fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: fixtures

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Nov 2019, 13:46

the happy hooker9 wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 12:36 Why have we lost our traditional Easter fixture with the 'pussies'?
Hudds Easter Sunday home is hardly a crowd drawing fixture when other teams have retained their usual fixture viz Hull/Hull KR, Wigan/Saints.. it appears that the Rhinos have now Wakey instead of us.
The worst thing about losing our game is that the Rhinos have come out on top here.

They play both Wakefield and Cas 3 times with loop fixtures and both times have 2 Home games and 1 Away Game, essentially getting 4 money spinners. Meanwhile, Cas and Wakefield get the sole game at home against each other, and a sole game against the Rhinos.

Not only that but Wakefield also play the Boxing Day friendly at Headingley. Really Leeds should have forfeited one of their home games, probably to Wakefield, to allow it to be a bit more equitable and also split games fairly.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 Nov 2019, 15:06

Moving to a Friday night,doesn’t stop sky pulling a few games forward to Thursday night for Sky does it?dont know how we can guarantee no movement in first 21 rounds when sky decide who plays when

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Nov 2019, 15:27

Scoopage wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 15:06 Moving to a Friday night,doesn’t stop sky pulling a few games forward to Thursday night for Sky does it?dont know how we can guarantee no movement in first 21 rounds when sky decide who plays when
Maybe because the games that would have a chance of being selected for live broadcast are already down to be played on the Friday night???

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 Nov 2019, 15:53

Fumper27 wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 15:27
Scoopage wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 15:06 Moving to a Friday night,doesn’t stop sky pulling a few games forward to Thursday night for Sky does it?dont know how we can guarantee no movement in first 21 rounds when sky decide who plays when
Maybe because the games that would have a chance of being selected for live broadcast are already down to be played on the Friday night???
Good point mate.hopefully that’s the case.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 05 Nov 2019, 16:41

Anybody finds a good price for hotels and flights for Toronto please pass on.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Nov 2019, 16:44

Bit of a damp squib. The two main fixtures I look for are Catalan away and magic weekend. Neither set the pulse racing. Add in the Toronto game at headingley and you can’t help thinking somebody as had a laugh at our expense.
I’ve said for a while chopping and changing the days we play on causes more issues than it should. Pick a day Friday/Sunday and stick with it but for the love of god tell the customers before season tickets go on sale. It saves a lot of grief in the long run.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Nov 2019, 17:01

Swagger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 16:41 Anybody finds a good price for hotels and flights for Toronto please pass on.
Try Skyscanner mate

Freeloader
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Freeloader » 05 Nov 2019, 21:25

Swagger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 16:41 Anybody finds a good price for hotels and flights for Toronto please pass on.
Hays Travel doing deals for different teams. £685 for Cas game

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 05 Nov 2019, 21:30

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:00 I think it's a VERY favourable fixture list:
Toronto will be the weakest team. We play them three times, twice in the UK.
We play Catalans three times, but we only travel to France once. They tend to struggle more than most away from home.
We've got Huddersfield three times. They were pretty poor last year and I don't see how they have improved (yet).
We've got Wigan three times, but only once away. Same with Hull FC. Places we struggle to win. If we have to play them three times, I'd rather these be the teams we play twice at home.
The teams we play away from home twice are not teams who use it to great advantage (Warrington and Leeds).
We only play Saints twice.
Three of our last four fixtures are home games (Toronto, Warrington and Huddersfield). The other is Leeds away. That could be a significant advantage. Three home games from the last four and only one against a team who finished in the top half in 2019.
I think the loop fixtures generally, Magic, our home/away loop fixtures and the run-in have fallen well for us.
Great post NT. Good balance to your comments - think you're right based on last season's competition.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Nov 2019, 22:52

SuffolkTiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 21:30
nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:00 I think it's a VERY favourable fixture list:
Toronto will be the weakest team. We play them three times, twice in the UK.
We play Catalans three times, but we only travel to France once. They tend to struggle more than most away from home.
We've got Huddersfield three times. They were pretty poor last year and I don't see how they have improved (yet).
We've got Wigan three times, but only once away. Same with Hull FC. Places we struggle to win. If we have to play them three times, I'd rather these be the teams we play twice at home.
The teams we play away from home twice are not teams who use it to great advantage (Warrington and Leeds).
We only play Saints twice.
Three of our last four fixtures are home games (Toronto, Warrington and Huddersfield). The other is Leeds away. That could be a significant advantage. Three home games from the last four and only one against a team who finished in the top half in 2019.
I think the loop fixtures generally, Magic, our home/away loop fixtures and the run-in have fallen well for us.
Great post NT. Good balance to your comments - think you're right based on last season's competition.
Good analysis NT.We really do seem to have a more favourable set of extra fixtures this year

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Nov 2019, 00:03

HuddsTigers wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 13:36
nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:02
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 10:43 The club has clearly made a decision to move to Friday nights.
Nice to be consulted. Oh we were and the vast majority wanted Sundays.
The vast majority also want fewer games moved, and moving to Friday does this.
The club can't win on this one.
Indeed.

People complain they aren't buying STs because they don't know when games are and can't plan (hurting the club in the process, when Sky is the problem).

Club do something to mitigate this and people moan again. They cannot win. There's elements the club aren't necessarily doing well or that could be improved but do also think some people need to cut them a bit of slack at times.

The other factor is the Women's games and also reserves, which the club has to consider too to maximise attendances for both.

However, I hope the club consider asking Sky for as much notice as possible towards the back end of the season and that they look to move any non-selected games back to Sunday if practical to do so.
Good explanation by the club of their thinking and work with the league on the fixture list in the latest release.
Fair enough. The world has moved on.
Ironically I don’t think your idea of potentially moving games from Friday to Sunday later in the season should be considered in a scenario where certainty has become important in putting a fixture list together. We have become a Friday night club again , and that’s it.

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 06 Nov 2019, 09:17

I too reckon the loop fixtures have been favourable to Cas. I suppose one gripe may be having to play Catalans early in the season which might deter a few fans from travelling, but it may be an advantage to the players not having to play in Perpignan in soaring temperatures and enhance the chances of a win. Also playing Catalans at Magic Weekend may not be as attractive as playing say Leeds, Wakefield or Hull FC, but is certainly better than having to play Saints, and with a 3pm kickoff gives fans the opportunity of not having to stay overnight if that’s what they prefer. I notice though that there is no mention of Catalans home games being televised on Sky next season, maybe only available on French TV?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Nov 2019, 09:51

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 10:43 The club has clearly made a decision to move to Friday nights.
move any non-selected games back to Sunday if practical to do so.
So, do you think that fans are happy for games to be moved at short notice as long as they’re being moved back to Sunday’s?? I don’t. I will plan my attendance to games based on the fixture list now and, if changes mean I can’t go, so be it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Nov 2019, 10:45

Freeloader wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 21:25
that looks a good price nearly £400 wanted for a four night stay in a four star i have been quoted

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 06 Nov 2019, 12:19

Sounds interesting, any link?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Nov 2019, 13:04

I've seen that knocking about on facebook, however, when you factor in the 16 hours of travel to and back, doesn't seem worth it for 3 days, unless you make it a week and a holiday, then it will obviously be dearer.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Nov 2019, 13:43

Fumper27 wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 09:51
move any non-selected games back to Sunday if practical to do so.
So, do you think that fans are happy for games to be moved at short notice as long as they’re being moved back to Sunday’s?? I don’t. I will plan my attendance to games based on the fixture list now and, if changes mean I can’t go, so be it.
Some games won't be short notice, picked at 4+ weeks notice.

The club has to do what is best financially and I think that is moving any games we can back to Sunday within a reasonable timeframe. More home fans, better for away fans.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 06 Nov 2019, 14:18

Its saying kick off time for the match against Toronto at headingley is 9.30am on tigers website. Is this right?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Nov 2019, 14:18

derkster wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 14:18 Its saying kick off time for the match against Toronto at headingley is 9.30am on tigers website. Is this right?

No
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 06 Nov 2019, 14:23

That makes it 2.30 PM in Canada. So official cas tigers website is wrong then?