GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Gale

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 Sep 2019, 18:52

steadygetyerboots-on wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 08:26
Andrew6666 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:They only make money on new contracts
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Say an agents fee is 5% for example and the player is on 100k a year, the agent will get 5k of that a year not 5% of the entire contracts worth on signing.

But sure, you ban agents then players won't get endorsements, cars on the cheap etc etc. Agents do more for players than you'd ever imagine based on your clueless comments.
Like I said 'my opinion' but you've childishly resorted to insults. Some of the posters on here seriously need to act their age, almost every post that someone doesn't agree with just goes downhill with insults. Pathetic.
But that’s the problem with your opinion, it’s ill-informed & not based on evidence; just what you “think”.
You’ve since been presented with evidence & you’re choosing to ignore it because it doesn’t suit your opinion.
There’s an old saying that when the facts change so should your opinion.
My opinion hasn't changed, agents are a scurge on ALL sport. I can keep repeating it, but some don't like it.

Also, just for your future reference the 'example' that was posted is not necessarily 'evidence' or fact, it was an example of what 'might' or 'may' happen - unless the poster is the player or the agent, I don't think we can deem this as 'evidence', it's just another opinion.
Last edited by Andrew6666 on 15 Sep 2019, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 15 Sep 2019, 18:57

Noticed no pictures of Gale at the awards ceremony on facebook ?? Every other player but not Gale.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Sep 2019, 18:58

westerbeast wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 18:57 Noticed no pictures of Gale at the awards ceremony on facebook ?? Every other player but not Gale.
Might not have been in any photos, but he was there.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Sep 2019, 19:15

As other this thread. He’s posted a vid of him there on Instagram.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 15 Sep 2019, 19:44

That's good to know.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Sep 2019, 19:58

Andrew6666 wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 18:52
Andrew6666 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Say an agents fee is 5% for example and the player is on 100k a year, the agent will get 5k of that a year not 5% of the entire contracts worth on signing.

But sure, you ban agents then players won't get endorsements, cars on the cheap etc etc. Agents do more for players than you'd ever imagine based on your clueless comments.
Like I said 'my opinion' but you've childishly resorted to insults. Some of the posters on here seriously need to act their age, almost every post that someone doesn't agree with just goes downhill with insults. Pathetic.
But that’s the problem with your opinion, it’s ill-informed & not based on evidence; just what you “think”.
You’ve since been presented with evidence & you’re choosing to ignore it because it doesn’t suit your opinion.
My opinion hasn't changed, agents are a scurge on ALL sport. I can keep repeating it, but some don't like it.

Also, just for your future reference the 'example' that was posted is not necessarily 'evidence' or fact, it was an example of what 'might' or 'may' happen - unless the poster is the player or the agent, I don't think we can deem this as 'evidence', it's just another opinion.
It's how agents work, just because it doesn't suit your narrative no need to cry about it. Or do you genuinely believe they take a cut of the entire contract amount at signing?

I assume you also have the same opinion of lawyers/solicitors too?

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 Sep 2019, 20:12

TheSheriff wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 19:58
Andrew6666 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

It's how agents work, just because it doesn't suit your narrative no need to cry about it. Or do you genuinely believe they take a cut of the entire contract amount at signing?

I assume you also have the same opinion of lawyers/solicitors too?
Definitely no crying here :D , just an opinion.

I don't think solicitors 'unsettle' their clients for self benefit - or at least the solicitors I have dealt with haven't. If by charging high hourly rates, then yes they are probably comparable.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 15 Sep 2019, 21:58

Andrew6666 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear; the evidence I was referring to was what I posted about an agent who i know who goes above and beyond for his clients.
Agents are like people in any profession; some are good & some are not.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Sep 2019, 00:04

gale was in some pics but so was keiran gill who is at newcastle full time.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2019, 06:53

In league express Agar gone to Australia try and do some business maybe Leeds are looking for other options then Gale now
And leeds are looking to offload Myler to a rugby union club so they can bring there new half -back in ....whoever that may be
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 16 Sep 2019, 08:18

Have leeds got any quota spots left to use?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Sep 2019, 08:29

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 06:53 In league express Agar gone to Australia try and do some business maybe Leeds are looking for other options then Gale now
And leeds are looking to offload Myler to a rugby union club so they can bring there new half -back in ....whoever that may be
Standard end of season scouting procedure that isn't it?

Gone to Australia on 'business' lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2019, 08:37

Aye bit like bloke at saints employing a highly regarded Nrl assistant and having a few months every other year in Sydney looking for next one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 16 Sep 2019, 10:48

steadygetyerboots-on wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 21:58
Andrew6666 wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear; the evidence I was referring to was what I posted about an agent who i know who goes above and beyond for his clients.

Therefore my opinion should remain.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Sep 2019, 11:12

My gut tells me he's leaving. He's been really quiet recently on social media regarding anything Cas and at the awards night at the weekend, he kept low key, no photos of himself from the official Cas photographer or himself. Now, usually, he's the type of bloke who is in every shot, the man loves himself, which to me suggests something is going on. I think we've seen the last of him.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2019, 12:37

I'm the opposite. He's not played all season so I wouldn't expect the focus to be on him. The photographs will be of everyone attending, the sponsors and the award winners, which given we have - I think - 3 teams being awarded on the same evening (1st Team, Academy and Women's), I think it's unsurprising.

Again, could just be me, but while I think he's very much someone who is strong in the media and grabs media attention, I think that's more down to his skillset, profile and how passionate he is about the game (look at his training camps for example) than someone that's hedonistic and only thinks of himself.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 16 Sep 2019, 13:09

Andrew6666 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 10:48
steadygetyerboots-on wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 21:58
Andrew6666 wrote: Like I said 'my opinion' but you've childishly resorted to insults. Some of the posters on here seriously need to act their age, almost every post that someone doesn't agree with just goes downhill with insults. Pathetic.

Therefore my opinion should remain.
Depends whether you still wish to tar all agents with the same brush without having any actual knowledge of what your talking about.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 16 Sep 2019, 19:34

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 12:37 I'm the opposite. He's not played all season so I wouldn't expect the focus to be on him. The photographs will be of everyone attending, the sponsors and the award winners, which given we have - I think - 3 teams being awarded on the same evening (1st Team, Academy and Women's), I think it's unsurprising.

Again, could just be me, but while I think he's very much someone who is strong in the media and grabs media attention, I think that's more down to his skillset, profile and how passionate he is about the game (look at his training camps for example) than someone that's hedonistic and only thinks of himself.
Gale has gone, to be announced after playoffs. I dont usually get involved in these rumours but the guy who has just this minute txt me is in the inner circle and i believe him.
As usual its an undisclosed fee.
I dont know how to feel about this one, will he ever be the same player again after these lay offs and injuries?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Sep 2019, 19:44

Seeing I started this rumour about 3 months ago, I must add , the inside info I was told at the time, was confirmed again by the same person last night (Sunday) Still won't believe it till he has finally waved goodbye.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 22:08

The rumour is becoming too hot now.
Unfortunately we’re nearing a position a statement needs releasing IMO.
it’s my view gale and A N Other may be moved on with 2/3 high quality players coming in during the next few months,
Just my opinion.
Audacter Et Sincere