Players Jolly/Mad Monday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Players Jolly/Mad Monday

Post by SREGITSAC » 27 Sep 2019, 23:35

Think you’d all benefit from booking a flight and getting away for a few days if this is so painful for you to witness.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Sep 2019, 01:35

SREGITSAC wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 23:35 Think you’d all benefit from booking a flight and getting away for a few days if this is so painful for you to witness.
[/quote

If you think that we all need to do that you have no concept of irony

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 28 Sep 2019, 02:30

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 01:35
SREGITSAC wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 23:35 Think you’d all benefit from booking a flight and getting away for a few days if this is so painful for you to witness.
[/quote

If you think that we all need to do that you have no concept of irony
All..... minus you?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Sep 2019, 03:34

Think it's just wrong.
Also think those such as Matt defending the playing group are those with friends in the playing group.

Interesting scoop for a journo to snoop around and discover booking times.
If it's prior to the game I'd also start looking at irregular betting.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Sep 2019, 05:33

You can have Salford are a decent team and we had some players injuried end of day we never scored a bloody point and it was another last game of season no show or not good enough
I was gutted coming out of ground gutted driving home gutted when I got in bed last thing on my mind would have booking a getaway on the internet
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

thundercats

Post by thundercats » 28 Sep 2019, 07:43

Mysterio wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 03:34 Think it's just wrong.
Also think those such as Matt defending the playing group are those with friends in the playing group.

Can everyone calm down. This is ridiculous. You're now insinuating our players bet on themselves to lose. Utter, utter drivel and frankly libellous rubbish. If this thought even crosses your mind then just stop "supporting" the team. I strongly doubt you get any joy out of it, ever. The season's over. I think we finished higher than some of our performances warranted. It's not surprising what happened in the Salford game. Roll on 2020 and we go again.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Sep 2019, 08:18

I can see both sides to the arguments with this one.

The season is now officially over, the lads are now able to do what they please until November for pre-season, even if this means going abroad after an heavy defeat. Mad Monday has always been a tradition for all clubs, win or lose. We take it personally because of the manner of how Thursday went down.

However, I can see why this would leave a sour taste in the mouth of fans. Whilst most of us were travelling back from Salford dejected, not getting in until 12-1am, with work in the morning, the lads were already booked for Germany, with not a care in the world. I saw a couple of instagram stories from a few players, not one looked like they'd just been knocked out of the play offs last night.

Unfortauntely guys, we just have to grin and bare it.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 28 Sep 2019, 08:24

Not a care in the world... several of the players were visibly upset at the end of that game, to try to insinuate that they threw it is disgusting.

You know what I thought when I saw they’d already gone, I thought Düsseldorf is an odd choice for them, must have been all they could get last minute. Also thought good idea get straight there and be back early next week to settle into normality with their families for the next 6 weeks before it starts all over again.

For those that live local it’s a good shout too, avoid bumping into psychotic supporters who think they own a stake in their personal lives.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Sep 2019, 08:32

All depends when it was booked if there is a issue
To win big games everything needs to be spot on and if you book a breakaway just in case you get beat that's not the right thing to do
The players gave there all this season but I'd be looking at all little things that could be done better in the off season see if we can get a edge on things for next time around
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 28 Sep 2019, 08:46

Too far.

The flights will have been booked after the game, and the location governed by what was available. You can easily book flights at short notice these days and I've got no doubt they got their heads together on the coach back, and decided to get off somewhere.

The players are perfectly entitled to do this if they aren't required in work over the weekend. It's not a player issue imo.

It is with more the fact that the club haven't done anything with them post game. Maybe I am wrong but if Wigan get nilled and lose to Salford next week I'd doubt they will be on a plane the morning after.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 28 Sep 2019, 09:29

tigerfeat wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 05:33 You can have Salford are a decent team and we had some players injuried end of day we never scored a bloody point and it was another last game of season no show or not good enough
I was gutted coming out of ground gutted driving home gutted when I got in bed last thing on my mind would have booking a getaway on the internet
Couldn't agree more with that, and there will be a few on here who have played the game that will that be in agreement with your thoughts. Nothing worse than being on the end of a loss in an important game whether proffesionally or amateur.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 28 Sep 2019, 09:35

Allow me to put your mind at rest,there was no unusual betting activity flagged whatsoever either with online bookmakers or exchanges, prior to the match or in running,the largest recorded bet was a win single on Castleford,turnover was low on the game and the returns to the average bet size placed wouldn't have paid for a day trip to Scarborough let alone Dussledorf.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Sep 2019, 09:58

KB80 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 08:46

Too far.

The flights will have been booked after the game, and the location governed by what was available. You can easily book flights at short notice these days and I've got no doubt they got their heads together on the coach back, and decided to get off somewhere.

The players are perfectly entitled to do this if they aren't required in work over the weekend. It's not a player issue imo.

It is with more the fact that the club haven't done anything with them post game. Maybe I am wrong but if Wigan get nilled and lose to Salford next week I'd doubt they will be on a plane the morning after.
Thinking rationally, I don’t for one minute think this will have been booked before the Salford game.
My issue isn’t really with the players either, though I think they should have considered how flying out the morning after losing would be perceived by many supporters. It gives the impression that they couldn’t wait for the season to end. But on a practical level, they just organised it when they were all together rather than once they were all separated, which we all know is much more difficult.

My biggest issue is that I think the club should have had the players in on Friday for a recovery session and to check out any potential injuries.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Sep 2019, 10:27

SREGITSAC wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 08:24 Not a care in the world... several of the players were visibly upset at the end of that game, to try to insinuate that they threw it is disgusting.

You know what I thought when I saw they’d already gone, I thought Düsseldorf is an odd choice for them, must have been all they could get last minute. Also thought good idea get straight there and be back early next week to settle into normality with their families for the next 6 weeks before it starts all over again.

For those that live local it’s a good shout too, avoid bumping into psychotic supporters who think they own a stake in their personal lives.
:clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 28 Sep 2019, 11:05

I can’t actually believe what I’m reading here .. what’s the issue ? Seasons over they’ve gone on the pi$$ ?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 28 Sep 2019, 11:07

As far as I know all gone apart from
Watts
Rankin
Mike Mc

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Sep 2019, 11:15

sirocco7 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 11:05 I can’t actually believe what I’m reading here .. what’s the issue ? Seasons over they’ve gone on the pi$$ ?
The issue is that injuries have had a massive impact on our season. Yet when the club should be assessing and treating any injuries from Thursday and doing recovery work to prevent injuries, they let the players go on the razz.
You can’t complain about the impact of injuries all season and then just ignore game recovery.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Sep 2019, 11:48

The performance was horrible. As soon as we kicked off it became obvious we weren’t up for the battle.

If you can’t put in a superhuman effort at that stage of a season you do not deserve to wear the shirt to represent the fans who desperately wanted to see at least effort.

NEVER MIND THINKING ABOUT BOOKING A HOLIDAY

You couldn’t make it up. If this happened in Australia it would be front page news and not tolerated. Heads would roll particularly after the effort we saw on Friday.
Audacter Et Sincere

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 28 Sep 2019, 11:54

Mysterio wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 11:48 You couldn’t make it up. If this happened in Australia it would be front page news and not tolerated. Heads would roll particularly after the effort we saw on Friday.
It's interesting you mention Australia. The Wests Tigers despite not making the top 8 this year are still training until next week. Even though they have nothing to train for McGuire insisted on the team carrying on as normal. Perhaps Castleford and a few SL clubs should consider making it a rule that the season ends the Monday after the Grand Final even if you get knocked out 3 or 4 weeks before.

I also doubt that any NRL team (no proof though) allow the players to go abroad on their 'bye' weekends.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Sep 2019, 11:57

SREGITSAC wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 08:24 Not a care in the world... several of the players were visibly upset at the end of that game, to try to insinuate that they threw it is disgusting.

It's Oktoberfest in Germany, prime drinking place this time of year. Planned trip.