3 game pack

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

3 game pack

Post by johnboy » 29 Dec 2019, 16:35

After many supporters I know have decided not to renew season tickets because they can not get to enough games (for a variety of reasons) I wonder how many would be interested in the idea of a 3 match (or five match) pack?

Rhinos seem to think it is a good idea and offer this with other season ticket benefits (e.g. priority booking for big games).

https://tickets.therhinos.co.uk/PagesPu ... =3GamePack

I am not suggesting we should do it just because Rhinos do it but it would certainly interest me, whereas the season ticket renewal did not. So, do they want my money?
Be reasonable - do it my way!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: 3 game pack

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Dec 2019, 16:52

Leeds have a large enough fanbase to get away with it. Whereas our apathetic fanbase would ditch STs to save money and the club would end up losing out on money.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Dec 2019, 17:34

HuddsTigers wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 16:52 Leeds have a large enough fanbase to get away with it. Whereas our apathetic fanbase would ditch STs to save money and the club would end up losing out on money.
They’d earn money from me.
I haven’t got a season ticket this year, but I’d buy a three game pass.
Hudds, I think your point would be valid if we were looking at ‘half’ season tickets, but I don’t think many people who buy a season ticket would ditch one in favour of a three game pass. There’s a massive difference between the two.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Dec 2019, 18:01

With STs costing £260 for advanced prices, ST holders only get 2 and a bit games free.

Leeds' pricing only seems to knock an extra few quid off, which I don't think is worth it.

It would only be an extra £40 a season if you were to buy one of these and pay on the gate for the other 11 games than committing to a ST. But then it would give fans the ability to ditch games they didn't/couldn't want to attend so club could end up losing out if someone misses 2/3 games. Particularly with a fanbase that has a lot of Leeds Utd fans too. Much more likely fans will think sod it I'll get the 3 game pass for the big games and then go watch footy instead, particularly if they go up.

Just think it is counterintuitive for a club of our size. If there was a reasonable business and financial case for it, the club would have done it.

I'd much prefer a membership that offers an additional discount on tickets for games/merchandise than actual tickets.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 29 Dec 2019, 18:39

HuddsTigers wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 18:01 With STs costing £260 for advanced prices, ST holders only get 2 and a bit games free.

Leeds' pricing only seems to knock an extra few quid off, which I don't think is worth it.

It would only be an extra £40 a season if you were to buy one of these and pay on the gate for the other 11 games than committing to a ST. But then it would give fans the ability to ditch games they didn't/couldn't want to attend so club could end up losing out if someone misses 2/3 games. Particularly with a fanbase that has a lot of Leeds Utd fans too. Much more likely fans will think sod it I'll get the 3 game pass for the big games and then go watch footy instead, particularly if they go up.

Just think it is counterintuitive for a club of our size. If there was a reasonable business and financial case for it, the club would have done it.

I'd much prefer a membership that offers an additional discount on tickets for games/merchandise than actual tickets.
It would definitely interest me, I can’t make every game but would be willing to pay up front for 3 or 5 games even if it only saved a couple of quid.

I would also say there are times on thurs/fri when I get home from work if it’s on tv the temptation is to stay at home.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Dec 2019, 19:38

i buy a season ticket getting a bit more benefit to cover games that i miss for a number of reasons by watching our junior teams and this year the seconds, why the hell the club wants to stage these games to compete with TV games is beyond me

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 29 Dec 2019, 21:10

Never knew you went to all the junior games Gateman? You never mentioned it?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 30 Dec 2019, 05:01

nottinghamtiger wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 17:34
HuddsTigers wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 16:52 Leeds have a large enough fanbase to get away with it. Whereas our apathetic fanbase would ditch STs to save money and the club would end up losing out on money.
They’d earn money from me.
I haven’t got a season ticket this year, but I’d buy a three game pass.
Hudds, I think your point would be valid if we were looking at ‘half’ season tickets, but I don’t think many people who buy a season ticket would ditch one in favour of a three game pass. There’s a massive difference between the two.
yep all this would do is get people what go to half a dozen games saving money . It wouldn't make them go to more games they'd still pick the big ones .
TM Out

Fevtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fevtiger » 30 Dec 2019, 07:48

I would definitely be interested in a 3 or 5 game pass I got a season ticket last yr and there were games I could of stayed at home n watched it on sky cos weather was terrible but having a season u need to go to make it worth while and with all moaning that went on hear last season about fixture changes cos of sky n people not being able to get cos of work I'm sure they'd be a few more it would interest to

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 30 Dec 2019, 09:53

It’s a great idea from a fans point of view. From a business point of view it probably doesn’t work. The club want you committed to go in all weathers, and when it’s on Sky. As you have mentioned, a season ticket makes you do that. Your a better fan than me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Dec 2019, 10:17

Not heard it mentioned how season ticket sales have gone ?
One thing that the powers that be know getting the team playing like it did in 2017 with quality players like Zak and luke gale in it speccies with turn up in big numbers to follow cas tigers home or away
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 30 Dec 2019, 10:20

If a "3 pack" was available I would be down there now spending my Christmas money on 4 for the family. Club would be sure of money for 12 match tickets (almost a season ticket) plus whatever else we spend on beer, Roar, food.

As it is not an available option we will decide on each game as it comes and consider the weather, work commitments, other opportunities, the drummer and whether I can afford £100 at the time.

I am not "apathetic", I live in the real world.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Dec 2019, 11:05

tigerfeat wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 10:17 Not heard it mentioned how season ticket sales have gone ?
One thing that the powers that be know getting the team playing like it did in 2017 with quality players like Zak and luke gale in it speccies with turn up in big numbers to follow cas tigers home or away
The club said they were up 5%. But from what I hear, and it’s only rumour, they meant 5% more had renewed before the end of the early-bird deadline compared to last year. That’s not an increase in actual sales.
Looking at the seating plan (and I know that’s not all season tickets) there are far fewer seats taken by season tickets for next year than there were last season.

Back to the three game package; pre-payment is guaranteed income. At the moment the club have £0.00 income in ticket sales from anyone who doesn’t have a ST. A three game package would bring in money. The club might need to build in some conditions, such as stipulating they must be used in the first half if the season perhaps. This would entice people to attend and hopefully then mean they attend further matches and pay on the gate for games later in the season.
And once they have been tempted enough, they might become ST holders in 2021.
The club has no strategic direction in terms of growing income though, so they won’t realise the potential that a three-game pass has for both immediate and longer-term income.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Dec 2019, 11:40

Casforthecup wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 09:53 It’s a great idea from a fans point of view. From a business point of view it probably doesn’t work. The club want you committed to go in all weathers, and when it’s on Sky. As you have mentioned, a season ticket makes you do that. Your a better fan than me.
I very much doubt three-game passes would cannibalise season ticket sales.
There’s a massive difference between paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket and less than a hundred quid for a three-game pass.
Those who can attended regularly enough to buy a season ticket aren’t going to not do so in favour of paying for three games.
If the idea was a ‘half’ season ticket then I think that would be tempting for ST holders and would be a bad idea. But a three-game pass is aimed at those fans who don’t buy a season ticket.
The club have done something similar before, with combined tickets available for a set pair or trio of games. The only condition the club need to put on a three game ticket is that only games in the first half of the season are eligible. Get people through the gates and hopefully enjoying the experience and they’ll come back and pay for individual games later in the year.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Dec 2019, 11:50

I’m actually tempted to buy a Leeds 3-game pass.
Entry to the double header involving Cas v Toronto.
Leeds v Cas on 10th July.
Leeds v Cas on 4th September.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 30 Dec 2019, 12:32

What about 6 or 12 match packages?They could be structured to save people money, but still not cheap enough to deny the fans who go to every game the incentive of buying a season ticket. The bonus for the match package, would be you could use the vouchers in them to exchange them for tickets to gain entry for more than one person to a particular match if you wanted to

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 30 Dec 2019, 13:19

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 11:50 I’m actually tempted to buy a Leeds 3-game pass.
Great thinking, I'll do the same.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Dec 2019, 13:23

Sharlotiger wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 13:19
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 11:50 I’m actually tempted to buy a Leeds 3-game pass.
but you're giving leeds the money rather than buying away tickets from cas :( .
a 5/7 game pack would suit me as i struggle with the long drive back after evening games.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Dec 2019, 13:54

lurcher wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 13:23
Sharlotiger wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 13:19
but you're giving leeds the money rather than buying away tickets from cas :( .
Well that’s good business sense from Leeds. If Cas offered a similar package, I’d buy one.
Since last year, I’ve taken the attitude that I’m treating to club like any other company I deal with - as a customer. If I can buy the same thing for cheaper elsewhere, the club needs to realise they are losing money.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 30 Dec 2019, 14:21

Makes sense - as each match requires a trip to the ground/Xscape/Shop to buy the ticket beforehand, to take advantage of a slight discount (and to avoid the queues at the ticket office on match day)

If you need to travel a reasonable distance in order to pick up a ticket, then I'm sure people would prefer just the single trip.