GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Gale

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Sep 2019, 11:49

You can only have two marquee players.

Don’t think Myler is OOC until end of next year either. To be honest, I think it’s clear they are targeting a half. Powell himself said so. Sounds to me like they are making approaches for any decent half in SL.

Tried for Gale because they think we will bend over. From watching Connor play the other night it wouldn’t surprise me if Hull got rid and freed up more cap space. Looks like someone who wants to go/has issues with teammates.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 09 Sep 2019, 11:52

Hurrels a maque at the moment so they have to pay him out right or pay him less.so if merrin,gaoe and connor is the marques then someone isnt getting the money they would be wanting

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 09 Sep 2019, 12:17

HuddsTigers wrote:You can only have two marquee players.

Don’t think Myler is OOC until end of next year either. To be honest, I think it’s clear they are targeting a half. Powell himself said so. Sounds to me like they are making approaches for any decent half in SL.

Tried for Gale because they think we will bend over. From watching Connor play the other night it wouldn’t surprise me if Hull got rid and freed up more cap space. Looks like someone who wants to go/has issues with teammates.
Thought I read it was 3 next season.

I think Myler will be told he isn't wanted and released if he finds a new club, heard Hull KR mentioned.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 09 Sep 2019, 12:18

Bolton-tiger wrote:Hurrels a maque at the moment so they have to pay him out right or pay him less.so if merrin,gaoe and connor is the marques then someone isnt getting the money they would be wanting
Pretty sure Merrin and Watkins were the marques at Leeds this season.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Sep 2019, 12:28

Has he gone yet?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 09 Sep 2019, 12:35

KB80 wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Hurrels a maque at the moment so they have to pay him out right or pay him less.so if merrin,gaoe and connor is the marques then someone isnt getting the money they would be wanting
I'm pretty sure that the 2 marquees at Leeds are Hurrell and Merrin, which was the catalyst to Watkins taking his ball home. Didn't he fall out with them because he claimed that he had been promised a pay-rise and marquee status from the start of the season which Leeds then renaged on by going down the Hurrell / Merrin route??

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Sep 2019, 12:36

Lolohea won't have been cheap

Martin won't be playing for peanuts
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 09 Sep 2019, 12:38

KB80 wrote:
No, Watkins was due to be the marquee player next year but because both spots were taken by Hurrell & Merrin and be wouldn't take a pay cut they had to let him go.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Sep 2019, 17:16

TheSheriff wrote:
KB80 wrote:
No, Watkins was due to be the marquee player next year but because both spots were taken by Hurrell & Merrin and be wouldn't take a pay cut they had to let him go.
Pretty bad way to treat him tbh
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Sep 2019, 17:20

I'm sure next year's Coach won't allow such discgraceful behaviour, well not unless King Kev tells him to! :D
Spreading the Cas gene pool

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 09 Sep 2019, 20:07

TheSheriff wrote:
KB80 wrote:
Fair dos.

Next time someone on here thinks about criticising Blair (whos doing a decent job imo) I'd suggest they watch marque Hurrells defensive 'highlights' and decide weather it's justified!

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 10 Sep 2019, 05:31

Flat Capper wrote:I'm sure next year's Coach won't allow such discgraceful behaviour, well not unless King Kev tells him to! :D
This years coach is next years coach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leeds Whinos the gift that keeps giving

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Sep 2019, 06:29

So is Gale staying or going ??
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 10 Sep 2019, 13:23

Still waiting for the announcement.
Hopefully no news is good news.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Sep 2019, 13:53

With everyone one "in the know" about gale he's going - he's staying, better than brexit, people are saying we need a quality replacement... People are forgetting gales been to Bradford, harlequins and donny was let go from Leeds so hardly quality teams. People were moaning when he signed cos he wasn't good enough. Careful what you wish for lol.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Sep 2019, 14:00

The rumours over the weekend were very positive that he was going and that the announcement would be soon
I’ve never seen such a strong rumour get so little coverage other than on this site.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 10 Sep 2019, 14:07

Tamworth Tiger wrote:The rumours over the weekend were very positive that he was going and that the announcement would be soon
I’ve never seen such a strong rumour get so little coverage other than on this site.
Over 10 pages added over the weekend... we await the announcement without holding our breath!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Sep 2019, 14:27

Weren't there talks of extending the marquee rule to 3 players at the beginning of the year? Maybe we have to wait for end of season to see if Leeds sign another one. I'm not too fussed either way if Gale leaves as long as we find a good replacement. Trueman is the future and we need try to retain him and build around him. If Gale goes, then so be it as long as we don't expect Ellis to fill his boots or somebody like Richie Myler.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Sep 2019, 14:35

Tamworth Tiger wrote:The rumours over the weekend were very positive that he was going and that the announcement would be soon
Some good judges who wouldn't have come out strong unless they were certain he was going on here
So it is somewhat of a puzzle
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 10 Sep 2019, 16:40

LETS HOPE ITS NOT TRUEMAN THEY ARE AFTER :shock: :shock: