Players Jolly/Mad Monday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Players Jolly/Mad Monday

Post by Tiger53 » 27 Sep 2019, 19:31

Can someone explain to me how we can be knocked out of the play-offs last night and the players be on a flight this morning to enjoy mad Monday?

Flights aren’t that available to get that many blokes on the same flight without being pre-booked.

I have no issue with the guys enjoying themselves but if I was in charge their jolly would be immediately after the Grand Final and not before, in this case 12 October. They are contracted till November each year and if knocked out before the Grand Final they should be reporting in each day until that date.

It’s what you might expect in most jobs and would perhaps bring a little bit of professionalism to our play-off efforts.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Players Jolly/Mad Monday

Post by castigers2010 » 27 Sep 2019, 19:38

Good luck with this comment. Whilst i agree with you 100% i'm fully expecting the 'players can do no wrong' members to be onto you shortly.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Sep 2019, 19:40

I was wondering how long this would take before finding it’s way into the public domain.
It’s wrong on every level. Apparently booked before they even left Salford. These things are not just done without any planning. So whilst we should have been planning for Salford and beyond it comes across as the players minds were concentrating on a weekend on the lash in Düsseldorf.
I’m all for players having down time and a end of season blow out but the timing of this takes the p155

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Sep 2019, 19:44

Our lads have more holidays then any other team.
Out of the cup at first attempt off they go
Semi final week off they go again.
I disagree with this they shouldn’t be rewarded for failure.

How ever seasons done now and they aren’t back in till Late November.
Half went this morning 5-6 off tonight.
Some ant gone.

Nothing the club can do now the seasons finished.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 27 Sep 2019, 19:48

The players should be in for some kind of season debrief and to let the physio review any outstanding niggles over the course of the weekend as a minimum.

Personally I don't think we have our post or pre season sorted in a very professional way.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 20:10

I think the recent legal case of Keith Mason, where the kind of player behaviour during end-of season jollies was laid bare, should have clubs considering these events. However, it’s questionable how much the club (as an employer) can dictate where players go and who with when they are on holiday.

I don’t like the timing. I’d be surprised if it was only booked after our defeat yesterday though, that’s extremely short notice. But surely they haven’t booked it before yesterday, expecting to lose? That would be ridiculous.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 20:19

Shocking for me. No season debrief, no video analysis or anything after getting beat easily. Straight on a flight and out of the country to get battered for Mad Monday.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 27 Sep 2019, 20:19

Be interesting to see if it’s the players all represented by the same agent. It’s a disgrace and a Mickey take of all the people that travelled last night. It could have been worse though and they flew from Manchester last night!!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 20:22

Some flew from Leeds Bradford and some from Manchester. I'm sure they would of all booked it as soon as they got home last night in their little WhatsApp group.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 20:25

I would have had them in today for recovery.
If they had gone on Monday morning, nobody would have battered an eyelid. But the morning after they put in a performance like that to end the season? They clearly don’t realise how bad it looks (or don’t care).

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Sep 2019, 20:33

Powell is to soft with them can’t see him ever even getting mad after game last night.

Shaun Wane would of had them doing training today.

Guess that’s why we won’t ever win a decent trophy under Powell

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Sep 2019, 20:36

Beginning to think this was the reason they all chipped in for the coaches last night....they knew this very fast get away would be under scrutiny.

Out of interest how many of the squad have gone and who?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Sep 2019, 20:39

Mucky1978 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:33 Powell is to soft with them can’t see him ever even getting mad after game last night.

Shaun Wane would of had them doing training today.

Guess that’s why we won’t ever win a decent trophy under Powell
I agree with this (though I still think we have a chance of winning something under Powell).
Those top teams never have a mid-season jolly, whether they are in or out of the cup.
Their pre-season doesn’t seem to mostly consist of “skills training” in the sunshine either. And lots of alcohol.
And their players don’t seem to treat an away game at Catalan as a jolly boys’ holiday either.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2019, 20:42

Disgrace but dosnt surprise me one bit
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 27 Sep 2019, 20:56

Players jetting off while Powell and Orr in the Winterseam this afternoon.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 27 Sep 2019, 21:03

Shock horror. Flights and accommodation in the modern age can be booked and paid for within minutes, even on a mobile phone.... magic I tell you.

Nobody tells you what you can and can’t do outside of work, stop trying to run other peoples.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:05

duke street 10 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:36 Beginning to think this was the reason they all chipped in for the coaches last night....they knew this very fast get away would be under scrutiny.

Out of interest how many of the squad have gone and who?
I thought the exact same thing pal. I thought it before the match too. Sweeten us up a little

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 27 Sep 2019, 21:06

Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:03 Shock horror. Flights and accommodation in the modern age can be booked and paid for within minutes, even on a mobile phone.... magic I tell you.

Nobody tells you what you can and can’t do outside of work, stop trying to run other peoples.
We have every right to say as we wish on the forum. We also have every right to feel peed off after such an awful performance last night

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 27 Sep 2019, 21:07

Matt wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:03 Shock horror. Flights and accommodation in the modern age can be booked and paid for within minutes, even on a mobile phone.... magic I tell you.

Whilst I agree with you somewhat (as it they only booked the flights last minute) there must have been some planning going on beforehand (arranging childcare and so on). Which even if not intended would have had some impact on last night.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Sep 2019, 21:08

Are you serious ??
Dosnt anybody stop and think for a minute hang on how's this going to look if we get tonked at Salford
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi