Boxing Day - Team

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Boxing Day - Team

Post by Juscas » 26 Dec 2019, 19:46

Club made some money,nobody got an injury we know of,job done move on

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Dec 2019, 21:49

Glad to be walking down the lane again, the second half more entertaining than the first, only size beat us in the end, Bulls pack a couple of stone heavier across the park,It seems reading these posts that we have found our scrape goat for the second team in Turner i did not think the lad had a bad game to say we were beaten in the forwards , if any of the board reads this try and make it easier to buy a coffee massive queues at both outside catering vans

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 26 Dec 2019, 23:08

HuddsTigers wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 16:34
braytontiger wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 15:10
In all due respect there were only 2 academy players making there senior debuts today because 5/6 others played 1 game in the 1865 cup last season in a heavy defeat to barrow.
I’ll say it again the Bradford team had as many kids in as us most of which played a lot of minutes compared to ours.
Yes it’s not our first team and we are at a stage of the year when these results can happen. It will not have any bearing on our chances for the year but it does highlight that the squad isn’t quite as deep as some people have suggested.

Only Joe Brown (signed from Wigan academy) and Brad Gallagher had played a tiny figure amount of games from their starting line up. (2 and 1 respectively).

Adam Rooks played 6 times for KR in SL and CC last season if you want to count him too.

Rest double figures except for Greg Johnson who seemed to be behind players at Salford I think and maybe was injured but has loads of SL experience.

Bench wise, the two debutant kids and then Scurr and Foster played 1 game. Doyle 4 games last year, Foggin-Johnston double figures. Barlow experienced forward before drugs ban.

A lot have regular game time and Championship experience between them. Sure they have lost experience like Webster, Ryan, Wildie. Just think when you look at it on paper, that's a workmanlike Championship side that will still be competitive, playing against our reserves and U19s in second half.

Worth pointing out that in our first team Hepi, Graham and Summers don't have SL experience. O'Neill only played 12 games.

And if we are going on this forum, Clare, Matautia, Turner are Championship players so not that much difference :)
If I am correct the centre Graham is only just 18 yrs of age. Second occasion playing against full grown men. Immediate opposite numbers were Rhys Evans and Greg Johnson. Young Graham and ‘Sticks’ worked in great tandem together the whole game. The Bulls never looked like scoring down their edge all day. All youngsters looked unfit!! Nah!

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 26 Dec 2019, 23:15

Squaddie86 wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 16:51 Merry Christmas all.

Love the idea that there are people who think there are any takeaways from today. Not one performance mattered on either side of the ball. It's that simple.

Bit of a cobweb blower for the players and an afternoon out of the house for the crowd. That's all today is.
Spot on!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 26 Dec 2019, 23:39

Anyone know why Lewis Carr didn’t play ?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Dec 2019, 09:01

Tigersbarmy wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 23:39 Anyone know why Lewis Carr didn’t play ?
i was thinking the same, the season before last Lewis topped the 19s scoring with nearly 40 trys having watched him a number of times last year we only saw glimpses of what the lad is capable of, he seemed to run out of steam in an effort to build his stamina up he was put to full back

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Dec 2019, 11:29

stevieblunder wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 15:48 I was very impressed with Declan Gregory.
For me , his performance was one of the few highlights of the game.
No idea how old he is, but his tackling, support play and enthusiasm were excellent.
He looked about 14 but I agree was one of the few bright spots ...I give him a chance if you've got the right spirit you won't go far wrong
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Dec 2019, 11:36

North Leeds Tiger wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 15:43 Declan Gregory looked very sharp at Hooker, coming on for O’Neill, however he appears to be smaller than Robbie Burrow.
Apart from that not much to get excited about. Eden chimed in the line we’ll from Full back well but then threw some wild passes which wasn’t entirely surprising.
Im annoyed we lost but glad I went
tested positive after the game....................................................................................................................................................for calpol :D
jo brand is eddie warings love child

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 27 Dec 2019, 13:10

tigerfeat wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 11:29
stevieblunder wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 15:48 I was very impressed with Declan Gregory.
No idea how old he is, but his tackling, support play and enthusiasm were excellent.
He looked about 14 but I agree was one of the few bright spots ...I give him a chance if you've got the right spirit you won't go far wrong
Yes he looked like a small teenager and I had to laugh as, when he got heavily tackled, one of our fans in the Wheldon Road end shouted out "That's F.ck..ng Child Abuse That " !! I have always liked the sense of Humour that has always existed daaan lane !!!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Dec 2019, 14:38

CasRus wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 13:10
Yes he looked like a small teenager and I had to laugh as, when he got heavily tackled, one of our fans in the Wheldon Road end shouted out "That's F.ck..ng Child Abuse That " !! I have always liked the sense of Humour that has always existed daaan lane !!!
I’m told he’s 22/23 years old who’s been brought in to bolster the reserves,same as Tom Schofield

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 27 Dec 2019, 17:02

Think some bright parts to take from a dust the cobwebs of game thought Graham in the centres went well seemed strong and took a decent ball over top of Bradford players late in the second half declan Gregory was a real good spark thought summer did cracking good 70 mins had bits of it all and didn't shirk any work.
Thought oneil had a good 30 mins stint.
Backs never really got the chance there pack way out powered ours to lay a platform. Was a decent watch second half defo more entertaining than first.
What is a big notice for me is Turner isn't anywhere near up to a super league 6/7 and we're a big prop short I know we had plenty out but millo absolute work horse but doesn't punch any holes. With jnr cook Watts injured already think were still behind the ball of some teams without recruitment in these areas for me.
Also quiet confused over no Lewis Carr playing aswell I don't think he got a contract at the end of the year or not full time anyway but seemed to have been training with us?
Also thought strange that clare played full 80 yet olpherts only 1st half and for all Powell gave him some praise I really didn't see what he saw and thought on Bradfords second try when Eden fumbled kick he was sluggish and didn't try hard enough to get up to ball Bradford players streamed passed him.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Dec 2019, 18:15

braytontiger wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 14:38
I’m told he’s 22/23 years old who’s been brought in to bolster the reserves,same as Tom Schofield
Looks like he's a former Rochdale player, Gregory, and from Wigan.

Schofield seems to have been at Cas before. Was part of the 16's set up in 2015 if it's the same one here: http://tigers.strawjonny.com/player.php?id=98.

Went to Leeds to play in their 19s by the looks of it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Dec 2019, 18:28

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 18:15
braytontiger wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 14:38
Looks like he's a former Rochdale player, Gregory, and from Wigan.

Schofield seems to have been at Cas before. Was part of the 16's set up in 2015 if it's the same one here: http://tigers.strawjonny.com/player.php?id=98.

Went to Leeds to play in their 19s by the looks of it.
Yes it the same one, he was released after scholarship then he went to Leeds then Wakefield. Last year he was at featherstone reserves

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Dec 2019, 21:59

gateman wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 09:01
Tigersbarmy wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 23:39 Anyone know why Lewis Carr didn’t play ?
i was thinking the same, the season before last Lewis topped the 19s scoring with nearly 40 trys having watched him a number of times last year we only saw glimpses of what the lad is capable of, he seemed to run out of steam in an effort to build his stamina up he was put to full back
Maybe behind closed doors he isn’t displaying the necessary attributes that DP requires??? It’s not all about what happens on game day

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Dec 2019, 01:22

correct fumper
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Dec 2019, 18:48

lurcher wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 01:22 correct fumper

Got to love how people on here literally know all the ins and outs of not only our club but every other SL too.

Laughable......

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Dec 2019, 20:39

fords wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 18:48
lurcher wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 01:22 correct fumper

Got to love how people on here literally know all the ins and outs of not only our club but every other SL too.

Laughable......
I posted a question followed by an observation,
which I’m guessing that Lurcher agreed with. How that leads to knowing “all the ins and outs of not only our club but every other SL too” is anyone’s guess...

GarryP

Post by GarryP » 31 Dec 2019, 13:59

Poor start regardless of how it is dressed up: , new players needing to gel, academy players having a run, friendly etc. Winning is what they want, good positive feeling, habitual, momentum. Injury list already worrying.