GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

Post by Leeds tiger » 01 Oct 2019, 12:26

I know the deal is good for us but even so I can’t help but feel a bit sad. Gale was pure class for us. One of the best creative players I’ve seen and was a foundation of us doing so well recently. Hopefully Richardson can be the same for us for many years to come.

harrogate tiger

Post by harrogate tiger » 01 Oct 2019, 12:28

As I see it, after 2017 he did'nt look the same player in the early part of the 2018 season, the Hardaker affair
knocked the team back, and really in my opinion badly upset Luke Gale.
He has openly said the best player he has played with is the afore mentioned, so we will all cherish 2017 but now is the time to move on, build a new team spirit around Wattsy and hopefully use the cash to strengthen the squad.
allenthelodge

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 01 Oct 2019, 12:31

I am not in the local bubble anymore, but swapped messages with a Leeds fan mate of mine last night about this - the summary of the conversation was that Gale has barely been at Cas since the 2017 campaign.
Leeds are desperate, we've not had him at all in 2018, so we want money, they are desperate. Any income from a player 32 next term with an entire year of inactivity seems good business non-emotionally.
Even on his day, Luke Gale isn't Anasta, Cronk, Johns, so take the money and build for 2020 and beyond.
But as I said, I am out of the emotional bubble.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2019, 12:43

leeds fans dont seem overjoyed ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Oct 2019, 12:45

As I seem to have read in many posts that this is business then fine, business it is. Consequently, I have lost all respect for Gale and his excellent work with us has now been overshadowed by his greed. Full ons hithouse for me.

Hopefully he'll be as successful a Leeds player as Richie Myler has been.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 01 Oct 2019, 12:49

Flat Capper wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 12:45 As I seem to have read in many posts that this is business then fine, business it is. Consequently, I have lost all respect for Gale and his excellent work with us has now been overshadowed by his greed. Full ons hithouse for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess if Leeds want the Gale of 2017, then they best go and buy Hardaker as well. I think it was clear in the early part of 2018 who was the major player in 2017.

Oh, but it is a business, it's a short career, he has to look after his family blah, blah, blah. I guess he was having to manage his Cas wage by using local food banks the poor sod.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Oct 2019, 13:12

castigers2010 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 12:49
Flat Capper wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 12:45 As I seem to have read in many posts that this is business then fine, business it is. Consequently, I have lost all respect for Gale and his excellent work with us has now been overshadowed by his greed. Full ons hithouse for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess if Leeds want the Gale of 2017, then they best go and buy Hardaker as well. I think it was clear in the early part of 2018 who was the major player in 2017.

Oh, but it is a business, it's a short career, he has to look after his family blah, blah, blah. I guess he was having to manage his Cas wage by using local food banks the poor sod.

This without doubt. Gale was only that good in the year Zak was here. Coincidence or what .......

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2019, 13:22

i think his agent who is not a person i have any time for would be driving all this ,but i agree to pay a bloke for two years and him hardly play and for him then to ask for a transfer is poor really when you think about it
Vince Lombardi

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 01 Oct 2019, 13:26

Don't be getting bitter, Luke was great for us and who can blame him going for a fresh start on more money and a long contract at his age and with the problems he has had? I did not want him to go but now its happened not devestated at all and wish him no harm, just hope he and Leeds fail on the pitch of course. Exciting to see what we do now, obviously Richardson coming in but hope we have room for one more quality back to come in plus Rankin on a permanent.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2019, 13:40

yeah i know i said same yesterday just thinking about it something didnt seem right... anyway hes gone and im really looking forward to seeing Truey and Richardson play together next season
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Oct 2019, 13:50

I have to agree. I think its a decent bit of business for us to be honest, but....

To go from this;
‘I did have interest from elsewhere but I always wanted to stay here, and I’d like to see out the rest of my career here at Castleford Tigers’

To this;
‘It's been a burning ambition of mine to come back and I'm over the moon that it's happened’

Just shows he’s a lying *******. I’d have kept my respect for him and wished him all the best if he’d just been honest and said that he isn’t getting any younger and needs to do what’s best for him and his family as it’s a short career. As it is my respect for him has gone too.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 01 Oct 2019, 14:01

derbystiger wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 13:50

I have to agree. I think its a decent bit of business for us to be honest, but....

To go from this;
‘I did have interest from elsewhere but I always wanted to stay here, and I’d like to see out the rest of my career here at Castleford Tigers’

To this;
‘It's been a burning ambition of mine to come back and I'm over the moon that it's happened’

Just shows he’s a lying *******. I’d have kept my respect for him and wished him all the best if he’d just been honest and said that he isn’t getting any younger and needs to do what’s best for him and his family as it’s a short career. As it is my respect for him has gone too.
where is the over the moon Quote from derby? cant seem to find it on the leeds article

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Oct 2019, 14:06

lidds wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 14:01

To go from this;

To this;

where is the over the moon Quote from derby? cant seem to find it on the leeds article
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... -year-deal

Or you can watch the full conference to hear him say it here (1min 13secs in for his explanation)

https://youtu.be/Fe9z_dTPXiQ

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Oct 2019, 14:19

To go from this;

To this;

I know things change but I’m with you derbytiger. Never have we herd of this “burning desire” to return to Leeds before...could the package they’ve offered of been the ignition to this burn?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Oct 2019, 14:31

From Twitter.
Attachments
20191001_142936.jpg

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 01 Oct 2019, 14:31

Interestingly, on the "RedVee" forum, there is plenty fans don't rate Richardson, we shall see
Last edited by hazzy on 01 Oct 2019, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Oct 2019, 14:32

Fumper27 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 14:19
I know things change but I’m with you derbytiger. Never have we herd of this “burning desire” to return to Leeds before...could the package they’ve offered of been the ignition to this burn?
I reckon that was exactly the source of ignition Fumper. He mentions this ambition to return a number of times in the conference, though, basically saying he’s wanted to come back to Leeds ever since he left and his career wouldn’t have been complete if he hadn’t come back.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Oct 2019, 14:34

hazzy wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 14:31 Interestingly, on the "RedVee" forum, there is plenty fans don't rate Richardson, wwe shall see
Plenty didn’t rate Gale when we signed him so, as you say, ‘we shall see’ - over to you Mr Powell.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2019, 14:34

hazzy wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 14:31 Interestingly, on the "RedVee" forum, there is plenty fans don't rate Richardson, wwe shall see
think there are some that fear he could come back to bite them on the backside too...to be honest its a good deal for them too having Lomax and Fages and a couple of good prospects too
Last edited by tigerfeat on 01 Oct 2019, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Oct 2019, 14:34

Well when you compare him to their current half backs, they are spoilt for choice. However, at 23 and having some Super League experience with a very good Saints team should see him in good stead for his arrival to us. He certainly doesn't lack any confidence and he seems to be very composed for a 23 year old, especially holding his nerve with the kicking duties.