Gale interview on Sky sports News

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Gale interview on Sky sports News

Post by frainthepain » 03 Jan 2020, 16:29

Little bit of a dig at Cas.... Enjoying Pre season, World class facilities not missing training in and out of freezing port a cabins in past... :shock:

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: Gale interview on Sky sports News

Post by Matt » 03 Jan 2020, 16:34

Let him say it, we'll see how he goes on the pitch this season.

He needs to remember that it was those training facilities that helped revive his career and put him in a position to win MOS and other awards.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jan 2020, 16:34

those lovely facilities have not done Leeds much good over recent years long may it continue

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2020, 16:40

(REMOVED)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jan 2020, 16:51

You can have all the world class facilities in the world, but when you're coached by Richard Agar they mean diddly squat.
I wonder how he's finding the quality of coaching compared to his previous club?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Jan 2020, 17:26

Haha is this the guy who was told he had to leave Cas by is Mrs.

Silly bald tw*t

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 03 Jan 2020, 17:29

The problem with statements like these is the fact you've said positive things about previous clubs when you were there so your current comments could be seen as disingenuous.

Anyway, he still needs to concentrate on surviving the season, both physically and where his team will end up.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2020, 17:34

Best not to disrespect your former club we did a lot for him and he did for us up to the 2017 final when he got schooled by Maguire
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jan 2020, 18:03

He’s got a point too, though, hasn’t he?
We wonder why we don’t attract or retain our best players. Like anyone, they want a working environment that will help them to be as successful as possible. Training facilities are a big part of this.
And guess why we haven’t invested in training facilities? Well, what’s the point when we are moving to a new ground so will transform WR into a state-of-the-art training facility,
Another pipe-dream and excuse for not failing to address another area where we fall so far behind other SL (and some Championship) clubs.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 03 Jan 2020, 18:44

frainthepain wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:29 Little bit of a dig at Cas.... Enjoying Pre season, World class facilities not missing training in and out of freezing port a cabins in past... :shock:
Hardly a dig.

Likely just a statement of fact.

I've long argued that in a salary capped sport, the facilities used for training, conditioning, rehabilitation, and so on, are an important part of attracting and retaining talented players, as well as keeping their morale and team spirit up.

It's a huge testament to the coaching staff at this club that they are able to keep players happy and performing to a high standard when they're having to work out of facilities worse than my amateur Rugby Union club.

As a final point; I think it says a lot about how thin skinned some people are that they're reacting to a player not being 100% complimentary about his former club. Just get over it. He's not our player anymore so who cares what he says?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 03 Jan 2020, 18:55

He is correct and I don’t see this as a dig at all. He is just telling it as it is. Facilities don’t make you a quality player. Coaching and your own qualities do.

Whatever he says or does now is not a concern to me. He has gone and I believe we will be better for this as we got a player that will hopefully stay, play and be a big part in our future. Gale for certain would not have done this any more in my view.

I feel we have come out well on top in this deal, just for a change.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 03 Jan 2020, 20:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 18:55 He is correct and I don’t see this as a dig at all. He is just telling it as it is. Facilities don’t make you a quality player. Coaching and your own qualities do.

Whatever he says or does now is not a concern to me. He has gone and I believe we will be better for this as we got a player that will hopefully stay, play and be a big part in our future. Gale for certain would not have done this any more in my view.

I feel we have come out well on top in this deal, just for a change.
I feel same. He did us a favour

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 03 Jan 2020, 20:40

Who cares what a former player says? Galey is exactly that, and he would do well not to slag off a club that helped him to reach the heights that he did and visa versa. Sure we might not have the world class facilities but we'll see what difference they make at the end of the season. He was good for Cas without a doubt, but Cas was good for him without a doubt. COYF 🐯

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 03 Jan 2020, 21:38

Our facilities are woeful. Our changing rooms are woeful. It's probably much better.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Jan 2020, 22:12

yes, everybody knows our facilities are poor but the issue here is why he felt the need to mention it in a media interview. Poor form, I hope someone clatters him the first time he touches the ball by means of a thank you.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 03 Jan 2020, 22:39

Hope somebody knocks his hair off :-$
🐯 COYF!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 04 Jan 2020, 00:25

I think he is being entirely honest. Our ground is a disgrace for a top RL team

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 04 Jan 2020, 09:06

Some of us complain about the facilities ,so i don't know why we are getting touchy when players or fans of rival clubs comment on it.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 04 Jan 2020, 09:20

Who cares what he says. He's nailed his colours to the mast now get on with it. Probably only play a few games for Leeds then throw another sick note in for rest of season. Because mark my words he'll not come out of every game injury free. Especially when the Tigers are roaming the jungle. Bring it on COYF.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 04 Jan 2020, 09:57

Although being factually correct what he says, the class thing to do would be to say nothing at all. Just acknowledge the fact that Cas resurrected his ailing career, at least tripled his earning potential, made him a household name in Rugby League terms, gave him the opportunity to win the man of steel and league leaders shield, win international honours and support him through two injury plagued seasons. I guess you can’t buy class. Should ensure him a tasty welcome on his return next year when we play them anyway.