GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » 01 Aug 2019, 08:41

Toffycat wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:As I said a few days ago Hardaker and Richardson to Cas and Gale to Leeds
When can we expect this announcment mucky
1st April
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 01 Aug 2019, 08:58

Mucky1978 wrote:As I said a few days ago Hardaker and Richardson to Cas and Gale to Leeds
If true which I don't knowing cas we will stick we Ellis and trueman and realise half way through season need a half back that's any good at creating attacking moves and panick simalar to fullback and centre situations and get somebody substabdard

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Aug 2019, 09:07

Don't think that would happen but think we would go for someone like Richardson which as you say would be taking the pee out of the supporters for the third year runing
Don't think it will happen tho myself
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 01 Aug 2019, 13:09

tigerfeat wrote:Don't think that would happen but think we would go for someone like Richardson which as you say would be taking the pee out of the supporters for the third year runing
Thought we were looking at Matty Smith as a like for like replacement with him being allowed to leave the Dragons?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Aug 2019, 20:26

I actually think Richardson is going to be a great player, i would swap him for gale but id be happy with him as our back up half behind gale n Trueman
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 01 Aug 2019, 23:05

Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Don't think that would happen but think we would go for someone like Richardson which as you say would be taking the pee out of the supporters for the third year runing
Thought we were looking at Matty Smith as a like for like replacement with him being allowed to leave the Dragons?
Please no

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 02 Aug 2019, 10:43

jackknife wrote:I actually think Richardson is going to be a great player, i would swap him for gale but id be happy with him as our back up half behind gale n Trueman
I must admit I don’t understand the negativity around Danny Richardson other than the usual negativity and whinging, I think he was superb last year and my man of steel and absolute gem of a player that Powell could make even better, would be delighted with that signing.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Aug 2019, 11:00

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:
jackknife wrote:I actually think Richardson is going to be a great player, i would swap him for gale but id be happy with him as our back up half behind gale n Trueman
I must admit I don’t understand the negativity around Danny Richardson other than the usual negativity and whinging, I think he was superb last year and my man of steel and absolute gem of a player that Powell could make even better, would be delighted with that signing.
Not sure why he’d up root from Lancashire to come to Cas to be 3rd choice half back, when he can do it at the best club in the league.

His defence is also very suspect, bordering on turnstile. Definitely misses more tackles than he makes. One thing you can say about Galey is, for a small bloke, he doesn’t mind getting stuck in. Never shirks away from defensive duties.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Aug 2019, 11:04

richardson dosnt take the line on he gets caught not knowing what to do with the ball on the last tackle time after time his kicking game is average apart from his goal kicking when hes played this year behind the best pack in the league hes still looked average hence hes at leigh when saints have no injuries
his defending is poor also
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Aug 2019, 11:34

tigerfeat wrote:richardson dosnt take the line on he gets caught not knowing what to do with the ball on the last tackle time after time his kicking game is average apart from his goal kicking when hes played this year behind the best pack in the league hes still looked average hence hes at leigh when saints have no injuries
I disagree with nearly everything you've said there but be boring if everyone had same opinion.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Aug 2019, 11:37

heritage1926 wrote:
Easy Tiger 2 wrote:
Not sure why he’d up root from Lancashire to come to Cas to be 3rd choice half back, when he can do it at the best club in the league.

His defence is also very suspect, bordering on turnstile. Definitely misses more tackles than he makes. One thing you can say about Galey is, for a small bloke, he doesn’t mind getting stuck in. Never shirks away from defensive duties.
Maybe the chance to be coached by 3 very good half backs with the chance to take an aging gales place.

All depends who next sts coach is and where they see Richardson in the pecking order.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Aug 2019, 11:37

yeah course mate
hope he goes on and proves me wrong as well
Vince Lombardi

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 02 Aug 2019, 22:57

heritage1926 wrote:
Easy Tiger 2 wrote:

Galey needs to steer club from Jason Tamalola though. Still laugh now when I think of him attempting to to tackle him up top v Tonga in World Cup semi :D

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Aug 2019, 15:21

Not sure if anyone as seen Luke gales Instagram or twitter pages.
He’s been practicing taking goal kicks.
Good to see.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 03 Aug 2019, 17:37

old cas lass wrote:Not sure if anyone as seen Luke gales Instagram or twitter pages.
He’s been practicing taking goal kicks.
Good to see.
Got to admit it brought a smile to my face.hope he plays this season

Liam1986

Post by Liam1986 » 03 Aug 2019, 17:51

tigerfeat wrote:richardson dosnt take the line on he gets caught not knowing what to do with the ball on the last tackle time after time his kicking game is average apart from his goal kicking when hes played this year behind the best pack in the league hes still looked average hence hes at leigh when saints have no injuries
:clap: :clap:

Liam1986

Post by Liam1986 » 03 Aug 2019, 17:54

The Firm wrote:Furner is sorted, going back very soon. Caddick is dipping into his bank account so the Rhinos could well stump up, problem for them is the salary cap.

He should not be allowed to go without a suitable replacement. As for that possible replacement who is available? Patton is under contract and Richardson is nowhere near good enough. We’ve no quota space unless someone is leaving, but then if they do they would need replacing as well. Maybe Ryan Hampshire but we have been there before. Not many others available.
:clap: :clap:

AlephGreen

Post by AlephGreen » 08 Aug 2019, 13:10

As a neutral let me say this - am I correct in saying Gale suffered a ruptured Achilles? If so this means he will not return to being the player he was in his prime. His straight line speed should be largely unaffected. But lateral agility will be compromised significantly and he will more than likely be forced to modify his game in some way.

The NBA performed studies into players who suffered a similar injury going back 30 years. 3 out of 10 were forced to retire early. For the remainder rehabilitation took 12-16 months FROM the date of being cleared to play. Generally speaking those players who got  over the first season (during which they often missed significant periods through injury) managed to return to something approaching their former level. But it was a long and difficult road and ALL of them were forced to adjust their game. This subject is particularly relevant because of the recent catastrophic injury to the Golden State Warriors power forward Kevin Durant.

With my Saints head on for a moment - this injury finished Paul Newlove's career and ended Tommy Martyn's ability to sidestep effectively.

On the subject of Richardson - the kid has all the talent in the world but his confidence is shot to pieces. Yes, there are some problems in his game but these are largely a product of a lack of maturity. He's three times the talent of Fages but he needs a good coach who can inspire him. Given the nature of Gale's injury  I think he would be a great signing for you guys. But whether Saints will let him go I have my doubts.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 08 Aug 2019, 16:22

Take your point but players do and have come back from a ruptured Achilles,Dan Carter being the prime example and he did ok.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Aug 2019, 16:59

AlephGreen wrote:As a neutral let me say this - am I correct in saying Gale suffered a ruptured Achilles? If so this means he will not return to being the player he was in his prime. His straight line speed should be largely unaffected. But lateral agility will be compromised significantly and he will more than likely be forced to modify his game in some way.

The NBA performed studies into players who suffered a similar injury going back 30 years. 3 out of 10 were forced to retire early. For the remainder rehabilitation took 12-16 months FROM the date of being cleared to play. Generally speaking those players who got  over the first season (during which they often missed significant periods through injury) managed to return to something approaching their former level. But it was a long and difficult road and ALL of them were forced to adjust their game. This subject is particularly relevant because of the recent catastrophic injury to the Golden State Warriors power forward Kevin Durant.

With my Saints head on for a moment - this injury finished Paul Newlove's career and ended Tommy Martyn's ability to sidestep effectively.

On the subject of Richardson - the kid has all the talent in the world but his confidence is shot to pieces. Yes, there are some problems in his game but these are largely a product of a lack of maturity. He's three times the talent of Fages but he needs a good coach who can inspire him. Given the nature of Gale's injury  I think he would be a great signing for you guys. But whether Saints will let him go I have my doubts.
The NBA is an irrelevant comparison. Basketball is played on a hard surface with high impact on the Achilles in terms of leaping from a standing foot and landing on one foot. Completely different to RL.
The aspect of RL that is most relevant to an Achilles is the step between moving backwards and forwards in defence. That back foot that lands in a backwards motion and is then needed to push forwards is vulnerable as the Achilles comes under strain. I suspect Luke will adapt his game (at least to start with) so he doesn’t use his injured Achilles to push off from the defensive line.