for him, as they seem to have full-backs for the foreseeable future (Hardaker/French at Wigan, Coote at Saints, Ratchford at Warrington, Shaul at Hull, Walker at Leeds, Tomkins at Catalans).
I did wonder when we let Ellis go whether a full-back was in the pipeline for this year, with Rankin covering the halves. If Evalds is out of contract next year, Salford might be tempted to cash in on him now rather than lose him for nothing. Especially if we can offer them a full-back/winger in return, perhaps one who seems to have lost his place in the team.......

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Jan 2020, 00:23

nottinghamtiger wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 17:07
tigerfeat wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 12:44 I was just looking online at the players out of contract at end of this year one that stood out to me was Evalds we should be going all out to get him imo you have Evalds Truey DR as your 1-6-7 under Powell your a fair way to having a champion team
Evalds would be ideal. We should have no issues getting him under the cap next year with the options we have for letting players go.
We’re also unlikely to face too much competition from the other teams for him, as they seem to have full-backs for the foreseeable future (Hardaker/French at Wigan, Coote at Saints, Ratchford at Warrington, Shaul at Hull, Walker at Leeds, Tomkins at Catalans).
I did wonder when we let Ellis go whether a full-back was in the pipeline for this year, with Rankin covering the halves. If Evalds is out of contract next year, Salford might be tempted to cash in on him now rather than lose him for nothing. Especially if we can offer them a full-back/winger in return, perhaps one who seems to have lost his place in the team.......
Shaul is also up at end of year so hull might want an upgrade as I sew NE as an upgrade on JS

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Jan 2020, 08:51

If he wants an upgrade he won’t be coming to Cas then will he?