foot stamping time

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

foot stamping time

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 08:23

Right I am getting royally [REMOVED] off with everyone bagging the club over signings/toilet and beer sales.
We are Cas , we dont have a mega rich sugar daddy so we or the directors try to live within our means unlike other clubs.
What about us taking a £3 million loan from WMDC , you know just the same as the one Wakey have that will never be repaid, or even asked for repayment. Will we be allowed one of those? will we [REMOVED], we will have to continue as we always have , managing .
The so called new ground is a joke and the state of the situation with Axiom is holding the club back, I totally understand the reluctance to invest in WR if its not going to be there in a few years.
And the biggest joke of all are the so called faithful threatening to abandon their season tickets, we all know thats blowing off dont we? OOOOOH look at me im not getting a season ticket, but you will be at the games.
I am sure the people running the club are doing the best they can within the budgets concerned as ever.
All we need now is an out of date beer salesman to come on and start more dire financial rumours, cos he is in the know and is not bitter at all

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: foot stamping time

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Oct 2019, 08:34

You don’t change do you VD 😂😂😂😂😂😂

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Oct 2019, 09:00

Thats right ....we are Cas.

I have had family relatives who supported the club pretty much since they joined the League. They all say or said the same thing we never seem to build on the periods we've had success.

On on couple of occasions some have said when the money came in said Directors at the time took money out. Maybe that rumour was the old Chinese whispers. Its fear which is leading to frustration that we are heading for another lean spell, and with the lack of movement on the new ground and the possibility of licencing coming back people are getting concerned...so they are venting.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 09:10

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:23 Right I am getting royally [REMOVED] off with everyone bagging the club over signings/toilet and beer sales.
We are Cas , we dont have a mega rich sugar daddy so we or the directors try to live within our means unlike other clubs.
What about us taking a £3 million loan from WMDC , you know just the same as the one Wakey have that will never be repaid, or even asked for repayment. Will we be allowed one of those? will we [REMOVED], we will have to continue as we always have , managing .
The so called new ground is a joke and the state of the situation with Axiom is holding the club back, I totally understand the reluctance to invest in WR if its not going to be there in a few years.
And the biggest joke of all are the so called faithful threatening to abandon their season tickets, we all know thats blowing off dont we? OOOOOH look at me im not getting a season ticket, but you will be at the games.
I am sure the people running the club are doing the best they can within the budgets concerned as ever.
All we need now is an out of date beer salesman to come on and start more dire financial rumours, cos he is in the know and is not bitter at all
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
In my opinion the supporters are well within their rights to express concern, especially about the state of the current stadium. My daughter won't attend because she doesn't feel safe going to the toilet as there are no locks on the cubicle doors. That doesn't take a sugar-daddy or significant investment - it's a few quid on door locks; it's apathy and symptomatic of how the club treats the very supporters that are the core of its existence.
The playing squad is always more of a matter of opinion. But I don't think anyone can argue that the club is moving forwards on the field, given the extent of the decline we have seen in 2018 and 2019.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 09:21

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:10
thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:23 Right I am getting royally [REMOVED] off with everyone bagging the club over signings/toilet and beer sales.
In my opinion the supporters are well within their rights to express concern, especially about the state of the current stadium. My daughter won't attend because she doesn't feel safe going to the toilet as there are no locks on the cubicle doors. That doesn't take a sugar-daddy or significant investment - it's a few quid on door locks; it's apathy and symptomatic of how the club treats the very supporters that are the core of its existence.
The playing squad is always more of a matter of opinion. But I don't think anyone can argue that the club is moving forwards on the field, given the extent of the decline we have seen in 2018 and 2019.
I get her concerns but there were locks and they have been damaged, kicked off etc by the "fans". Should the club have to replace them just for some [REMOVED] to kick the door in again. If the "fans cant respect the property why should the club keep spending . Its the same in the gents, there is evidence of vandalism.
We need a definite yes or no on the glasshoughton white elephant, as i said the club is in limbo until they know for sure where we are going to be. WMDC should share the tax dollars more fairly then we may have an upgrade in the loos.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Oct 2019, 09:38

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:21
I get her concerns but there were locks and they have been damaged, kicked off etc by the "fans". Should the club have to replace them just for some [REMOVED] to kick the door in again. If the "fans cant respect the property why should the club keep spending . Its the same in the gents, there is evidence of vandalism.
We need a definite yes or no on the glasshoughton white elephant, as i said the club is in limbo until they know for sure where we are going to be. WMDC should share the tax dollars more fairly then we may have an upgrade in the loos.
I emailed the club about the locks after the final home game of 2018. There were still no locks when she went to the toilet before kick-off at the first game of 2019. Unless the fans have been in over the summer to do some door-kicking, the club just didn't bother.
It must be frustrating for the club to repair damage, but it's just one of the things a company has to do. You wouldn't expect a shop or a restaurant not to have basic facilities because another customer damaged them at some point in the past.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 16 Oct 2019, 12:12

Hi Vinnie

I couldn't agree more mate to be honest, however it is par for the course.

AT the end of every season we get the "Well I'm not renewing my season ticket unless we sign 4 of the current Aussie National Team etc etc etc"

I really do wonder why some people bother following the club if they clearly despise it so much or are only interested in following a team guaranteed to win silverware every single season, personally if I disliked something as much as some on here seem to, I would stop doing it and spend my precious spare time something I did like, I think its more an indication of how sad some peoples lives must be..............

On top of that we have a few other posters with Agendas against the club for one reason or another, who still continue to post tosh rubbishing the club at every opportunity, why they are here at all I cannot begin to understand.

On a final note, I watched with some degree of wonder as the attendance swelled during the finest ever season of rugby I have watched at Cas in 30 odd years of going, and quietly wondered to myself how many would still be here in 2 years time if we didn't continue to stuff everybody, every week.....................

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 16 Oct 2019, 12:14

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:38
thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:21
I emailed the club about the locks after the final home game of 2018. There were still no locks when she went to the toilet before kick-off at the first game of 2019. Unless the fans have been in over the summer to do some door-kicking, the club just didn't bother.
It must be frustrating for the club to repair damage, but it's just one of the things a company has to do. You wouldn't expect a shop or a restaurant not to have basic facilities because another customer damaged them at some point in the past.
Agree that mending the toilet doors is a basic level of maintenance that the club should be on top of to be honest.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 16 Oct 2019, 12:35

I fail to see the reason anything the OP stated affects the clubs total lack of ability in making sure they extract the greatest amount of revenue possible from alcohol sales.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Oct 2019, 12:47

The situatoin is not one of we can't do this, we can't do that but should be more a case of, can we do better with what we've got.

I believe hte lcub can, and should, achieve far more than it does with the resources it has. Smarter recruitment, maximise food and drinks sales, repair the worst tolets in sports stadia history or even build some more amd market the club more effectively through online services.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 13:49

Flat Capper wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 12:47 The situatoin is not one of we can't do this, we can't do that but should be more a case of, can we do better with what we've got.

I believe hte lcub can, and should, achieve far more than it does with the resources it has. Smarter recruitment, maximise food and drinks sales, repair the worst tolets in sports stadia history or even build some more amd market the club more effectively through online services.
but how do you know that a portion of said resources arent being used to keep mr Fulton happy ie. paying some of jacks money back. If the club announced a total revamp of the loos and an extra few bars you can bet your [REMOVED] that this board would erupt with comments about wasting money that could have got us a player. The club need a definite yes or no over the glasshoughton farce to be able to move in any direction. My other point was , Why arent WMDC offering Cas a non returnable £3 million quid? if its good enough for the polecats its good enough for us

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Oct 2019, 14:00

I did say at the time people began to question wether the Axiom business was going to lead to a new ground anytime soon the worst thing that could happen was to be strung along for years hoping it could happen then to find out it wasn't going to happen after all
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 Oct 2019, 15:15

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:49
Flat Capper wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 12:47 The situatoin is not one of we can't do this, we can't do that but should be more a case of, can we do better with what we've got.

but how do you know that a portion of said resources arent being used to keep mr Fulton happy ie. paying some of jacks money back. If the club announced a total revamp of the loos and an extra few bars you can bet your [REMOVED] that this board would erupt with comments about wasting money that could have got us a player. The club need a definite yes or no over the glasshoughton farce to be able to move in any direction. My other point was , Why arent WMDC offering Cas a non returnable £3 million quid? if its good enough for the polecats its good enough for us
Got any evidence of this? If so get it in the public eye becouse it would be a serious breach of the law of the land. It would also screw the Wildcats right up.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 16:13

The Firm wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 15:15

Got any evidence of this? If so get it in the public eye becouse it would be a serious breach of the law of the land. It would also screw the Wildcats right up.
google it. wakey have only to pay interest and not the capital, the wakey fans are proud of their scrounging. Peter Box will have this watertight under some dubious regulation. When i quizzed him about the Cas and knottla swimming pools closure and his statement that there was no money for leisure facilities, he said (or his secretary said) the money for trinity was from a different fund, not leisure. WMDC are not fit for purpose as far as the taxpayers in cas are concerned

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Oct 2019, 16:20

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 16:13
The Firm wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 15:15

google it. wakey have only to pay interest and not the capital, the wakey fans are proud of their scrounging. Peter Box will have this watertight under some dubious regulation. When i quizzed him about the Cas and knottla swimming pools closure and his statement that there was no money for leisure facilities, he said (or his secretary said) the money for trinity was from a different fund, not leisure. WMDC are not fit for purpose as far as the taxpayers in cas are concerned
If i remember correctly it was something to do with brown field site redevelopment and mentioned the old theatre club land(now a carpark for the polecats)

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Oct 2019, 17:16

Please be careful Vinnie. Whilst I do not doubt your genuine concern over the ability of the Pussies to pay it back, you may need more than the 'evidence' of Google to defend libellous statements you may make.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chodbin » 16 Oct 2019, 18:39

I think the crux of the matter for the ‘faithful’ abandoning the season tickets isn’t for what they see as poor recruitment or stadium facilities. It’s the constant switching of games for sky. Many people work shift patterns that are non flexible.
Last season we only had 3 home games on a Sunday. 3 Thursday home fixtures and 8 Friday home fixtures and 1 Saturday home fixture.
If you’re rota’d to work Friday evenings or your shift finishes at say 6 or 7 you will struggle to get to the game.
It’s the unpredictability of fixtures once published that prevents people committing to season tickets. Especially as money is tight for just about everyone these days.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Oct 2019, 09:14

We are tight gets at Cas lol just looked on the website and there advertising for a reserve team manager to do the job on a volantery basis
What kind of person is going to manage the reserve grade for nothing ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 Oct 2019, 10:55

A dedicated Cas fan who has time on his hands, and a bit of experience of coaching RL, Lets face it we have loads on hear who seem qualified for the job.

If I was fit I would relish the job.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Oct 2019, 11:59

The Manager isn’t the coach. It’s just someone who is going to support by making sure the kit is put out etc.

Don’t agree with it being voluntary but suited for someone local who wants to get close to coaching staff, perhaps learn a thing or two about professional environment or even someone retired with a bit of time on their hands to support the club.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!