Boxing Day with Bulls

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Boxing Day with Bulls

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Nov 2019, 11:14

mart0042 wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 11:03 I'll be there and be ready to be hungover and cold to the bone. Glad it's not Fev.
I'd of rather it had of been Fev to be honest. Would of been a proper test and worth the £15 admission fee.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 11 Nov 2019, 13:20

I'll be off as normal with the kids, Boxing Day games are a bit of family tradition. For what its worth I don't mind the £15 for an adult but I do agree that £10 for a junior seems a bit steep for what is basically a second team game.

I am not sad its not Feath, don't have to keep an eye out for drunken Feath fans on the rampage inside or outside the ground.

Make me laugh some people I would have gone and had 3-4 pints and a burger, go and have 3 pints and a tray of chips and you have spent the same money, cant please all of the people all of the time, and some people you'll never please at all lol.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Nov 2019, 13:31

Dont forget £15=£10 are the early bird purchase the admission on the day £16 -£11

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 11 Nov 2019, 14:17

westyorkylad wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:20 I'll be off as normal with the kids, Boxing Day games are a bit of family tradition. For what its worth I don't mind the £15 for an adult but I do agree that £10 for a junior seems a bit steep for what is basically a second team game.

I am not sad its not Feath, don't have to keep an eye out for drunken Feath fans on the rampage inside or outside the ground.

Make me laugh some people I would have gone and had 3-4 pints and a burger, go and have 3 pints and a tray of chips and you have spent the same money, cant please all of the people all of the time, and some people you'll never please at all lol.
I don't mind the adult prices either, but the junior prices are an absolute joke. Like I said in an earlier post, juniors can watch an international game for same price.
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Nov 2019, 14:19

braytontiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:33
HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:07 Not exaggerated just an approximation.

A 3,000 crowd isn't going to be all adults, just like it's not going to be all concessions/juniors. Taking a mid-range view of £37,500 minus a couple of thousand off for costs is around £18,750 each.

I doubt the club will bother running a programme for the match (not worth it) and not convinced sales on food/drink will outweigh the cost for a friendly. Merchandise sales should be treated separate to the match costs since they won't be split with Bradford.
IMO it’s not just about profit it’s also about getting bodies through the gates and making people feel part of and behind the club.

3k at £15-£10 may well generate the same or more revenue as 4.5k at £10-£5 but that 4.5k will feel they have had good value for money.
Basically the club are playing a game of let’s see how much money we can take from our most loyal supporters rather than a longer term approach of giving people the chance to watch a game at a reduced cost in the hope that we get some casual supporters back on side.

Just remember going to a game is a habit the same as not going to a game is. We’ve seen in the past few years attendances are fragile with product,price and time been the main factors. any opportunity to build bridges to bring those fans we have lost back should be taken,charging over excessively for a friendly game won’t do that when there are so many other things people can spend their money on that particular day.

The club will be benchmarking it on last year, which was the same prices and got 3,098 against Fev. Arguably more fans from Fev because it's a local derby but Bradford have bigger fanbase so swings and roundabouts.

It's a huge gamble to lower the prices and hope that an extra 1,000 people turn out on that basis, especially since, as people have mentioned, it's likely to be a mix of first teamers and reserves.

However, Leeds Utd are also at home on Boxing Day so you're right in that people may pick and choose - go into Leeds and get tanked up ahead of the 5:15pm game?

Like I said, I agree the prices are slightly high but the club has to make something out of it or it renders most of the purpose of a friendly pointless. May as well play them behind closed doors, avoid paying out for staffing costs and just use it for fitness otherwise.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Nov 2019, 14:23

Also, people criticising prices:

Leeds v Wakefield

ST Holder - Adults - £15/£10 concessions in standing; £18/£15 for seated

OR

Non ST-holders - £18/£13 standing and £25/18 for seated

Juniors - £5 for standing/£10 seating for any up to age 16.

Not too dissimilar. You could argue better facilities and all that (obvious) but at least prices are consistent with other clubs too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Nov 2019, 17:29

HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:23 Also, people criticising prices:

Leeds v Wakefield

ST Holder - Adults - £15/£10 concessions in standing; £18/£15 for seated

OR

Non ST-holders - £18/£13 standing and £25/18 for seated

Juniors - £5 for standing/£10 seating for any up to age 16.

Not too dissimilar. You could argue better facilities and all that (obvious) but at least prices are consistent with other clubs too.
But it's a clash between 2 Super League sides.

We are effectively playing a team that are League 2 standard and probably will be come end of next season.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 12 Nov 2019, 00:05

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere but we seem to playing Toronto in a friendly in January

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Nov 2019, 08:56

may be the reason the kids prices are over the top is people have been using these tickets to gain entry instead of paying the full price, i always meet up with some Wigan fans for a drink when we play them at home, i brought it to the clubs notice what they were doing suggesting that kids tickets should be a different colour but nothing was done

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 12 Nov 2019, 18:40

4 pages of Cas fans mainly complaining about ticket prices for a friendly on Boxing Day. I've just trawled back to try and find a similar thread championing the club about freezing season ticket prices for next year but unfortunately couldn't find it. :( :( :(

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Nov 2019, 21:08

Tigerade wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 18:40 4 pages of Cas fans mainly complaining about ticket prices for a friendly on Boxing Day. I've just trawled back to try and find a similar thread championing the club about freezing season ticket prices for next year but unfortunately couldn't find it. :( :( :(
Their hardly going to put them up in price are they? If you miss 1 or 2 home Games which is highly likely for a lot of folk, it isn't worth having one to start with.
🐯 COYF!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 12 Nov 2019, 21:18

If you miss 1 or 2 home Games which is highly likely for a lot of folk, it isn't worth having one to start with.
Best not get one then. :-({|=

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Nov 2019, 21:23

Tigerade wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 21:18
If you miss 1 or 2 home Games which is highly likely for a lot of folk, it isn't worth having one to start with.
Best not get one then. :-({|=
I've got 5 in our house, I'm not fussed about price of season tickets, junior ones are good value for money. Are you saying you think £10 for a junior ticket for a friendly is acceptable?
🐯 COYF!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 12 Nov 2019, 21:55

Are you saying you think £10 for a junior ticket for a friendly is acceptable?
No - £10 for adults and £5 for juniors would be acceptable IMO.

My problem is the apathy within the Cas fans on this forum. Apathy which the club is partially to blame for by ticket pricing causing a catch 22 situation. i.e. by not going to home games (including friendlies) we are hurting the club we love. Do we want to be playing in the championship ? Because that is where we will be if we don't get behind the club financially by buying tickets and merch.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Nov 2019, 22:09

95% on this forum are true CAS fans but we all have different opinions and we express them on here that is what a forum is for , i myself have paid for my season ticket and today i have been to the shop for a boxing day ticket, i can understand a family man with a couple of kids complaining about the £10 entree , every effort should be made to encourage young people i took my two boys when they were very young one is as keen as i ever was and hardly misses a match he is in is fifties now

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Nov 2019, 00:15

Tigerade wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 21:55
Are you saying you think £10 for a junior ticket for a friendly is acceptable?
No - £10 for adults and £5 for juniors would be acceptable IMO.

My problem is the apathy within the Cas fans on this forum. Apathy which the club is partially to blame for by ticket pricing causing a catch 22 situation. i.e. by not going to home games (including friendlies) we are hurting the club we love. Do we want to be playing in the championship ? Because that is where we will be if we don't get behind the club financially by buying tickets and merch.
agree mate, lets all be honest here. the teams we turn out plus the numerous substitutions mean most fans lose interest and chat about whats been going on since last time we all met.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Dec 2019, 12:28

Hoping they give a run out to some of the new boys on Boxing Day and give us a glimpse of what is to come as an Xmas treat !

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Dec 2019, 13:31

Be great to see how Turner goes in the halves.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Dec 2019, 14:13

Listening to gale about the whinos friendly. They are all getting a game.

Personally, it's a bit risky so early but seeing as we are playing a team with only a few players, I'd bang as many as possible and give a little game time each.

Just work on combinations and structure. No daft bug hits or wrestling.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Dec 2019, 14:13

mart0042 wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 14:13 Listening to gale about the whinos friendly. They are all getting a game.

Personally, it's a bit risky so early but seeing as we are playing a team with only a few players, I'd play as many as possible and give a little game time each.

Just work on combinations and structure. No daft big hits or wrestling.