Toronto at Headingley

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
BrazilTiger

Re: Toronto at Headingley

Post by BrazilTiger » 04 Feb 2020, 02:56

Long time reader of this forum, first time contributor. Hello to all 😀

Firstly a massive thanks to the people who run this forum. I imagine it takes a huge investment of their time to do so, and there would be no forum without that effort 👏👏👏

Secondly, everyone who reads and contributes to this forum shares a love of the greatest game there is and of Cas Tigers in general. So hats off to all that always respect the opinions of others and try to keep even criticism as something constructive.

I didn't get to see the game yesterday so cannot comment on the match or individual performances. That said, my two pence worth:

- this was a potential banana skin of a first game, and sounds like the win was never in doubt. So well done Cas.
- we have 2 very young but extremely talented British half backs for 2020 and beyond. It will take time for them to peak, but that is very exciting for our club. And we have the coaches to get the best out of them.
- really pleased to read Greg Eden had a good game, can still be a massive player for us in my opinion

Win or lose I hope we stay true to our classy cas culture and take the game to teams in 2020 in the way we did in 2017 (when everything went right) and didn't do in 2019 (when for me we looked very predictable).

Wigan next will be a very different challenge. Great pack and some real talent in the backs too. They will be there or thereabouts this year, but at home I think and hope we can beat them.

For me Cas' aim this year must be to achieve home games in the playoffs. That's the only way I can see us getting another crack at a grand final. But several teams look strong this year especially Saints, Wigan and Hull.

COYF
Cheers

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 04 Feb 2020, 05:41

Well said and welcome Braziltiger

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 05 Feb 2020, 18:37

Welcome onboard Braziltiger, enjoy the bumpy ride on here!
Danny Boy

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Feb 2020, 00:01

Good to have you with us Braziltiger.

Enjoy the debate and banter.