Shenton

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8469
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am

the machine wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am
Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am
If one thing is apparent from that squad, and given we’re bound to suffer in season injuries, I think it is absolutely vital we recruit at the very least one metre eating prop forward with a decent offload.
The prop situation worries me.
Doesnt even need the offload just one that will put his head down and run through a wall
I thought wells plan would be to bring another top prop in to play with wattsy when he let Clark go ,Hepi not looked a great deal tho its early days
Imagine Griffin will do a good job but we do look light in forwards with doubts over junior moors and milo looking shot to bits at times last season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Shenton

Post by Mysterio » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 pm

the machine wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am
Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am
If one thing is apparent from that squad, and given we’re bound to suffer in season injuries, I think it is absolutely vital we recruit at the very least one metre eating prop forward with a decent offload.
The prop situation worries me.
Doesnt even need the offload just one that will put his head down and run through a wall
Agree, a Lee Jewitt type would be more than acceptable - theres surely some props knocking about who are granite that can be coached.

Maybe Hepi is the man but I genuinely believe we need a real handful of an extra prop.

Unless the backs strengthening has been chosen over an extra forward

I’d rather swap Matautia for a prop.
Audacter Et Sincere

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by heritage1926 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Wonder if Stuart Fielden fancies a season.

Show 'n' Go
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by Show 'n' Go » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 pm

From the bits I've seen of Hepi, he is a prop with go forward and an offload on him.

I think he could be a decent little find for us!


(Queue him not playing a game and leaving at the end of the season)

User avatar
jackknife
Luke Gale
Posts: 3555
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: york

Re: Shenton

Post by jackknife » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Sign Kylie Leului up :lol:
Image

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8469
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:49 pm

When flow used to come on hed say every week play Blair in forwards then you might see a player ...maybe that's the thinking 🤔
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by heritage1926 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Show 'n' Go wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 pm
From the bits I've seen of Hepi, he is a prop with go forward and an offload on him.

I think he could be a decent little find for us!


(Queue him not playing a game and leaving at the end of the season)
One of the better Championship players in that division over the last few years. I also don't get where this, he couldn't get in the Toulouse team has come from, either from people on here that don't seem to rate him. He's played 108 games for them from 2016-2019 (70% of them playing at prop too!)

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9804
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Shenton

Post by the machine » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 pm
the machine wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am
Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am
If one thing is apparent from that squad, and given we’re bound to suffer in season injuries, I think it is absolutely vital we recruit at the very least one metre eating prop forward with a decent offload.
The prop situation worries me.
Doesnt even need the offload just one that will put his head down and run through a wall
Agree, a Lee Jewitt type would be more than acceptable - theres surely some props knocking about who are granite that can be coached.

Maybe Hepi is the man but I genuinely believe we need a real handful of an extra prop.

Unless the backs strengthening has been chosen over an extra forward

I’d rather swap Matautia for a prop.
Another jewitt definitely wouldn't go a amiss right now
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3833
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:16 pm

the machine wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:30 pm
Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 pm
the machine wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am
Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am
If one thing is apparent from that squad, and given we’re bound to suffer in season injuries, I think it is absolutely vital we recruit at the very least one metre eating prop forward with a decent offload.
The prop situation worries me.
Doesnt even need the offload just one that will put his head down and run through a wall
Agree, a Lee Jewitt type would be more than acceptable - theres surely some props knocking about who are granite that can be coached.

Maybe Hepi is the man but I genuinely believe we need a real handful of an extra prop.

Unless the backs strengthening has been chosen over an extra forward

I’d rather swap Matautia for a prop.
Another jewitt definitely wouldn't go a amiss right now
I’d love to see us bring in Matty English from Huddersfield. Looks like an excellent player every time I’ve seen him and he’s only just turned 22.

duke street 10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: glasshoughton,our new home?

Re: Shenton

Post by duke street 10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 pm

I think Hepi and Griffin would be wasted at prop. I agree with other posters another out & out starting prop would be great but feel we will use Jesse & Massey as make do's in that position when Watts,Smith or Millington are out.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3833
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 pm

duke street 10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 pm
I think Hepi and Griffin would be wasted at prop. I agree with other posters another out & out starting prop would be great but feel we will use Jesse & Massey as make do's in that position when Watts,Smith or Millington are out.
I don’t mind Massey playing at prop. We’ve got Milner and Griffin who can play at 13.

Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Shenton

Post by Mysterio » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:18 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 pm
duke street 10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 pm
I think Hepi and Griffin would be wasted at prop. I agree with other posters another out & out starting prop would be great but feel we will use Jesse & Massey as make do's in that position when Watts,Smith or Millington are out.
I don’t mind Massey playing at prop. We’ve got Milner and Griffin who can play at 13.
I like Massey as a prop. It’s basically wheee he always plays anyway. He’s never wide of the ruck.

However whatever options we have available I still think we’re a heavy middle man light
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by gateman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:45 pm

young Peachey is being touted about as one for future but as now with what i have seen he needs more time , may be after a season with our second team he may make the grade , Brad Graham has had two good run outs in the friendly's but the lad is a back

Nobody
Junior Moors
Posts: 937
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:21 am

Re: Shenton

Post by Nobody » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 pm

Sonny Bill named in 21 man squad for Toronto.

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Shenton

Post by heritage1926 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Back on topic.

All the best to Shenton on Sunday and for the foreseeable. Whatever people think of his current ability in this side, he’s been an absolute model pro and an ambassador for this club.

He can also probably count himself very unlucky that he doesn’t have 2 Grand Finals rings. Had he not been injured and had to go off v Leeds in 2011 for Saints, they’d have more than likely won. Less said about 2017 the better.

Hope he enjoys his testimonial year and captains us to a big prize.

Post Reply