Injury Update

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5391
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Injury Update

Post by mart0042 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am

So the update says all back for the season start.Good news.

Hoping our international players don't get injured, but seeing that it's Bennett in charge, they probably won't get a game.

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1606
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by heritage1926 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 am

I also hear Feki will be with us at some point in November, so everything's looking good at the minute.

Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4121
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Injury Update

Post by Mysterio » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 am

mart0042 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am
So the update says all back for the season start.Good news.

Hoping our international players don't get injured, but seeing that it's Bennett in charge, they probably won't get a game.
Not really, Jnr won’t be, nor foster.
Junior is a massive part of our pack.
Instead of in detail Injury update I’d much prefer a ‘rebuild and analysis of squad is underway’ type message,
Audacter Et Sincere

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5391
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Injury Update

Post by mart0042 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:14 am

Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 am
mart0042 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am
So the update says all back for the season start.Good news.

Hoping our international players don't get injured, but seeing that it's Bennett in charge, they probably won't get a game.
Not really, Jnr won’t be, nor foster.
Junior is a massive part of our pack.
Instead of in detail Injury update I’d much prefer a ‘rebuild and analysis of squad is underway’ type message,
Well I can see the rebuild taking place already. Some enforced some not.

We have some money in the pot if we need it and the board haven't been stopping us get the right players. Some don't pay off some do.

But we've lost, all bar gale, players who wouldn't have been in the starting 17 if everyone was fit. But gained Feki, Griffin. Richardson (when announced), who should be in the 17.

In regards Foster and junior they may be ready for the start of the season but will go into a mini pre season, unless we get another horrific injury list.
Last edited by mart0042 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4121
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Injury Update

Post by Mysterio » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am

From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
Audacter Et Sincere

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5391
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Injury Update

Post by mart0042 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 am

Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
The last thing we need is him bringing in another Watts. Sorry for the sarcasm.

derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Injury Update

Post by derbystiger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:43 pm

mart0042 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 am
Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
The last thing we need is him bringing in another Watts. Sorry for the sarcasm.
Can we actually credit Wells with bringing in Watts though? If Liams version of how it happened is to be believed Jamie Ellis is the one who instigated it?!

Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by Swagger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
Salford showed this year it's not all about the big signings!! They have maybe 2 or 3 top players.

I believe if we can stay reasonably injury free we will make play offs.

Could be tough next year though. Saints, Wigan and Wire all got a strong squad next year as well as maybe Leeds, Hull and who knows with Catalan and Toronto.

Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: Injury Update

Post by Sharlotiger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Swagger wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
Salford showed this year it's not all about the big signings!! They have maybe 2 or 3 top players.

I believe if we can stay reasonably injury free we will make play offs.

Could be tough next year though. Saints, Wigan and Wire all got a strong squad next year as well as maybe Leeds, Hull and who knows with Catalan and Toronto.
Salford had outstanding players in the pivotal positions we didn't and wont again next year.

gateman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3112
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Injury Update

Post by gateman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm

a few of our players are in the twilight of their rugby c arrears long contracts too older players how ever good a servant to the club they have been, to me is not a good idea

Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4121
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Injury Update

Post by Mysterio » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 am

Sharlotiger wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:26 pm
Swagger wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
Salford showed this year it's not all about the big signings!! They have maybe 2 or 3 top players.

I believe if we can stay reasonably injury free we will make play offs.

Could be tough next year though. Saints, Wigan and Wire all got a strong squad next year as well as maybe Leeds, Hull and who knows with Catalan and Toronto.
Salford had outstanding players in the pivotal positions we didn't and wont again next year.
Spot on sharlo

Nobody is after a glittering 1-17 but we need quality players in important positions.
Audacter Et Sincere

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5391
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Injury Update

Post by mart0042 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 am

derbystiger wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:43 pm
mart0042 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 am
Mysterio wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am
From where I’m sat, there isn’t anything positive happening to push us into a top 4 team again.

We desperately need a full shake up and new blood brought in but I genuinely fear the quality we need will not be acquired by Wells.
The last thing we need is him bringing in another Watts. Sorry for the sarcasm.
Can we actually credit Wells with bringing in Watts though? If Liams version of how it happened is to be believed Jamie Ellis is the one who instigated it?!
I think you'll find if the club instigated the talking to of a contracted player we'd be in trouble. However, Wells conducts the process once a fee is decided.

Post Reply