Salford Game!!!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Post Reply
Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Salford Game!!!

Post by Swagger » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:40 pm

So.....
Winnable but I would still call Salford the favourites as they have been playing great lately.

Pressure isn't on us like it was in 2017 so let's just go and play a good game and not be afraid. Win this and we are 80mins off OT.

Any team news? Eden? Massey? McMeekan?

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1898
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by KB80 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:58 pm

Salford -4 with most bookies.

Hoping Mcmeeken and Massey are both back. Game that needs to be won in the forwards imo.

braytontiger
Brad Davis
Posts: 5028
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by braytontiger » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Doubts over Jackson hastings who is seeing a eye specialist has he’s suffering blurred vision.
It’s winnable although I’d feel more confident with a player or two back

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1898
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by KB80 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:15 pm

braytontiger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm
Doubts over Jackson hastings who is seeing a eye specialist has he’s suffering blurred vision.
It’s winnable although I’d feel more confident with a player or two back
He'll play...

classycas57
Dean Widders
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by classycas57 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Swagger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:40 pm
So.....
Winnable but I would still call Salford the favourites as they have been playing great lately.

Pressure isn't on us like it was in 2017 so let's just go and play a good game and not be afraid. Win this and we are 80mins off OT.

Any team news? Eden? Massey? McMeekan?
Eden done I suspect

Nobody
Junior Moors
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:21 am

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by Nobody » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:35 pm

classycas57 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:33 pm
Swagger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:40 pm
So.....
Winnable but I would still call Salford the favourites as they have been playing great lately.

Pressure isn't on us like it was in 2017 so let's just go and play a good game and not be afraid. Win this and we are 80mins off OT.

Any team news? Eden? Massey? McMeekan?
Eden done I suspect
According to league weekly, Eden has been told he's not needed next year.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Powell didn’t seem confident about anyone being back in his post match interview from Thurs.

Comes down to what you value in terms of favourites.

It’s 1-1 in games this year. Salford have home advantage but given crowd size, is it that much of an advantage? We are coming off a good win, they are coming off a bruising loss.

Both sides have relatively good form too going into the game.

Their home record isn’t exactly amazing (won 8/14 at home), our away record isn’t great either.

We also have play off experience and big game experience as a side and they don’t. I’d like to think we go in as favourites all things considered but likely to be off scratch for me.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8134
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 pm

50 -50 game for me coach Watson as done an incredible job at Salford not with the likes of Hastings and Evalds but with likes of Dudson and Mossop thought both of them played as well as I've seen them against pie-eaters
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by SuffolkTiger » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Salford really impressed me the other night vs Wigan. Lots of intensity in the pack. Hastings will always pose a big threat.

No Jesse and we need Nathan & Mike back asap.

For me, Salford should start at -10 based on recent form.

The crowd will be interesting as well. More of us than them...??

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1898
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by KB80 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 pm

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 pm

The crowd will be interesting as well. More of us than them...??
Doubt it, they took a couple of thousand to Wigan.

thedogvinnie
Dean Widders
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by thedogvinnie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 am

KB80 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 pm
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 pm

The crowd will be interesting as well. More of us than them...??
Doubt it, they took a couple of thousand to Wigan.
yep, they are coming out of the woodwork, trinityesque

Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by Swagger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:55 am

thedogvinnie wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 am
KB80 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 pm
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 pm

The crowd will be interesting as well. More of us than them...??
Doubt it, they took a couple of thousand to Wigan.
yep, they are coming out of the woodwork, trinityesque
To be fair to them they have gone through some tough times so I'm glad there team who were meant to be selling up earlier in the year have gone well. Just hope it ends on Thursday.

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by SuffolkTiger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 am

For anyone who has already purchased tickets - which part of the ground are we in?

SREGITSAC
Junior Moors
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by SREGITSAC » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 am

East stand, down side of pitch opposite their main stand

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Salford Game!!!

Post by SuffolkTiger » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 am

SREGITSAC wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 am
East stand, down side of pitch opposite their main stand
Thanks mate.

I've just checked with our ticket office and they think we can pay on the gate on the night.

I've e-mailed the AJ Bell and asked the same question as well as what happens if we exceed the capacity of the 2,500 seater East stand.

I will post their reply once I have it.

Post Reply