Immortals Foundation

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Immortals Foundation

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 11:08

It’s easy to criticise the club and not often praise them for off field thinking and culture building.

I think the introduction of the immortals concept is absolutely magnificent; well done to all involved for launching this.

It allows the club to officially look after our most loved and treasured ex players; those which we’ll never forget but sometimes hear have had to pay entry into a game!

It is also another building block to maintain and grow a proud and professional culture; I literally see nothing but positivity surrounding it and although most may not think the introduction of it is a big deal, I most certainly do.

Now, who do you feel the next two inductees will be in 2020? There are lots of leaders of men I can’t wait to see honoured by the club.

I think the obvious next one might be Dean Sampson for a number of reasons including the fact he was a one club man and shed blood sweat and tears for us proudly leading our pack.

I’d have looked to Adrian Vowles too, but, The move to Leeds may not sit well with some voters.

Does anyone know who actually votes for new inductees? Is it the current immortals ?

Might be controversial but I’d have to look at having Daryl Powell himself inducted. I genuinely believe he is a man with the utmost love of the club.
Audacter Et Sincere

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Immortals Foundation

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Sep 2019, 11:13

The only thing is, Cas haven't always treat their legends/former players with the most respect. A good handful of former players would tell you that.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Sep 2019, 11:17

Hopefully that changes then.

Seens a good news story, well done Cas

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 11:20

heritage1926 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 11:13 The only thing is, Cas haven't always treat their legends/former players with the most respect. A good handful of former players would tell you that.
I do not doubt that at all.

However, this foundation is a clear sign to me that Jon Wells and the BOD are absolutely onto recognising our heroes and rightly so.

I’d urge any ex players who have been upset by previous regimes to give the club a chance and allow the fans and club to show their appreciation.

It would be nice to know which benefits members of the immortals get. I.e lifetime membership, free seats, VIP treatment etc. Let’s make it into a big thing. Something to strive for and allow us all to revere
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2019, 11:33

Mal himself didn't go down for a fair while see him quite a bit down there now
Fantastic idea really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Sep 2019, 13:46

I think its a fantastic idea and, as has already been said, I hope it’s made a big thing of. Diesel has to be considered, also Kev and Bob Beardmore for me.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Sep 2019, 15:29

All X players should be welcomed with open arms. This was the foundation the club was built on. Be great to see them down lane and maybe have a pint with them and chat about the club and their perspective how they think it's going.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Sep 2019, 17:18

My only question mark is around whether this replaces the Hall of Fame that is already established? As for Dean Sampson - he was refused entry to watch a game with his son this season. In the unlikely event he was chosen, he would have every reason to tell the club where to go.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 22:19

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:18 My only question mark is around whether this replaces the Hall of Fame that is already established? As for Dean Sampson - he was refused entry to watch a game with his son this season. In the unlikely event he was chosen, he would have every reason to tell the club where to go.
I think the HOF / Immortals are separate by nature, but, theryre obviously linked too..
:lol: :dance:

I’m sure it will be clarified in due course. For example though, there are certain blokes with hundreds of appearances who clearly for one reason or another wouldn’t be labelled as legends or ‘immortals’ due to other off field attitudes or reasons.

I’m pretty certain the Diesel situation is accurate, but, I would suggest issues in the past have possibly not been dealt with by the right people at the club. If there’s a valid reason for it, then there’s a valid reason, however sad.

If there isn’t; an apology needs issuing and bridges rebuilt with Dean and other guys ingrained into our club heritage in similar positions.

It all boils down to the right people representing the club and dealing with ex players IMO. Perhaps it’s something the player welfare manager should become involved in alongside JW.
Audacter Et Sincere

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 18 Sep 2019, 07:35

Can’t believe Dennis Hartley wasn’t one of the first names released - unless I’ve missed it. Dennis was certainly the missing link that we needed to provide the grunt up the middle and protect our two “H” bombs.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Sep 2019, 08:57

Albert Lunn surely has to be in there as our record points scorer of all time?