Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Cas Ground

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Dec 2019, 16:03

Gratton was giving the stock answer that's being given for ten plus years when asked why the hell havnt new toilets being put in or other facilities improved and that's whats the point a new ground is on the way
To be honest after ten years for both home and away fans paying there money to go in the ground that answer is wearing thin now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Dec 2019, 16:10

RE toilets, if you look at the improvements at FEATH compared with Weldon road were most of the work was done by fans why haven't the club tried to get the fans on board to do things such as new toilets , instead of hiding behind there is going to be a brand new stadium that never seems to get any nearer ????

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 04 Dec 2019, 16:54

Hope I’m wrong but burying our heads in the sand and keeping our fingers crossed will come back to bite us on the backside. You only have to look at Bradford bulls to see any club can be replaced.
Toulouse,York are both moving into new stadia that’s before we even talk about New York and Ottawa.
At very least let’s not make it easy for the RFL to move us out.i say that with a heavy heart as I love our ground but it’s been run into the ground.sadly

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 04 Dec 2019, 17:33

This doesn't make good reading. Click on first article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business

MY CLUB. MY CAS

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 04 Dec 2019, 18:08

braytontiger wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 16:54 Hope I’m wrong but burying our heads in the sand and keeping our fingers crossed will come back to bite us on the backside. You only have to look at Bradford bulls to see any club can be replaced.
Toulouse,York are both moving into new stadia that’s before we even talk about New York and Ottawa.
At very least let’s not make it easy for the RFL to move us out.i say that with a heavy heart as I love our ground but it’s been run into the ground.sadly
Is it time for cas and wakey to swallow there pride with both new grounds looking like lost prolonged dreams .And hopefully the end off this dreadful labour council in the elections in this area who have not invested anything in sport in this area . For both clubs to get there heads together to see if there is a option for a new shared stadium on the Normanton ring road or similar distance from both towns. May be the only way both clubs will able to fund a new stadium and survive in the future in super league .Also sick off people in the know who for last five years keep saying its definitely going to happen when clearly now its not.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Dec 2019, 18:43

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 16:03 Gratton was giving the stock answer that's being given for ten plus years when asked why the hell havnt new toilets being put in or other facilities improved and that's whats the point a new ground is on the way
To be honest after ten years for both home and away fans paying there money to go in the ground that answer is wearing thin now
I think it wore thin a while ago now.
I’ve not bought a season ticket for 2020 and the main reason is I feel like I’m been mugged off by the club.
Put simply, I don’t think the game experience is worth the money. The club have taken advantage of my loyalty for too long and think that they can get away with making empty promises every year.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 04 Dec 2019, 18:59

nottinghamtiger wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 18:43 [quote=tigerfeat post_id=574068 time=<a href="tel:1575471834">1575471834</a> user_id=3542]
Gratton was giving the stock answer that's being given for ten plus years when asked why the hell havnt new toilets being put in or other facilities improved and that's whats the point a new ground is on the way
I think it wore thin a while ago now.
I’ve not bought a season ticket for 2020 and the main reason is I feel like I’m been mugged off by the club.
Put simply, I don’t think the game experience is worth the money. The club have taken advantage of my loyalty for too long and think that they can get away with making empty promises every year.
[/quote]
on side wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 18:08
braytontiger wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 16:54 Hope I’m wrong but burying our heads in the sand and keeping our fingers crossed will come back to bite us on the backside. You only have to look at Bradford bulls to see any club can be replaced.
Is it time for cas and wakey to swallow there pride with both new grounds looking like lost prolonged dreams .And hopefully the end off this dreadful labour council in the elections in this area who have not invested anything in sport in this area . For both clubs to get there heads together to see if there is a option for a new shared stadium on the Normanton ring road or similar distance from both towns. May be the only way both clubs will able to fund a new stadium and survive in the future in super league .Also sick off people in the know who for last five years keep saying its definitely going to happen when clearly now its not.
Are you kidding why on earth would we want anything at all to do with Wakefield and obviously sharing grounds with them would be the first step to a joint team, sorry but that’s not for me

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Dec 2019, 19:07

I've no idea what's happening at Wakefield I know they secured a loan not heard anything else after that
If Axiom falls through I don't know what we will do let's hope some cunning plans are in place hay
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 04 Dec 2019, 19:21

gateman wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 16:10 RE toilets, if you look at the improvements at FEATH compared with Weldon road were most of the work was done by fans why haven't the club tried to get the fans on board to do things such as new toilets , instead of hiding behind there is going to be a brand new stadium that never seems to get any nearer ????
No way should a professional club expect hard working fans who already invest lots of their spare cash in the club to work for nowt. Maybe at your local amateur club, stop bleeding the place dry and get it invested in our immediate future.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 04 Dec 2019, 19:36

Is this topic straying into the 145 pages on New Ground or not.
Roll on the the start of the season.
Ps Season Greetings to all associated with the club in what ever capicity.
If we had all invested the time in doing work at the ground instead of posting we could have refurbished the old girl.
I excuse myself from these tasks as putting right my DIY blunders would be far too costly.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 04 Dec 2019, 21:43

Flat Capper wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 14:11 Jesus, how hard is it to build brand new, comfortable, toilets for all genders?
Quite hard I would have thought with the number of genders increasing by the week, probably have to construct a toilet block the full length of the Princess Street terrace.

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 05 Dec 2019, 09:21

:D :D :D

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 05 Dec 2019, 11:24

alftupper wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 21:43
Flat Capper wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 14:11 Jesus, how hard is it to build brand new, comfortable, toilets for all genders?
Quite hard I would have thought with the number of genders increasing by the week, probably have to construct a toilet block the full length of the Princess Street terrace.
To build new toilets is not as simple as some people think, they must have hand washing facilities included so would need sinks and hand drying equipment. Given the area behind the Princess street stand is only narrow this would prove difficult to achieve. With the doors on the present facilities being vandalised every year before the season ends how long do you think the sinks and dispensers would last, just food for thought.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Dec 2019, 13:40

That’s an argument for not providing any in a new ground either.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Dec 2019, 13:50

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 13:40 That’s an argument for not providing any in a new ground either.
So will the new ground not have any then?

Come on folks, we're not talking about an infrastructure programme that will lift the whole economy here, even if it does include facilities for cross-gender, neutral gender and even right wing politics following ostriches.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Dec 2019, 22:41

Flat Capper wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 13:50
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 13:40 That’s an argument for not providing any in a new ground either.

Come on folks, we're not talking about an infrastructure programme that will lift the whole economy here, even if it does include facilities for cross-gender, neutral gender and even right wing politics following ostriches.
Thought you were good at irony FC? The post referred to not sorting toilets out because decent toilets get vandalised.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Dec 2019, 10:59

How would a joint ground with wakey work?

Just to point out the problems

1) where would be the middle point to build it? Do you take the centre from where the ground are now and if so, doesn't that take you within the city of Wakefield?

2) wakey have 3m debt, they sell "their" ground and all the profit, if any, goes to the council. I'm pretty sure it has to stay a sporting ground otherwise the last owner would have cashed in. So they have nothing to put into the pot.

3) it would need to be 50/50 ownership for it to work. We have a ground to sell, they have debt. They wouldn't go to a ground owned by us and pay rent and they've already been turned away from loans because they are a risk, thus the council getting one for them.

4) the ground and land would cost money, minimum 20m for the total whichever way you look at it. Even if we could find our part, would you risk losing it on a mortgage default if the other party go bust?

Cas, like wakey have a wallk up crowd, at least 1lk each, so that's 1k down on attendance.

I personally think that once, if, brexit is done, you'll see quick movement. Yes we are not on schedule but hardly our fault or axiom. Brexit is killing businesses.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Dec 2019, 13:19

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 22:41

Thought you were good at irony FC? The post referred to not sorting toilets out because decent toilets get vandalised.
Yes, I was trying to expand on your irony for those that believe we can't do too much with WR but having read my words again, I failed miserably. :oops:
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 06 Dec 2019, 14:02

mart0042 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 10:59 How would a joint ground with wakey work?

Just to point out the problems

1) where would be the middle point to build it? Do you take the centre from where the ground are now and if so, doesn't that take you within the city of Wakefield?

2) wakey have 3m debt, they sell "their" ground and all the profit, if any, goes to the council. I'm pretty sure it has to stay a sporting ground otherwise the last owner would have cashed in. So they have nothing to put into the pot.

3) it would need to be 50/50 ownership for it to work. We have a ground to sell, they have debt. They wouldn't go to a ground owned by us and pay rent and they've already been turned away from loans because they are a risk, thus the council getting one for them.

4) the ground and land would cost money, minimum 20m for the total whichever way you look at it. Even if we could find our part, would you risk losing it on a mortgage default if the other party go bust?

Cas, like wakey have a wallk up crowd, at least 1lk each, so that's 1k down on attendance.

I personally think that once, if, brexit is done, you'll see quick movement. Yes we are not on schedule but hardly our fault or axiom. Brexit is killing businesses.
Brexit may have some minor influence, its more how people shop now which is the problem.
Online shopping rightly or wrongly is increasingly the preferred shopping method.
Shoppers are browsing more these days, shopping centres are suffering. This applies to the US, Canada - can't blame Brexit on that - and Europe.
There isn't the market at the moment for new shopping centres. How many long standing retailers have gone bust or downsized lately?
I would imagine this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.
In addition, other potential new shopping centres do not have the burden of having to fund a £15m stadium and a country park.

Btw, The ground and all assets are basically owned by the Fulton family, they own approx 95‰ of shares after 2 rounds of share allocation. The club stopped being a public limited company in 2017 and is now a private limited company.
The debt still remains. The club are incurring 2.5% interest above the B of E set rate on the loan.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Dec 2019, 22:18

Flat Capper wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 13:19
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 22:41

Yes, I was trying to expand on your irony for those that believe we can't do too much with WR but having read my words again, I failed miserably. :oops:
Thanks FC Good to know we were coming from the same viewpoint