GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Gale

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Sep 2019, 12:23

The speculation on this is now far beyond what you'd class as a 'rumour'. For me, if it's Gales's choice to go he doesn't deserve any respect from Cas fans, in spite of what he achieved with us. we have supported him through two injury racked seasons, providing a considerable level of rehab to help get back to playing again. He should replay that support.

However, if Cas have made the decision that he can no longer operate at the level we require and hve accepted a good offer from tyhe desperardos, then fair enough.

Hopefully the other speculation about Richardson is also true and we can develop the future GB/England half-back pairing for years to come.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Sep 2019, 12:44

Flat Capper wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:23 The speculation on this is now far beyond what you'd class as a 'rumour'. For me, if it's Gales's choice to go he doesn't deserve any respect from Cas fans, in spite of what he achieved with us. we have supported him through two injury racked seasons, providing a considerable level of rehab to help get back to playing again. He should replay that support.

However, if Cas have made the decision that he can no longer operate at the level we require and hve accepted a good offer from tyhe desperardos, then fair enough.

Hopefully the other speculation about Richardson is also true and we can develop the future GB/England half-back pairing for years to come.
Full agree with everything said. This is no longer a rumour and seems like the decision is firmly at Luke's feet whether he stays or leaves.

I've always said that if Gale wasn't a Cas player, I wouldn't like him, the way he comes off would grate on me, I can see why he is disliked by other fan bases.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Sep 2019, 12:56

Just received the below from a good friend and source whose not got many wrong yet:

Gale having medical today. So is Richardson at Cas. Gale gone for 150k on a 3 year deal. I believe this is Gale’s second medical

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2019, 13:06

i hope we dont go down the route of running Luke Gale down now hes off to leeds he will have been offered a better deal at Leeds he could have stayed and ran his contract down and left for nothing so all things considered if were getting 150 grand and we have Richardson lined up its a good deal for Cas especially as there must be some doubt if he will be the same player he was in 2017
We honored his contract while he was injured as we would with everybody else
And yes he will be the pantomime villain next year when hes at Leeds but ive enjoyed watching him at Cas been a cracking player for us and seems like a nice bloke when ive talked to him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 24 Sep 2019, 13:14

Fumper27 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:56 Just received the below from a good friend and source whose not got many wrong yet:

Gale having medical today. So is Richardson at Cas. Gale gone for 150k on a 3 year deal. I believe this is Gale’s second medical
I’m tipping its the 3 years contract that’s convinced him to move.be one last big payout.tbf I think gale could play at super League level another 5/6 years if he stays injury free.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 24 Sep 2019, 13:29

Scoopage wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 13:14
Fumper27 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:56 Just received the below from a good friend and source whose not got many wrong yet:

I’m tipping its the 3 years contract that’s convinced him to move.be one last big payout.tbf I think gale could play at super League level another 5/6 years if he stays injury free.
To be honest, Gale is a great player but I think we may have seen the best from him and it would be all downhill from here as he will be slowing up as father time comes calling.

If it's true about Richardson coming, then I think this will be a much better option than keeping Gale and have the money to get him as he looks to me like a future crackerjack and operating with Trueman and getting a great understanding in time with him may prove to be a "Hardisty and Hepworth" of old and could be the making of Cas when you also consider Watts/Feki and a few others that has the potential to make a great and fantastic side (so long as we can keep them together which is always the worry when money comes calling!).

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Sep 2019, 13:37

There is another upside, which was alluded to in the trade press. By letting Gale go and signing someone like Richardson you get a younger replacement with a lower salary cap value.

Frees up salary cap for an extra signing. Two players for the price of 1?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Sep 2019, 13:45

HuddsTigers wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 13:37 There is another upside, which was alluded to in the trade press. By letting Gale go and signing someone like Richardson you get a younger replacement with a lower salary cap value.

I think if you asked the fans, a large percentage of us would agree that selling Gale and bringing in (another half/Richardson) is the way forward.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Sep 2019, 14:06

heritage1926 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 13:45
HuddsTigers wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 13:37 There is another upside, which was alluded to in the trade press. By letting Gale go and signing someone like Richardson you get a younger replacement with a lower salary cap value.

I think if you asked the fans, a large percentage of us would agree that selling Gale and bringing in (another half/Richardson) is the way forward.
Agreed on that one

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Sep 2019, 14:33

If Cas have got £150K for Gale who hasn't featured much in the last two seasons, then Cas have well and truly had the Rhinos pants down.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 24 Sep 2019, 16:45

JIN JER wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 14:33 If Cas have got £150K for Gale who hasn't featured much in the last two seasons, then Cas have well and truly had the Rhinos pants down.
We have never ever come out of any deal in front. So I won’t hold my breath

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 24 Sep 2019, 16:49

We did with Liam Watts

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 24 Sep 2019, 16:53

tallguyx wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 16:45
JIN JER wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 14:33 If Cas have got £150K for Gale who hasn't featured much in the last two seasons, then Cas have well and truly had the Rhinos pants down.
Mcshane for Moore?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Sep 2019, 17:24

flood light tiger wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 16:49 We did with Liam Watts
Hardly we let him go when he was 18 and then had to pat £100k to get him back.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Sep 2019, 18:40

Harland for Ketteridge?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Sep 2019, 18:44

I’m not too sure about that. We’ve sold plenty of players who have gone on to do diddly squat elsewhere - Chase, Carney, Westerman (maybe a bit harsh, but he’s not fulfilled his potential). Except Clark, I can’t really think of anyone we have sold or lost who I would take back now.

chief193
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chief193 » 24 Sep 2019, 19:58

I’m really torn on this one, whilst I get all the ideas for this being a positive move by the club and the potential of Richardson I can’t help but think we would be losing a player who could have a massively positive influence on Trueman. We have seen how having such raw players can backfire and I believe in hat if we had an experienced half this year we would have finished second. Secondly I fear we will not reinvest in the squad sufficiently to cover Luke’s absence, Luke is our box office player our X factor he draws crowds and is the first player opposition teams and fans look for on the sheet. Yes Richardson has potential but he is not that level and since we lost Zak Luke is the only household name we have left. I can’t see us bringing one in either, yes we have got some solid players coming even a established NRL try scorer but does many fans this side of the world really sit up when they hear the name Feki??

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Sep 2019, 21:35

Luke in his pomp is indeed a talisman.
However we have managed two playoff seasons with him being absent.
How much better would Trueman look if we still had Zac In the team.
Stay or go risk factor which ever way it turns out.
We could be on to a winner or not.
The player and the clubs will have reasons for their actions whether cash or potential success.
As a player look at the comparison in facilities.
Chances of a trophy.
Playing to bigger crowds.
Post career opportunities.
If he goes he goes.
Some of the magic he has produced will live long in the memory.
As for Jake how good would he look with a half decent half back partner with Xac coming in.
If we can keep Jake already a household name in. League circles with a quality partner how good can he be.
So l do what l can.
Supporter the team whoever steps out in the Black and Amber.
COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Sep 2019, 22:33

mucky?
heard the same as you but i've also heard that a 3rd hand has unexpectedly come to the table.
please don't ask for pm's but it could make sense.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 24 Sep 2019, 23:11

In regards to what? Another club in for gale or Richardson? Or another player that we are targeting?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!