GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 21 Sep 2019, 12:06

This just might instant Karma for the lump of money we paid Leeds for Hardaker only to see him leave without playing a further game for us

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Sep 2019, 12:09

On Rugby AM Gale said “No”.
Assuming the content of the program was discussed before filming, why would he allow that question to be asked in the knowledge it would force him into lying?

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 21 Sep 2019, 12:21

He did this because he's not leaving. I'd be happy to wager a significant amount of money on this.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 21 Sep 2019, 13:56

North Leeds Tiger wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 12:06 This just might instant Karma for the lump of money we paid Leeds for Hardaker only to see him leave without playing a further game for us
Wouldn’t that just be mint lol

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Sep 2019, 15:39

Cracking bit of business by the club. Gale out for 150k and a real talent signed.

I applaud that deal.

robbo
Truth is always best !

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 21 Sep 2019, 17:21

Robbo wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 15:39 Cracking bit of business by the club. Gale out for 150k and a real talent signed.

I applaud that deal.

robbo
Real talent? Sorry Richardson may come good and will give him a chance, but Gale is an international half and absolutely made us tick, made a number of left wingers look amazing. Right now id rather take the gamble of him getting back to that form than Richardson.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 Sep 2019, 17:27

Robbo wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 15:39 Cracking bit of business by the club. Gale out for 150k and a real talent signed.

I applaud that deal.

robbo
you have proof of this?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Sep 2019, 18:27

Why isn’t this on the Rumour Mill with the other thread on exactly the same topic saying mainly the same stuff?

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gale

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Sep 2019, 18:57

Richardson to Cas was taken from here.
League Express (IIRC) said Hudds are signing Sezer as a marquee player on £350k.

Would be shocked if any of this is anywhere close to true, Gale's value is basically nil at this point too - wrong side of 30, 2 significant leg injuries in as many years and a handful of games played in the last 2 years.

Imagine the uproar on here if Cas signed a player that could be described like that.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Sep 2019, 19:02

Dixie D wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 17:21

I applaud that deal.

robbo
Real talent? Sorry Richardson may come good and will give him a chance, but Gale is an international half and absolutely made us tick, made a number of left wingers look amazing. Right now id rather take the gamble of him getting back to that form than Richardson.
Gale will be 32 year old next season, has had 2 major leg injuries and hasn't played in 2 years.

His value is literally nothing at this point, anyone daft enough to give £150k for him are quite frankly daft.

And that's why I don't believe the rumour, that's the kind of dumb deal Cas would do, not con a team into doing.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Sep 2019, 19:40

TheSheriff wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 19:02

I applaud that deal.

robbo
Gale will be 32 year old next season, has had 2 major leg injuries and hasn't played in 2 years.

His value is literally nothing at this point, anyone daft enough to give £150k for him are quite frankly daft.

And that's why I don't believe the rumour, that's the kind of dumb deal Cas would do, not con a team into doing.
Don’t think Cas do many dumb deals. After an injury-hit season we stand with the last 4, as we do every year. Doesn’t indicate much dumb dealing to me, we do deals within our means, unlike three of the other top five.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 21 Sep 2019, 19:51

TheSheriff wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 19:02

I applaud that deal.

robbo

I'm not predicting it will, but that kind of statement is the kind that comes back and bites you on the rear.
If Luke Gale is leaving then I give him my best, however, I certainly hope this is the right call by Cas, because on his day he is one of the best out there. If true, I will be curious to know who wanted this deal more, Luke or Cas.

We clearly missed his ability and experience this season and Richardson comes with potential ability, but not the experience I would have liked to go alongside of Truey.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 21 Sep 2019, 20:49

I applaud that deal.

robbo
Is that statement a fact robbo ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Sep 2019, 21:10

Peter Smith on Twitter about a hour ago
Leeds are looking for a half but the Gale deal isn't a done deal yet ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 21 Sep 2019, 21:26

TheSheriff wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 18:57 Richardson to Cas was taken from here.
League Express (IIRC) said Hudds are signing Sezer as a marquee player on £350k.

Would be shocked if any of this is anywhere close to true, Gale's value is basically nil at this point too - wrong side of 30, 2 significant leg injuries in as many years and a handful of games played in the last 2 years.

Imagine the uproar on here if Cas signed a player that could be described like that.
Main reason why he can leave for me. While he could come back and play as we know he can do we currently have a player on our books who's spent the last few years injured and his age is going to go against him.

If Leeds are willing to pay a transfer fee I'd be happy to let him go and bring in a replacement who's going to be a core part of our team for the next 5+ years.

Personally don't mind Richardson. He's been in a world class setup and has the ability to form a long lasting partnership with Trueman. In addition we're at that point where the team needs shaking up. Try out some new combinations and see where it takes us.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Sep 2019, 21:44

This is what I tried to say this morning it would be bonkers to pay anything close to 150k for him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Sep 2019, 22:21

tigerfeat wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 21:44

This is what I tried to say this morning it would be bonkers to pay anything close to 150k for him
I have little doubt he will not leave for anything less than £100k, and possibly higher. His contract is worth that legally and usually that is the valuation yardstick, plus compensation.
Audacter Et Sincere

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 21 Sep 2019, 22:43

Hope we haven't agreed to sign Richardson before finalising a deal for gale.....can just see mr Hetherington saying lets negotiate......
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Sep 2019, 23:02

He's only worth what someone is willing to pay..
Gale was without doubt a big factor in the teams on feild improvement.
He is not the only factor in fact he has been absent for almost two seasons, in spite of that and a boat load of injuries we are still in the the play offs.
I really rate Luke but as with all those who have left for what ever reason they go with my good wishes and we move on.
Luke has a couple of seasons left in him.
We have no idea how good he will be or whether his next injury is just around the corner.
If Richardson comes he will get mine and no doubt everyone's support.
Re kindle his early form let our half back master class give him the wisdom to believe.
Thanks Luke, hope we see you in a Cas shirt soon strutting it out.
However if you have become a Rhino thanks for the memories and l hope you enjoy playing for the third best team in Yorkshire.
COYF

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Sep 2019, 00:32

therailwayendisnigh wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 12:21 He did this because he's not leaving. I'd be happy to wager a significant amount of money on this.
Are you that confident?