Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Cas Ground

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Nov 2019, 20:25

Balboa1 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 20:07 ](*,) can't believe some of stuff on here bugger the experience i go to watch the team give their all not how bad the bogs are or if my beers warm so what if the grounds stuck in time it's about Castleford tigers make do with what we have it's only bricks and mortar i would watch em on cas high pitch if I ad to get behind the club!

Which is ok when you are a loyal fan who turns up come rain or shine.

But it isn't sustainable to rely on blind loyalty, especially when trying to grow a business. It should always be a development of how to best grow the experience next. You can't stand still in any form of business or you get left behind.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Nov 2019, 20:43

Everything you say is correct but there's always been a feeling at Cas the team are achieving things despite of what's going on off the field rarther than because of it , it's been that way as long as I can remember maybe that's why a lot of people have had enough and want things to change
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 03 Nov 2019, 21:03

Well I have been fortunate in getting an initial vague response from the club, its when I ask for solid answers I get no reply. Since 2000 I have only missed 1 home game and due to the clubs attitude there will now be 2 less season tickets purchased for 2020. Before anyone says “just because they won’t respond to an email” it’s a ball of things that have just caused me to lose interest in the club and I never thought that would happen.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Nov 2019, 21:19

Balboa1 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 20:07 ](*,) can't believe some of stuff on here bugger the experience i go to watch the team give their all not how bad the bogs are or if my beers warm so what if the grounds stuck in time it's about Castleford tigers make do with what we have it's only bricks and mortar i would watch em on cas high pitch if I ad to get behind the club!
The trouble is that a business simply cannot rely on loyalty as a business model.
Firstly, loyalty is something that can be lost. Some will become disillusioned with the club, for different reasons. For others, new things will take priority over a rugby league (such as children, new relationships, caring for family etc).
Secondly, loyalty is no good if you don’t also attract new supporters. If you’re only relying on the customers you already have then the only way is down because people either move away from the area or, as harsh as it sounds, they die.
Being reliant on loyalty alone is not a successful business model.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 03 Nov 2019, 21:41

YAWN, its club bashing time, count me out petals

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Nov 2019, 21:44

thedogvinnie wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 21:41 YAWN, its club bashing time, count me out petals
Club-bashing or expressing genuine concerns borne out of wanting the best for the club?
If people didn’t care they wouldn’t bother to spend the time expressing their concerns.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 03 Nov 2019, 22:17

Too many buisness men on ere

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 03 Nov 2019, 22:24

Yep agree life goes on deaths relationships holidays loss of jobs but I'm sure deep down all on ere will always care for the club otherwise why post and waste time and energy let's get behind classy cas!

DarloTiger

Post by DarloTiger » 03 Nov 2019, 23:57

My eldest daughter has a season ticket comes with me from Darlington for every home game. She has been to to the toilets at the ground once and won’t go back in, part of the match day ritual to work where to go before or after the match! Roll on the new stadium for me and her!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 04 Nov 2019, 00:50

No one is club bashing.
Quite the opposite.
Yes we are supporters and have become used to the facilities or lack of.
However trying to attract repeat custom from new would be supporters who don't have the same blind faith and loyalty is not help by the many off feild deficiencies.
If we want to attract the best players we need to increase attendances and except for the loyal but possibly decreasing band of supporters it's not possible.
Sooner or later the decrepit facilities will / could cause the demise of Cas Tigers.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 04 Nov 2019, 03:05

One thing I’ve seen this off season is that the club do listen to the fans, it might not always seem that way but so far:
- they’ve created an amber shirt due to fan feedback
- they are trialling a new shirt material on the away shirt due to fan feedback and will see how we react for future years
- they have created their own brand to gain more control over design of products
- they’ve renovated the Tiger bar
- they’re doing work on the toilets this off season (not sure how much but the feedback re locks etc has clearly got through to someone)
- they are setting up a fans steering group from Jan to increase engagement and improve the feedback loop
- they do a “ask me anything” type newsletter every 4 months to answer any burning questions you may have
- a lot of the content of interviews is aimed at the comments fans are making on here and social media

Whilst in the ideal world everything would be perfect, we a) seem to support a team in a town where people want to know the minute detail of everything b) we have finite resources and c) we have fans that do seem to want to ruin things for us (how many home games before the locks on the toilets are broken again, how many fines will we get for smoke bombs etc).

Time will tell on this, things will never change overnight with our resources but incremental changes should be acknowledged and will make a difference if we give them a chance.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 04 Nov 2019, 09:13

SREGITSAC wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 03:05 One thing I’ve seen this off season is that the club do listen to the fans, it might not always seem that way but so far:
- they are trialling a new shirt material on the away shirt due to fan feedback and will see how we react for future years
- they have created their own brand to gain more control over design of products
- they’re doing work on the toilets this off season (not sure how much but the feedback re locks etc has clearly got through to someone)
- they are setting up a fans steering group from Jan to increase engagement and improve the feedback loop
- they do a “ask me anything” type newsletter every 4 months to answer any burning questions you may have
- a lot of the content of interviews is aimed at the comments fans are making on here and social media

Whilst in the ideal world everything would be perfect, we a) seem to support a team in a town where people want to know the minute detail of everything b) we have finite resources and c) we have fans that do seem to want to ruin things for us (how many home games before the locks on the toilets are broken again, how many fines will we get for smoke bombs etc).

Time will tell on this, things will never change overnight with our resources but incremental changes should be acknowledged and will make a difference if we give them a chance.
I think your view is somewhat simplistic and may I suggest naive.

Black and Amber is the clubs traditional colours, naturally the shirts should reflect this. The change of shirt material has been forced due to the poor quality. The new suppliers are basically the old suppliers under a new name.

Fitting new toilet locks is hardly a game changer.

What is a concern, and needs to be addressed is why support groups, supporters, sponsors ex directors, players and staff feel so disenfranchised and feel unable to cintinue supporting the club as in the past due to the current administration.

The clubs commercial/marketing department needs a whole revamp. The lack of publicity/promotion to matches - especially the u16/19s - hospitality, other events etc is sadly lacking.
Any business should welcome well intended, constructive criticism. Those views need to be taken onboard.
I have a screenshot of last year's seating ticket plan. When compared to this years, sales appear to be well down.
Fans are voting with their feet, and attendances are falling.
Hopefully the powers that be can address legitimate concerns and reverse falling attendances. However there has to be a will to do so, something which sadly appears to be in short supply.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 04 Nov 2019, 09:22

SREGITSAC wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 03:05 One thing I’ve seen this off season is that the club do listen to the fans, it might not always seem that way but so far:

And they have got a drummer (don't forget that!)
Be reasonable - do it my way!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Nov 2019, 09:34

The problem is the Grattons have a attitude about them that is brusque if your being kind and theve alienated people
The bigger picture is gates are down we will have to see how season tickets have gone and what the numbers are next year if the club continue to make money under there watch or not
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Nov 2019, 11:13

How easy is it to get to meet Liverpool players apart from hospitality or waiting until after the match when they leave?

Genuine question that.

If you put in twitter to the club or to all the players, you'll most likely get a response and they'd point you in the right direction. What would be the reply from Mo Salah? Pretty sure he wouldn't even notice it.

We've got peanut helping out at the local food bank and even picking up things to save people time and effort.

The club and players give every opportunity.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 04 Nov 2019, 11:17

Its interesting as a discussion, I am not interested in people and individuals, I don't know them or care to.

Personally, I live away from the area and am with someone that 4 years ago had no knowledge at all the RL existed.
Over the years, watching Cas on TV and things, we have long had the conversation about "we should go watch Cas" and although when I go, I am seduced by memories and nostalgia. For my Mrs consuming it like a customer, without my nostalgic memories, I have chosen to synchronise in with other travels and go to other stadia and away games - I simply couldn't in all good faith ask my Mrs to go to the loo there, or my kids. Or explain why some of the things are as they are for the pinnacle of a sport on TV.
On having this conversation with my Mrs, she then adds, legitimately - so we will go Corp Hosp - lucky enough to do this a lot to many sports, Club RU, football and Tennis - and again I have to explain that it is not what she is expecting.

If I still lived locally, would I go - sure I would, but in it's current guise and price point it won't attract new and younger people to it sustainably in my opinion. Others are dyed in the wool and that's great too, but for non-traditional people not born in to it, I don't think it is an enticing proposition.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 04 Nov 2019, 11:25

Casmania wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 09:13

I think your view is somewhat simplistic and may I suggest naive.

Black and Amber is the clubs traditional colours, naturally the shirts should reflect this. The change of shirt material has been forced due to the poor quality. The new suppliers are basically the old suppliers under a new name.

Fitting new toilet locks is hardly a game changer.

What is a concern, and needs to be addressed is why support groups, supporters, sponsors ex directors, players and staff feel so disenfranchised and feel unable to cintinue supporting the club as in the past due to the current administration.

The clubs commercial/marketing department needs a whole revamp. The lack of publicity/promotion to matches - especially the u16/19s - hospitality, other events etc is sadly lacking.
Any business should welcome well intended, constructive criticism. Those views need to be taken onboard.
I have a screenshot of last year's seating ticket plan. When compared to this years, sales appear to be well down.
Fans are voting with their feet, and attendances are falling.
Hopefully the powers that be can address legitimate concerns and reverse falling attendances. However there has to be a will to do so, something which sadly appears to be in short supply.
Thanks for your feedback

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Nov 2019, 11:58

(Barely) arguably, THE single most important aspect of performance a club/business can focus upon, especially in ‘down time’ , is all forms of complaints and constructive feedback.

It is there that the secrets to improvement live!

Do we have someone doing that?

Clearly Not.

Point made.
Audacter Et Sincere

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 04 Nov 2019, 12:18

I strongly feel that we look at point issues as consumers, that the whole, end to end is where senior managers earn their money, I certainly wouldn't in my own work get away without looking up and out as well as down and in.

If I was a betting man, I would suggest that we couldn't hold up an ATV split for a match day supporter, season ticket and walk up. Similar in the shops or have a target for this. Most retail business are based on this - you only have 2 things you can influence, footfall and ATV - obvious really, how many and how much.
Experience is all personal, this thread demonstrates the fact perfectly, but you have to be able to give people what they want and people differ.
I'd personally have a target on average wait times and first request fulfilment within all our touch points. I'd have a wrap around that on all returns and all people who didn't get what they wanted. It is so hard to build from the bottom, but unless you do then I think you are putting lipstick on a pig.
I am not advocating we go this far, but anyone who has been to Disney for example will know, prices are eye watering, you queue for ages, in any context this would seem disappointing, but end to end, every single person is tuned in to their responsibility about their part in YOUR personal experience. So it works, that is a bit of an extreme example to make the point.

It isn't just Cas, coming up from the facilities conversation for a minute to the overall and end to end, the strategy of engagement is so hard in a competitive leisure market. Most shopping centres for example in the new world prosper not solely because of their shops per se, but their attraction as a venue. If you get people there and connected emotionally, they will spend money - if you don't, they don't.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 04 Nov 2019, 13:12

Bish bash, if the spelling mistakes drive you mad Don't bother coming on the site. Not everyone can be has educated in the English language has you seem to be, some suffer from dyslexia, others like me have head and brain injuries, and if that upsets you, it's you with the problem not the ones who struggle with grammar, I pity you.

Has for signed shirts, I was 60 last month, my cousin went down the lane, asked if they could sign the shirt they bought, and lo and behold every team member and the coaching staff signed the shirt.