2020 Kit

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: 2020 Kit

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Oct 2019, 14:04

Comedy Central about right...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Oct 2019, 14:12

nottinghamtiger wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 17:56
tallguyx wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 17:17 The stuff looks like xblades type stuff with a different badge on. Good luck to the club for trying something different.
It’s been an interesting couple of years in that respect.
The XBlades shirts in 2015, 2016 and 2017 were designed and manufactured directly by XBlades. Towards the end of 2017, XBlades sold the UK side of the business to Elite Pro Sports, owned by Lee Jenkinson, alongside all the existing deals with clubs, so whilst they retained the XBlades branding they were designed by Elite Pro Sports and manufactured in the Far East.
As the old XBlades deals have come to an end, Oxen (the manufacturing side of Elite Pro Sports) have made new deals with the clubs, essentially just continuing the partnerships already there but putting a different brand on the shirts and other merchandise.
It’s likely that clubs currently with ISC (Hull and Leeds) will go down the same route. They are with ISC at the moment - deals first done when Lee Jenkinson was working for both clubs, coincidently just after he had left ISC! The ISC factory in the UK is due to close this year, and rumour is that the UK side of ISC has been sold to.... Lee Jenkinson! Either they will keep the ISC branding but it will only be in name, as the stuff will be designed by Elite Pro and manufactured through Oxen (even if their branding doesn’t appear on the shirts themselves).
In terms of the Club Castleford concept, I guess it’s a way of trying to increase profits by paying more for supply but not having to hand over as much profit to the manufacturer. I guess it will depend on the specifics of the deal, but be assured that Castleford Tigers are not employing the people who either design or manufacture the merchandise directly. My concern is that Lee very rarely comes out on the wrong side of anything, he’s extremely astute and if he’s agreed to take less profit from sales, he’ll be making that back and more through higher supply costs.
Tbf, he wouldn't be in business very long if he lost money. He's not a Cas fan as far as I know, so it's a business deal.

Now we have no tie into a company, we can get who we want to make and supply or stuff. I especially like the fact that we own the name and rights and can allow others to make products with our name on it. So if someone wants to provide a separate shirt for a one of event, we can allow it and use our branding. A clear win win.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Oct 2019, 15:29

duke street 10 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:10
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 11:58
StevieTheTV wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 09:42 My only hang up is the Club Castleford logo....it didnt need the wording underneath the logo. Nothing major but just would of enhanced the branding for me.
There’s a Club Castleford logo?
I thought we had secured sponsorship from Comedy Central.
Its similar to the Comedy Central logo. Lets hope their lawyers don't think its any reason to get in touch.
Why would they? Most companies would have to pay for advertising on a prime area of a sports team’s shirt. Comedy Central have got it for nothing!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Oct 2019, 17:29

Flat Capper wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:37
Casmania wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:00
tigerfeat wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 11:56 I always thought a logo began being a trademark when you started using it and hence never runs out ...might be wrong like
Unfortunately not, the logo was first registered in 1999, the trademark expired August 5th 2018
Are you saying I could register the Club logo and charge the Club to use it?
In essence yes, but without the words Castleford Tigers

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 30 Oct 2019, 17:46

Using this logic could you make a badge with the tiger though and just put the word castleford underneath.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2019, 18:38

tallguyx wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 17:46 Using this logic could you make a badge with the tiger though and just put the word castleford underneath.
Not necessarily. It depends on who drew the original logo. If the copyright is owned by the club, even without it being trademarked, they could still probably claim copyright infringement.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Oct 2019, 18:41

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 15:29
StevieTheTV wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 09:42 My only hang up is the Club Castleford logo....it didnt need the wording underneath the logo. Nothing major but just would of enhanced the branding for me.
Its similar to the Comedy Central logo. Lets hope their lawyers don't think its any reason to get in touch.
Why would they? Most companies would have to pay for advertising on a prime area of a sports team’s shirt. Comedy Central have got it for nothing!

Ignoring the fact that it's the opposite way around for Comedy Central, I would imagine that they probably aren't going to be too fussed since it's in a different industry and there's clearly no obvious attempt to piggyback off Comedy Central
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Oct 2019, 19:08

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 18:41
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 15:29

Ignoring the fact that it's the opposite way around for Comedy Central, I would imagine that they probably aren't going to be too fussed since it's in a different industry and there's clearly no obvious attempt to piggyback off Comedy Central
I fear you miss the sarcasm. Of course we’re not trying to associate ourselves with Comedy Central. And my point is that they would be happy if people did make the link, as its free sponsorship.
PS - It’s only half the opposite way around.