AGM

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: AGM

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Dec 2019, 21:12

I have to say that if that’s correct (and I have no reason to assume that it isn’t) , I’m stunned that the Council would grant a planning permission for a major green belt development with no requirement that the main community gain ( the Stadium) would be safeguarded long term as a community asset. I hope that the stadium site has covenants on to guarantee its long term use for sport

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 15 Dec 2019, 22:05

Does anyone really think a new retail park will open there?
Retail as you will see (post Christmas ) in the traditional way is in serious decline.
Funding will never be found to build retail as we stand.
Bad timing again but the cycle is against us.
Let’s hope there is a plan B

Robbo
Truth is always best !

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 15 Dec 2019, 22:27

Robbo wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 22:05 Does anyone really think a new retail park will open there?
Retail as you will see (post Christmas ) in the traditional way is in serious decline.
Funding will never be found to build retail as we stand.
Bad timing again but the cycle is against us.
Let’s hope there is a plan B

Robbo
At last years agm, it was stated that a 'plan b' would be looked at, however there was no information/indication of how serious or to what that option may be.

Unfortunately shareholders will not be able to ask about this as I understand there will be NO AGM this year.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Dec 2019, 22:37

I'd be interested to know what any plan B could be
Other than spending a shed load of money trying to get the ground upgraded I can't see what other viable options there would be
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Dec 2019, 00:43

I am rather confused not being a shate holder.
But Robbo obviously is and uses the forum to in my opinion vent his spleen as no formal avenue appears available.
If l have misunderstood it's a few years since an AGM was held..
Casmania whom l assume is also a shareholder seemed to indicate an AGM was held last year.
He also seemed to admonish me for mentioning that there was a valid reason for the delay, cancellation, deferment of the AGM
If people post on this forum surely it is there for comment and or debate.
Not for the mods who in general l respect to act as some Orwellian thought police.
I have always wanted the dream to be true but in the real world doubted why anyone would chose to invest millions in such a disadvantaged area.
It never made commercial sense but then again Turkeys have recently voted for Christmas.
So now Brexit will happen
That obstacle is no longer there will the development go ahead.
About as likely as Eton having Rugby League on the curriculum.
It's time to spend money, harness volunteers or whatever.
We are going to be at Wheldon Road for the foreseeable future.
Let's hope the club make a statement soon and action not ling after.
Season Greetings and here to 2020 and many more years at Wheldon Road.
Perhaps we should approach Time Team for Sponsorship.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Dec 2019, 03:38

casjunction wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 00:43 I am rather confused not being a shate holder.
But Robbo obviously is and uses the forum to in my opinion vent his spleen as no formal avenue appears available.
If l have misunderstood it's a few years since an AGM was held..
Casmania whom l assume is also a shareholder seemed to indicate an AGM was held last year.
He also seemed to admonish me for mentioning that there was a valid reason for the delay, cancellation, deferment of the AGM
If people post on this forum surely it is there for comment and or debate.
Not for the mods who in general l respect to act as some Orwellian thought police.
I have always wanted the dream to be true but in the real world doubted why anyone would chose to invest millions in such a disadvantaged area.
It never made commercial sense but then again Turkeys have recently voted for Christmas.
So now Brexit will happen
That obstacle is no longer there will the development go ahead.
About as likely as Eton having Rugby League on the curriculum.
It's time to spend money, harness volunteers or whatever.
We are going to be at Wheldon Road for the foreseeable future.
Let's hope the club make a statement soon and action not ling after.
Season Greetings and here to 2020 and many more years at Wheldon Road.
Perhaps we should approach Time Team for Sponsorship.
You have misunderstood an AGM has been held every year!

I have certainly not admonished you in anyway??? I was suggesting in a broad manner in a comment as to try and avoid any speculation. My general comment was certainly not aimed at you, but it appears you deliberately want to take it that way.
I resent the Orwellian jibe. Without moderation, this forum would quickly descend into nothing but abusive name calling. Its only when abuse, potential libel or thread derailment appears does a mod get involved.
It is a thankless, time consuming task, especially when dealing with numerous private messages and requests from users who complain or report other users/posts.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Dec 2019, 05:47

Here here well said. And totally agree with you.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Dec 2019, 08:26

tigerfeat wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 22:37 I'd be interested to know what any plan B could be
Other than spending a shed load of money trying to get the ground upgraded I can't see what other viable options there would be
Upgrading Wheldon Rd.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Dec 2019, 08:41

That's what we should have started doing ten years ago
It will be a hell of a task now IMO
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Dec 2019, 10:23

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 08:41 That's what we should have started doing ten years ago
It needs knocking down and starting from scratch,sadly something that would cost far too much to be achievable
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Dec 2019, 10:39

the machine wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 10:23
tigerfeat wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 08:41 That's what we should have started doing ten years ago
It needs knocking down and starting from scratch,sadly something that would cost far too much to be achievable
Hence i dont see there being a realistic plan b now
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Dec 2019, 18:47

If we had £20m to spare to do it up. It's not viable when there's an easier and much more affordable plan A. A modern new stadium is worth significantly more what Wheldon Rd could do.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Dec 2019, 18:56

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 18:47
If we had £20m to spare to do it up. It's not viable when there's an easier and much more affordable plan A. A modern new stadium is worth significantly more what Wheldon Rd could do.
Agree ...I just wondered what the plan b was if the site at Glasshoughton with a new ground attached dosnt get built
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Dec 2019, 19:14

The plan B that was in the newsletter 6 months ago was to do up WR. I would imagine it will be similar to Hull KR - probably new main stand first. Ask for £2m from WMDC a la Wakefield.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 16 Dec 2019, 23:15

Cas junction
There has always been an AGM and the thread started by asking if one had been called.
The club was owned by shareholders since its inception.
Due to no fault of shareholders it now seems we are an no longer to be part of that ownership.
Were holders bought out? No
Were holders given a choice ? Yes

However so loaded was the question that some bought into the trust and stoped the club folding.

I and others warned this may happen but the vote was carried.

I think we may get a final AGM if the club are pressurised .
If not only time will tell what the future holds
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 Dec 2019, 12:22

Robbo mate you had the chance to sell your shares you were offered the going rate to buy you out, and at the last minute you pulled out, somewhere on this site it's all their in black and white, if I had the money I would buy the Fultons out. I'd even buy Wrights shares, but I don't, Why don't you and your mates have a go again then you could run the club how you think it should be, I'm not having a go mate just saying if you get a consortium together you might have better luck know Jack is no longer with us. Robbo have a very merry Christmas mate

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 17 Dec 2019, 19:36

Frankas wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 12:22 Robbo mate you had the chance to sell your shares you were offered the going rate to buy you out, and at the last minute you pulled out, somewhere on this site it's all their in black and white, if I had the money I would buy the Fultons out. I'd even buy Wrights shares, but I don't, Why don't you and your mates have a go again then you could run the club how you think it should be, I'm not having a go mate just saying if you get a consortium together you might have better luck know Jack is no longer with us. Robbo have a very merry Christmas mate
Actually, Robbo and others were looking to offload shares.
I pushed for the sale of shares at a meeting held with club officials. This was agreed at that meeting to offer new shares, subject to a minimum buy up of 5 shares @ £40 per share.
At the same time, some existing shareholders were looking to offload some shares. Any share transfer had to be approved by the club. The club were happy to proceed when shares were being transferred between existing shareholders. However, the club were reluctant for existing shareholders to transfer shares to 'new' shareholders as the club would have not benefited financially by those transfers. That impasse was never resolved.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 17 Dec 2019, 23:04

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Report Quote
Post by HuddsTigers » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:14 pm

The plan B that was in the newsletter 6 months ago was to do up WR. I would imagine it will be similar to Hull KR - probably new main stand first. Ask for £2m from WMDC a la Wakefield

Hope I’m not intruding HT, Trinity wasn’t given 2 million, but received a loan, repayments for the next 15 years. This loan is for land purchase, and stadium development is not included. I don’t know how to paste links so I pasted a report from W Express 10th April 2019.
Tigers don’t have to buy their ground. This is a big advantage for securing a loan if Glasshoughton fails.

Wakefield Council papers reveal Trinity paid 'significantly above' market value for Belle Vue ground

A £3.15m loan handed to Wakefield Trinity to buy Belle Vue is nearly double the estimated value of the ground, secret council papers have revealed.
Wakefield Council lent the Super League club cash to purchase its home ground and adjacent Superbowl site in a deal to stabilise the club last month.
But Belle Vue was only worth around £1.7m when it was valued in January 2018, a document shown to the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS) says.
Although Trinity wants to redevelop the ground to meet new regulations, the council's loan was solely for the club to buy Belle Vue from previous owners, the 88m Group.
The decision notice, which has not been made public by the council, also says there is "no business plan in place" for the running of the stadium once any redevelopment has been completed.

And it reveals that the council must be willing to evict Trinity if it fails to repay the loan, which is being charged at an interest rate of 2.5 per cent over 15 years. Alternatively the site may be sold for housebuilding.
The notice, which was signed by council leader Peter Box on March 13, says: "A Red Book valuation was undertaken in January 2018, which estimated a value of £1.7m for the stadium and land based on current use.
"The estimated value with enhanced planning permission (after redevelopment) for both sites would be in the region of £3.5m to £4m.
"These valuations therefore indicate the purchase price of £3m is significantly above the value of the asset in its current use."
The papers go on to say that there is a "risk" that if Trinity can't repay the loan, any sale of the ground afterwards wouldn't be big enough to cover the taxpayer's losses.
In the event of the club being unable to repay, it says, "The council would need to be willing to a) evict the borrower b) secure enhanced planning permission and c) market and sell the land for residential development."
In a statement about the sale, Wakefield Trinity's chief executive, Michael Carter said: "A significant amount of negotiation went into this, but at the end of the day the asking price from 88m Group was £3m and they wouldn’t accept any lower.
"This then incurs stamp duty of around £150,000. This deal has not just secured the freehold on the entire site, but has put this club firmly back in charge of its own future."
In response to Mr Carter's comments, 88m Group chairman Manni Hussain said: "We had been in Ynegotiations with the council and club for over two years.
We had various independent valuations undertaken not only on the stadium but also on the former Superbowl site which was also sold as part of this acquisition by the club.
"Considering the development potential of the two sites, this is a great purchase and will kickstart the redevelopment of the stadium and surrounding areas into a fantastic stadium, and also secure their home for the foreseeable future."

The deal for Trinity to remain at Belle Vue has all but ended long-held hopes that the club may relocate to a new community stadium on Newmarket Lane in Stanley. That move was given planning permission in 2012 but the ground was never built.

Supporters have called for Yorkcourt, who had been expected to build the stadium, to now pay for Belle Vue's renovations with Section 106 money, which is put into a community by developers when they build. The council papers say that a "reasonable planning case" can be made for that to happen, but adds that it "cannot be guaranteed".

Tom Stannard, the council's corporate director for regeneration and economic growth, said: "We cannot comment on the confidential terms of the loan agreement between the council and Wakefield Trinity, however we can assure residents that the necessary and prudent financial controls have been put in place to make sure public money is secured, whilst still supporting the club.

As you can see, Trinity have now to find funding to build the stadium. As a fan supporting Trinity since 1953, I’m still not convinced I will ever sit there in my lifetime. I do hope both our clubs prosper and survive, but without a rich backer I don’t think it will happen.

Apologies if I’m off topic on the wrong thread. See you in the new season. Happy Christmas

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Dec 2019, 09:47

Interesting I assumed there would be money to do the ground up as well
Carter comes across as a shrewd person to me id assume hed got all bases covered for instance Wakefield could easily have got relegated last season and how would they have gone from there if that had occurred
Vince Lombardi

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 18 Dec 2019, 11:08

by tigerfeat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:47 am

Interesting I assumed there would be money to do the ground up as well
Carter comes across as a shrewd person to me id assume hed got all bases covered for instance Wakefield could easily have got relegated last season and how would they have gone from there if that had occurred

I think that was a concern to all Trinity staff and fans. The 15 years repayment plan is also a concern to fans, not only payment for that, but also for monies borrowed for redevelopment. I sometimes think our two clubs aren’t a million miles apart on the ground issues and the possible consequences of not delivering up to date stadiums.