Players Jolly/Mad Monday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: Players Jolly/Mad Monday

Post by Matt » 27 Sep 2019, 21:09

Swagger wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:06We have every right to say as we wish on the forum. We also have every right to feel peed off after such an awful performance last night
Feeling disappointed about the result is fine. If you had a bad day at work and decided to jump on a plane for the weekend how would you feel if your boss and everyone at work started making comments?
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:09

Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:03 Shock horror. Flights and accommodation in the modern age can be booked and paid for within minutes, even on a mobile phone.... magic I tell you.

Nobody tells you what you can and can’t do outside of work, stop trying to run other peoples.
I think the big question is whether the players should have been at work for a recovery session.
I don’t think it was a wise decision by the players to go this morning, just because of how it looks. This wouldn’t even be a debate if they had flown on Monday.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2019, 21:15

Don’t the players always have a day off after a game, and then the weekend off?

Probably discussed where they were going to go and sorted it all last night.

They have plenty of time for recovery and a debrief.

And remember people like Watts may be involved with GB so have little time off, which is what I think people forget too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:22

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:15 Don’t the players always have a day off after a game, and then the weekend off?

And remember people like Watts may be involved with GB so have little time off, which is what I think people forget too.
Think they are generally in for physio assessments and recovery work the day after a game.
If they aren’t, they bloody well should be. Every week, win or lose. Post-match recovery activities and treatments in the 24 hours after a game are vital to prevent injuries.
Oh, hang on a minute........

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:23

Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:09
Swagger wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:06We have every right to say as we wish on the forum. We also have every right to feel peed off after such an awful performance last night
Feeling disappointed about the result is fine. If you had a bad day at work and decided to jump on a plane for the weekend how would you feel if your boss and everyone at work started making comments?
The fact they wouldn't play rugby if it wasn't for the fans is a little different. No fans no sport.

It clearly doesn't mean anything to the players at all as they have had no time to reflect on such a poor performance.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Sep 2019, 21:25

I don't think anybody begrudges them getting away,but the fact they've gone this morning gives the impression they weren't completely focused before the match...and maybe even during it.

Bit of a P.R gaffe for me.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:26

Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:09
Let's put it this way... If I had just let thousands of people down at work who were desperate for me to do well for them but failed miserably. I wouldn't then be all over social media 12 hours later showing my self happy as jumping on a plane to go have a great time. I would have a little respect and sympathy for them.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Sep 2019, 21:28

tigerfeat wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:08
Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:03 Shock horror. Flights and accommodation in the modern age can be booked and paid for within minutes, even on a mobile phone.... magic I tell you.

Nobody tells you what you can and can’t do outside of work, stop trying to run other peoples.
Are you serious ??
Dosnt anybody stop and think for a minute hang on how's this going to look if we get tonked at Salford
Our players don't come across as a bright bunch to be fair.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:29

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:15 Don’t the players always have a day off after a game, and then the weekend off?

No they don’t have the day off. They would be in for recovery,light stretching maybe even a swim. Injured players would be seen to whilst non playing players would get beasted in the gym.

I’ve said previous I’ve no problem with the lads having a end of season trip and blow out,I know more than most that they are entitled for some down time. It’s the timing of the whole trip that doesn’t sit right with me. There were people on the bus last night still sat at Salford that knew the players were in the changing rooms looking at flights. That is never right. We are supposed to be a professional sports club not a pub team.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2019, 21:38

No one knows when they did it. I’ve literally just looked at flights for 6:45am/9:45am in the morning from Manchester to Dusseldorf for 6 people, returning the day after. £100 each.

I’m sure they could have done it when they got back to Cas last night. Packed a bag and gone - like literally any of us could do.

I can’t say I’m that bothered. It doesn’t change yesterday them being in. It’s done and dusted. Go and have your pee up, then come back, have an honest chat and then get ready for a tough preseason.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:58

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:38 No one knows when they did it. I’ve literally just looked at flights for 6:45am/9:45am in the morning from Manchester to Dusseldorf for 6 people, returning the day after. £100 each.

I’m sure they could have done it when they got back to Cas last night. Packed a bag and gone - like literally any of us could do.

I can’t say I’m that bothered. It doesn’t change yesterday them being in. It’s done and dusted. Go and have your pee up, then come back, have an honest chat and then get ready for a tough preseason.
I think it matters that we are not bothering to do a recovery session just because it was the last game of the year. I think it’s an indication of the lack of professionalism that seems to be endemic within the club. Get them in, check them over, make sure they do some injury-prevention work and then let them go.
I think it does need to be a tough pre-season this year. None of this “warm weather skills training” that seems to be a glorified holiday. Firstly, our season starts in cold and wet weather in February. Secondly, if we need to do skills training in dry conditions, we can do it indoors.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2019, 22:01

I’d imagine that level of recovery is only important if you have to get ready for another game next week.

I’m pretty sure our more qualified physio and medical staff are better suited to make a judgment than us mere fans.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2019, 22:04

Lot of things need to change in the pre season I wouldn't be going anywhere near a warm weather camp after what happened in January
One of them army camps in horrible weather try and build up a band of brothers approach going into next season that's what id be looking at anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Sep 2019, 22:06

43s flyer wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:56 Players jetting off while Powell and Orr in the Winterseam this afternoon.
Danny Orr, Matt Crowther and BEN THALER at Lock Lane presentation this evening

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 22:09

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 22:01 I’d imagine that level of recovery is only important if you have to get ready for another game next week.

I’m pretty sure our more qualified physio and medical staff are better suited to make a judgment than us mere fans.
Maybe. I’m just uncomfortable that a player could have picked up some kind of injury last night and the club haven’t given themselves the opportunity to identify, assess and treat it if necessary. And that any injury could be made worse as a result of this missed opportunity.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Sep 2019, 22:45

I think it’s shocking that an injury hit squad who surprised us all by finishing 5th in the league and then knocked the cup holders out of the playoffs in the first round should take some time off together after losing a second playoff match in advance of a pre season which starts just over a month away. Terrible. Mind you they were relegation fodder a few short weeks ago apparently.
Anyway we’re all entitled to our views on here and I respect that.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 27 Sep 2019, 22:48

Dusseldorf is a great place to go out but I think the timing is questionable
Downtime is fine but I guess

As for pre-season
1 week
Brecon beacons
February
Ant Jason Billy and Olly as the course instructors
Not the Sunshine...

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Sep 2019, 23:16

nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 22:09
HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 22:01 I’d imagine that level of recovery is only important if you have to get ready for another game next week.

Maybe. I’m just uncomfortable that a player could have picked up some kind of injury last night and the club haven’t given themselves the opportunity to identify, assess and treat it if necessary. And that any injury could be made worse as a result of this missed opportunity.
Given the scoreline (sadly), I find it hard to believe that we may have picked up that many knocks.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Sep 2019, 23:20

This is all about timing for me. It also smacks of a lack of respect for the supporters in terms of letting the dust settle on such a poor performance. Poorly thought out and clumsy decision making.

I’m sure it could have waited for a couple of days. Especially in light of the media coverage surrounding what happened involving the Derby County players earlier in the week.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 23:26

HuddsTigers wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 23:16
nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 22:09

Given the scoreline (sadly), I find it hard to believe that we may have picked up that many knocks.
I’m not too sure that the scoreline has any correlation to injuries.