TIGERS SIGN GALES REPLACEMENT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

TIGERS SIGN GALES REPLACEMENT

Post by Swagger » 01 Oct 2019, 08:25

Yes it's Danny Richardson but won't be announced until after GF.

Him and Trust both young so could be a great bit of business. Brings a great kicking game with him and a real good goal kicker. Just needs to sort his defence out.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TIGERS SIGN GALES REPLACEMENT

Post by Aid » 01 Oct 2019, 08:35

We need a quality replacement for Jamie Ellis as well. We cannot go into another season without three quality half backs.
cum on you Ford

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Oct 2019, 08:38

When one door shuts, another opens. We squeezed everything we could of out of Gale in the end.

Really looking forward to Richardson coming in and giving us something different. Hopefully his time with Saints and being around world class players has rubbed off on him. One thing is, we should never lose a game on goal kicks again.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Oct 2019, 08:39

I'm guessing Pete will be a back up to pretty much the FB, Centre and half back positions next year. Can't see us bringing in another half and I believe we will announce Rankin as our FB spot going forward. Needs to sort his defensive positioning out but he offers us alot going forward from the FB spot.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 01 Oct 2019, 09:04

Swagger wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 08:39 I'm guessing Pete will be a back up to pretty much the FB, Centre and half back positions next year. Can't see us bringing in another half and I believe we will announce Rankin as our FB spot going forward. Needs to sort his defensive positioning out but he offers us alot going forward from the FB spot.
I like Pete tbh.he could deffo push Shenton for starting centre I reckon.as a lot of utility value which will see him play most weeks.could deffo claim a bench spot every week

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 01 Oct 2019, 09:21

Accidentally merged this with the Gale thread, might have forgot to bring some posts back in
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Oct 2019, 09:32

Swagger wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 08:25 Yes it's Danny Richardson but won't be announced until after GF.

Him and Trust both young so could be a great bit of business. Brings a great kicking game with him and a real good goal kicker. Just needs to sort his defence out.
You would hope it opens the door for not just Richardson but another player too given what Gale will have been on.

But knowing Cas they will just pocket the Cash instead.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Oct 2019, 09:48

fords wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 09:32
Swagger wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 08:25 Yes it's Danny Richardson but won't be announced until after GF.

That’s a bit unfair given, in the last few seasons, we’ve spent money bringing the following players to the club:
Zak Hardaker
Liam Watts
Peter Mata’utia
Danny Richardson (TBC)
Joe Wardle

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 01 Oct 2019, 10:05

You would hope it opens the door for not just Richardson but another player too given what Gale will have been on.

Pay Fulton some money I bet

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 01 Oct 2019, 13:02

I would be using a chunk of that cash to prize Evalds from Salford. I personally think we need another big 'Moores' type player to replace Junior if he decides he's had enough.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 01 Oct 2019, 18:26

If we have signed Richardson and we can also get another quality player in the same mould as Evalrs then why would anybody’s day be sorry to lose a player who has been injured for 2 years an given us nothing on the field?

He was instrumental in our finest hour and I will always be thankful for that and those memories will be there for ever. His last 2 years will not due to injuries.

Thank you LG and we move on to 2020.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Oct 2019, 19:55

Fumper27 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 09:48

That’s a bit unfair given, in the last few seasons, we’ve spent money bringing the following players to the club:
Zak Hardaker
Liam Watts
Peter Mata’utia
Danny Richardson (TBC)
Joe Wardle
Your right TBF my bad. Seeing that it was unfair on the club.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 01 Oct 2019, 21:16

Andrew6666 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 13:02 I would be using a chunk of that cash to prize Evalds from Salford. I personally think we need another big 'Moores' type player to replace Junior if he decides he's had enough.
I think Evalds would cost more than a chunk of the cash we have left after the Richardson fee. He's a quality full back in his prime and has been at Salford since he was 15.

I think the fee Salford would demand more than we got for Gale to be honest (depending on his remaining contract length which I can't find on his last contract press releases).

Doubt he's an option for us at all.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 01 Oct 2019, 21:45

KB80 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 21:16
Andrew6666 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 13:02 I would be using a chunk of that cash to prize Evalds from Salford. I personally think we need another big 'Moores' type player to replace Junior if he decides he's had enough.
I think Evalds would cost more than a chunk of the cash we have left after the Richardson fee. He's a quality full back in his prime and has been at Salford since he was 15.

I think the fee Salford would demand more than we got for Gale to be honest (depending on his remaining contract length which I can't find on his last contract press releases).

Doubt he's an option for us at all.
I was hoping they were cash strapped. I suppose being there that long he may not wish to leave either. Very good player.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Oct 2019, 08:34

Fumper27 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 09:48

Zak Hardaker
Liam Watts
Peter Mata’utia
Danny Richardson (TBC)
Joe Wardle
With very much mixed results Zak was outstanding but ended up setting the club back
Mata'utia signed as a full -back but within a short period clearly not good enough to play that role for a top 4 super league side
Wardle 60 odd grand shelled out for him and within a year been touted around other super league sides in a effort to get shut
Watts carried the forwards almost single handed at times last year one of best signings we've made in recent times
Danny we will have to see I'm hopeful he will be a good un
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CoachHusky

Post by CoachHusky » 03 Oct 2019, 09:26

https://youtu.be/RTLmgfmZn4A

Boys going to thrive under powell!!!
All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 03 Oct 2019, 10:50

The only thing that currently bothers me regarding Richardson is his defence, it's not great and not something that can be taught. You either can or can't tackle.

However, the pro’s far out way with the cons with him. A ridiculously cool head on a young lads shoulders. We might just have ourselves a good en here. If he can sort a few aspects of his game out, mainly his out of hand kicking game, worlds his oyster at Cas, where he will get game time and full support.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 Oct 2019, 10:51

CoachHusky wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 09:26 https://youtu.be/RTLmgfmZn4A

Boys going to thrive under powell!!!
Thanks for posting that. Once confirmed, lets hope that the coaching staff can turn him into an international half back.

Fingers crossed.....!!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Oct 2019, 10:56

heritage1926 wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 10:50 The only thing that currently bothers me regarding Richardson is his defence, it's not great and not something that can be taught. You either can or can't tackle.
When signing a new half-back I don't think you should be looking at defence. An half-back's primary job is not tackling. We have the forwards to do that job. Cas Tigers have needed and lacked someone who can prize open a defensive line - Richardson fits that bill IMO.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2019, 10:59

Tigerade wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 10:56
heritage1926 wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 10:50 The only thing that currently bothers me regarding Richardson is his defence, it's not great and not something that can be taught. You either can or can't tackle.
When signing a new half-back I don't think you should be looking at defence. An half-back's primary job is not tackling. We have the forwards to do that job. Cas Tigers have needed and lacked someone who can prize open a defensive line - Richardson fits that bill IMO.
exactly ....what impressed me watching a bit of that was twice hes running at full pelt and puts a kick in that lands just where he wanted it to great skill that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi