Yorkshire’s Number 1 !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Yorkshire’s Number 1 !

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 14 Sep 2019, 08:56

Yes we have made it again, the best team in Yorkshire.
Good news, as well as the squad which made the playoffs, next year we will be strengthening by adding Luke Gale, Michael Shenton, Junior Moors, Alex Foster, Feki, Tyler Hepi,, George Griffin and Olpherts
I’ve already renewed my Rose tinted specs for next season.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Yorkshire’s Number 1 !

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Sep 2019, 09:29

North Leeds Tiger wrote:Yes we have made it again, the best team in Yorkshire.
Good news, as well as the squad which made the playoffs, next year we will be strengthening by adding Luke Gale, Michael Shenton, Junior Moors, Alex Foster, Feki, Tyler Hepi,, George Griffin and Olpherts
Loving it.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 14 Sep 2019, 10:11

Considering the injuries we have had, it`s a fine achievement to finish in the top 5 again and be the top Yorkshire side.

Wakefield whingeing last night about the nr of injuries they have had - about 1/2 as many as us, yet we finish 5th and they just avoid relegation.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2019, 11:42

I take no pleasure in being 'Yorkshires number 1'. We've the best of a bad bunch unfortunately this year.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Sep 2019, 11:46

I’m not convinced it’s something we should be celebrating. On a whole the season as been a step backwards, yes injuries haven’t been kind to us but it’s how you deal with them is all part and parcel of sport.
Without trying to be too negative we’ve been on a downhill spiral since 2017 and we have to find improvement next season.not just on the field but off it too, gates are down and I’m certain that our turnover will reflect this. All of the above is affected by the playing performance. Hopefully we can get back to the easy on the eye play we all enjoyed for 3-4 years and things will look a whole lot better.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Sep 2019, 11:56

braytontiger wrote:I’m not convinced it’s something we should be celebrating. On a whole the season as been a step backwards, yes injuries haven’t been kind to us but it’s how you deal with them is all part and parcel of sport.
Without trying to be too negative we’ve been on a downhill spiral since 2017 and we have to find improvement next season.not just on the field but off it too, gates are down and I’m certain that our turnover will reflect this. All of the above is affected by the playing performance. Hopefully we can get back to the easy on the eye play we all enjoyed for 3-4 years and things will look a whole lot better.
We will only return to the quality, entertaining rugby we played from 2014 to 2017 by bringing in some top players and it looks like our recruitment is done for next year so next year will be more of the same boring stuff we have endured these past couple of years.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Sep 2019, 12:26

:lol: with the exception of Gale (if he’s still with us) none of that lot will improve our prospects, mid table all the way

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Sep 2019, 12:36

If they all come back from their respective injuries at the levels they were at then no problem we will be far better. Of the new guys I feel Feki will be a good addition but the other 3, jury is out until we see them play.

To finish 5 is not a bad place considering the injuries and poor recruitment last year but for me this shows how weak the league is as well this year.

Who knows what will happen at Wire but they are in a very poor run of form, as we are, so this could be anyone’s game. Who knows after that?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Sep 2019, 12:44

To disagree slightly, we are not in a poor run of form. We have lost one game poorly but on the whole our form is pretty decent.

Joint 4th over last 5 games with only Salford, Wigan and Saints in better form. 6 points out of 10. Wire are in poor form with only 1 win out last 5.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 14 Sep 2019, 12:51

I think Feki is looking like a very good signing. I think DP will get out the best of Griffin and he will be a decent squad member. If Alex foster and Gale get back to even close to their best that will be two amazing additions to this years team.
I am particularly looking forward to seeing Tyler Hepi. I think he is going to shine with us next year, but time will tell.

You add these players to this team it changes drastically.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2019, 12:54

I agreed Hepi will end up in the starting 17 and had some mongrel that we don't have
If Gale stays we won't be far away for mine
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 14 Sep 2019, 13:46

If nothing else,with Feki and Olpherts we've added some much needed pace to the back line,and with Eden,Gale,Robert's and Shenton to come back our attacking options can only improve.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 14 Sep 2019, 14:19

Hepworth7 wrote:If nothing else,with Feki and Olpherts we've added some much needed pace to the back line,and with Eden,Gale,Robert's and Shenton to come back our attacking options can only improve.

Roberts???? am i missing summatt????

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Sep 2019, 09:12

alftupper wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 12:26
:lol: with the exception of Gale (if he’s still with us) none of that lot will improve our prospects, mid table all the way
Feki will certainly give us more than the current three quarters from what I have seen. Statistically Griffin has performed well this year. He could give us something although I know games not played on paper and he is an uninspiring signing. But look what Maher and Clarkson have done...he must be a step up. Even Millo done little this year.