Shenton

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shenton

Post by blinkstudios » 22 Jan 2020, 13:59

The 2 tries we scored on Sunday show what we can do when we pass the ball, my question is why doesn't Powell have the team passing the ball more. He seems to have gone for the Shaun Wane approach of up the jumper ???????

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Jan 2020, 14:33

blinkstudios wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 13:59 The 2 tries we scored on Sunday show what we can do when we pass the ball, my question is why doesn't Powell have the team passing the ball more. He seems to have gone for the Shaun Wane approach of up the jumper ???????
Practice for how we will have to play in Oct in the grand final :pray:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jan 2020, 14:47

There was just over 3,500 watch Wigan v Leeds on Sunday about 5,000 watched the play off knock out match wire v cas unless we change the way the game is being played it will slowly die a death with not too meny arsed about it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Jan 2020, 18:47

tigerfeat wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:47 There was just over 3,500 watch Wigan v Leeds on Sunday about 5,000 watched the play off knock out match wire v cas unless we change the way the game is being played it will slowly die a death with not too meny arsed about it
I agree it's very boring nowadays. Far more enjoyable and exciting in the early 2000's it was.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Jan 2020, 20:18

Perhaps the game is now too focused on bulk rather than twinkle
Audacter Et Sincere

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 22 Jan 2020, 20:22

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:53
Squaddie86 wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 22:46

A league leaders shield, a grand final and a challenge cup final? Challenging for playoff spots in every single year?

In other words, further than any other Castleford coach in the Super League era?

So go on then, who do you think is going to take Castleford any further than this? Which wizard out there will be able to take a shoestring budget and some of the worst training facilities in professional sports, and turn that into opportunities to win trophies?

The problem isn't Powell.
Trophies?
2017 League Leaders shield.

Only top division trophy Castleford have won in my 33 years on earth.

Only piece of top division silverware Castleford have won in the Super League era.

In its entire 98 or 99 year existence Castleford has never ever won a top division championship.

So... i put it to the audience again: If Powell has "taken us as far as we can go", then what mythical person is going to take the club further?

A very small minority of people have let a few years not being relegation fodder go to their heads and are acting like Wigan fans, expecting a trophy every year and demanding the coaches head for not delivering.

Once Powell goes, Castleford will be fighting to avoid relegation, not fighting for playoff spots as they've done every year Powell has coached.

... so yes, i suppose that would give us more shots at trophies. The championship grand final, the 1895 cup...

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Jan 2020, 20:30

Sharlotiger wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 14:09
blinkstudios wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 13:58 Have a feeling Powell has kept a few attacking moves in the locker for the Headingley game. Doesn't want to let them know our game too much for 2 weeks time.
As Powell got anything left in the locker, he as turned an attractive side to watch in to the most boring side in SL over the past couple of seasons , yesterday show cased what another uninspiring year we could be in for.
Hardaker
Dorn
Webster
Gale
And dare I say it...even (prime) Roberts.
These still feel like gaping holes left. Not properly replaced
Plus taking into account the deterioration of Mcshane, Millo, Milner, Moors and Eden.
So far away from 2017 it's depressing. Especially when you think it looked like we could have built a legacy on the back of that.

Trueman and Richardson have some promise. Watts is quality. Feki has high Hope's attached. The rest is a mix of some reasonable triers, several busted flushes, some very average filler and inconsistent disappointments.

If we get even a sniff of a trophy it will be an absolute miracle or an indictment of how poor the league has become.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Jan 2020, 10:50

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 20:30
Sharlotiger wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 14:09
blinkstudios wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 13:58 Have a feeling Powell has kept a few attacking moves in the locker for the Headingley game. Doesn't want to let them know our game too much for 2 weeks time.
As Powell got anything left in the locker, he as turned an attractive side to watch in to the most boring side in SL over the past couple of seasons , yesterday show cased what another uninspiring year we could be in for.
Hardaker
Dorn
Webster
Gale
And dare I say it...even (prime) Roberts.
These still feel like gaping holes left. Not properly replaced
Plus taking into account the deterioration of Mcshane, Millo, Milner, Moors and Eden.
So far away from 2017 it's depressing. Especially when you think it looked like we could have built a legacy on the back of that.

Trueman and Richardson have some promise. Watts is quality. Feki has high Hope's attached. The rest is a mix of some reasonable triers, several busted flushes, some very average filler and inconsistent disappointments.

If we get even a sniff of a trophy it will be an absolute miracle or an indictment of how poor the league has become.
AGAIN we come around to Jon Wells.

Surely this guy was/is responsible for getting the big deals organised and over the line.

Hardaker was on 100k plus.
Webster not far off
Dorn same as Webbo
Gale top earner.

These are just some examples.

I have never, ever, witnessed such a waste of potential at club. under Wells’ direction, we have gone backwards without question whatsoever.
Audacter Et Sincere