Toronto at shedingley

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Re: Toronto at shedingley

Post by lurcher » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:06 am

Craigy B wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:43 am
Talking to Leeds fan at work, he was saying he was lead to believe that Ticketing for the games were independent of each other, and the supporters from the first game would be expected to leave after full time (unless they buy a ticket for the second game to)
if true thats unbelievable
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:08 am

Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:50 pm
I think it’s a great fixture a nice easy start and then we get 80 minutes to have ago at Luke Gale.
ha ha, nice one. not that we'll be hoping he has a stinker though. ;)

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:40 am

Craigy B wrote:
Talking to Leeds fan at work, he was saying he was lead to believe that Ticketing for the games were independent of each other, and the supporters from the first game would be expected to leave after full time (unless they buy a ticket for the second game to)
I’d like to see them enforce that one !

thedogvinnie
Dean Widders

Post by thedogvinnie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 am

Craigy B wrote:
It shouldn't be marketed as a double header then should it? Well done to the RFL/Superleague for lining gawwys pockets

princeka01
Kirk Dixon

Post by princeka01 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am

Christ it is not rocket science on how it is going to work is it..... its a 20k+ capacity stadium..with theoretically 3 teams with fans going (i assume Toronto would be <100). We are the early game and then a break for the hull v leeds game... Leeds average 12k per game and 15k on a really good day... i really doubt that hull and cas are going to bring 5k fans each with all 5k fans staying for the leeds game..... both teams will bring around 2k each the away stand alone holds just short of 5k

You also forget that the ground caters for england cricket too... there is alot of room in the ground ... 3 superleague teams is nothing

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 am

thedogvinnie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 am
Craigy B wrote:
Well done to the RFL/Superleague for lining gawwys pockets
Where is this documented that the takings all goes to Leeds?? Or is it just you spouting your usual unsubstantiated BS??

vandeveldtsbaldhead
Sean Rudder

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am

Impossible to administer. It is classed as a double header, which means two games for the price of one.

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Leeds won't be losing out in any way shape or form that's for sure.

I would also guess we aren't wringing every drop financially out of it that we can as we're not a cure club
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 pm

princeka01 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am
Christ it is not rocket science on how it is going to work is it..... its a 20k+ capacity stadium..with theoretically 3 teams with fans going (i assume Toronto would be <100). We are the early game and then a break for the hull v leeds game... Leeds average 12k per game and 15k on a really good day... i really doubt that hull and cas are going to bring 5k fans each with all 5k fans staying for the leeds game..... both teams will bring around 2k each the away stand alone holds just short of 5k

You also forget that the ground caters for england cricket too... there is alot of room in the ground ... 3 superleague teams is nothing
didn't realise they had an away stand. :?

Fryston Tiger
Dean Widders

Post by Fryston Tiger » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Am I right that it is getting shown by Sky as well? Sure I have seen that....

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:13 pm
jackknife wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:59 pm
Whats the new capacity at headingley?

We will take loads and Hull usually bring a lot i think the RFL expect this to break an attendance record and make Toronto look like a success.
Won’t break any records for a SL game which is the 31,000+ that watched Catalans v Wigan at Barcelona last season.
I was actually meaning a record at headingley

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:21 pm

lurcher wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 pm
princeka01 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am

didn't realise they had an away stand. :?
They will only count the heads through the gates they could walk straight back out of ground and will still be counted.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

thedogvinnie
Dean Widders

Post by thedogvinnie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 am
thedogvinnie wrote:
Craigy B wrote:
Where is this documented that the takings all goes to Leeds?? Or is it just you spouting your usual unsubstantiated BS??
Where did i say that leeds were getting all the takings ? Or is it just you spouting your usual unsubstantiated BS??
One thing is sure, they will benefit more than the other three clubs involved. (no doubt you will read this as "gawwy robs cas fans at gunpoint"),
Do not try and put words into my mouth sonny.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar

Post by braytontiger » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 pm

thedogvinnie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:02 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
Craigy B wrote:
Where did i say that leeds were getting all the takings ? Or is it just you spouting your usual unsubstantiated BS??
One thing is sure, they will benefit more than the other three clubs involved. (no doubt you will read this as "gawwy robs cas fans at gunpoint"),
Of course Leeds are going to take most of the money. They are the host club playing a home fixture, I would imagine they would generate a crowd of 15k+ for a first game of the season against hull without the support from our game with Toronto.

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:06 pm

thedogvinnie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:02 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
Craigy B wrote:
You said that the pockets of Gary would be lined, I asked where that has been confirmed. I take it you can’t answer so you resort to personal insults.