2020 Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Post Reply
Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by Sharlotiger » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:41 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
Says he will challange for first team rugby but when not selected will play in the Leeds reserve grade
Looks like that is how sides will use the reserve league, I would expect us to have York players in ours when they are not required for the first team

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by mart0042 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
Says he will challange for first team rugby but when not selected will play in the Leeds reserve grade
And its a great idea.

We need 19 players in first team and reserve squads. 38 full time players is a lot of money especially if we want to have 27 players who are super league quality. (going for 17 squad plus 10 replacements, our standard injury list)

Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by Sharlotiger » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:26 pm

mart0042 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 am
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
Says he will challange for first team rugby but when not selected will play in the Leeds reserve grade
And its a great idea.

We need 19 players in first team and reserve squads. 38 full time players is a lot of money especially if we want to have 27 players who are super league quality. (going for 17 squad plus 10 replacements, our standard injury list)
Why do reserve players have to be full time?

gateman
Danny Orr
Posts: 2860
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by gateman » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:36 am

most of the fans i talk to centres is the positions they worry about Shenny as good as he as been will be a year older, and the jury is still out on Blair

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by KB80 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 pm

gateman wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:36 am
most of the fans i talk to centres is the positions they worry about Shenny as good as he as been will be a year older, and the jury is still out on Blair
Personally im alot less worried about centre's (and wingers) than I was this time last year.

Feki, Blair, Shenton, Eden

With Matuiti, Claire and Olpherts as a back up

is much better than;

Claire, Minikin, Shenton, Eden

With Egodu and back rowers as back ups!

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7459
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Shenton looks as fit as I can remember seeing him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7459
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 pm
Shenton looks as fit as I can remember seeing him in a fair while
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by nottinghamtiger » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:04 pm

I don’t have a problem with the centres and wingers we have.
I’m more concerned that we don’t have a top full-back. Rankin has a few good games, but he’s not good enough to cause the top teams enough problems in attack.

Fumper27
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4894
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:11 pm

gateman wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:36 am
most of the fans i talk to centres is the positions they worry about Shenny as good as he as been will be a year older, and the jury is still out on Blair
Nah mate.

Full back - the issue at Castleford Tigers since Thursday 5th October 2017

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by mart0042 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:26 pm
mart0042 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 am
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
Says he will challange for first team rugby but when not selected will play in the Leeds reserve grade
And its a great idea.

We need 19 players in first team and reserve squads. 38 full time players is a lot of money especially if we want to have 27 players who are super league quality. (going for 17 squad plus 10 replacements, our standard injury list)
Why do reserve players have to be full time?
They don't have to be but reserve players are wanting to push for first team at Cas, whereon they are full time. The York players or triallists are what they are.

stevieblunder
Sean Rudder
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by stevieblunder » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:50 pm

We don't have a Superleague quality Full Back at the club, haven't had one for 2yrs.

This is not a position to fudge.

Makeshift and 'make does', will always leave a weakness over a seasons duration.

Suprisingly , there doesn't seem a willingness at the club to fix it.

Turner, Eden, Peanut, Rankin and Clare and I may have missed a couple out.

It's not rocket science.
The GB team are suffering from the same problem on the tour by consistently playing people out of position.
I remember Peter Small

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5366
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by mart0042 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:18 am

stevieblunder wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:50 pm
We don't have a Superleague quality Full Back at the club, haven't had one for 2yrs.

This is not a position to fudge.

Makeshift and 'make does', will always leave a weakness over a seasons duration.

Suprisingly , there doesn't seem a willingness at the club to fix it.

Turner, Eden, Peanut, Rankin and Clare and I may have missed a couple out.

It's not rocket science.
The GB team are suffering from the same problem on the tour by consistently playing people out of position.
But at least they are not short of fullbacks. Coote , lomax, widdop, hardaker, lol.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7459
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am

junior moors and alex foster look to be doing training with the rest of the boys might just have a full squad to pick from time the friendlys come around...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
jackknife
Luke Gale
Posts: 3410
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: york

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by jackknife » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am
junior moors and alex foster look to be doing training with the rest of the boys might just have a full squad to pick from time the friendlys come around...
Yes then 10 will probably be injured by time season starts :D
Image

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Piquad1
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Re: 2020 Squad

Post by Piquad1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Lol jackknife spot on m8

Post Reply